Clube Atlético Mineiro- Continuing Traditions

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Injury

View attachment 253522

Once again, Injury-prone Guilherme is out for 5 weeks with a twisted ankle. As Elkeson took over as the number 1 Central Attacking Midfielder, Guilherme will miss some Campeonato Mineiro games.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Campeonato Mineiro

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs América Futebol Clube

View attachment 253519
View attachment 253518
View attachment 253517

Today games had three players that had their debut today: the 2015 U-20 Golden Glove winner Cleiton, Adson and Walter Clar. Tiago also had a red card and will miss the next Campeonato Mineiro match against Tupi.

Gaston Gil Romero finally scored in the 74th minute with a well time close range shot. Tiago received an automatic red card after a professional foul. Jadson double the lead in the 85th minute after scoring on a penalty shot due to Domingos foul.

Next match will be the Copa Libertadores match against Cerro Porteno in Paraguay.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

Club Cerro Porteño vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 253499
View attachment 253498
View attachment 253497

This was a match that we should have won. 30 shots and only 1 goal, which was a penalty so doesn't really count. Cerro Porteno scored literally at the last second of the game to comeback and win.

Lucas Pratto scored on a penalty after Caceres gave it away. Blas Caceres then redeemed himself by tying the game with a header from close range. In the 92nd minute, Fernando Fernandez scored the game winning goal from a close range effort to comeback and win 2-1.

Next match will be against Tupi.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Transfers

View attachment 253424

Decided to let my young star Flavio on loan this season to the MLS side Seattle Sounders. With Carlos now back to our club full time, Flavio playing time would be drastically reduced so loaning him to Seattle would be a great way for him to improve. Also this allows me to look at my other striker prospects in Campeonato Mineiro.​

Tupi Football Club vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 253422
View attachment 253421
View attachment 253420

After that disappointing loss to Cerro Porteno last match, We came back with a huge win over Tupi. Carlos had an amazing night with 4 goals performance.

Felipe started the scoring with an effort from range. Carlos made it 2-0 with a nice effort from 13 metres. Carlos scored his 2nd of the night 2 minutes later with a placed shot from close range. Gian Luca pulled back one for Tupi after an inclusive finish from 19 metres. Carlos got his Hat-trick in the 73rd minute with a nice effort from 15 metres. Carlos scored his 4th goal 2 minutes later with an executed finish from range. Tabata completed the rout after taking advantage Diego Faria error and scoring from 11 metres.

Next game will be against Villa Nova.​

View attachment 253417

One of my raising star Tabata is now out for 5 weeks due to a twisted ankle injury. With Tabata out, Maicosuel and Cardenas will share time for the time being.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Call up

View attachment 253416

3 players from Atletico Mineiro were called up by their respective national teams. Lucas Pratto and Gaston Gil Romero were called up by Argentina and Carlos was called up by Brazil.​

Villa Nova Atlético Clube vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 253240
View attachment 253242
View attachment 253241

Another big win and a huge game fro both Carlos and Marion, both scoring 2 goals each. Also in the previous 3 games that we faced Villa Nova, we outscored them 23-0 including a 11-0 win in 2015.

Carlos scored in the 8th minute by a penalty shot after Geovane gave it away. Marion double the lead after a long range effort that curled past the keeper. Dodo made it 3-0 when he curled the ball past the keeper. Diego Claudino scored his first goal for the club after a fluke goal when Villa Nova's Raulen Luiz mis-cleared it. Marion scored his 2nd after an effort from 10 metres. In the 88th minute, Carlos also got his 2nd when he shot from inside the box which also deflected past the keeper. Felipe ended the rout at the end of the game with an effort from range.

Next game will be against Estudiante for the Copa Libertadores match at home.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Club Estudiantes de La Plata

View attachment 252789
View attachment 252787
View attachment 252786

As best of friends facing off for the first time in a professional competition, it was an exciting game to watch. Since when Estudiantes defeated Cruzeiro in the Copa Libertadores finals in 2009, the bond between Atletico and Estudiantes grew stronger when Estudiantes' Legend Veron proposed an annual friendly between the two clubs.

Estudiantes started the game quickly with a goal just under a minute after Sebastian Dominguez scored a well executed shot. Sherman Cardenas tied the game 4 minutes later after a simple finish from close. Lucas Pratto gave Atletico the lead just 3 minutes later with a fierce shot. Yamilson Rivera leveled the game after taking advantage of Jemerson's error. Elkeson restored Atletico lead after a thumping effort from range in the 52nd minute. 2 minutes later, Dominguez scored an own goal to gave Atletico a 2 goal lead.

Next game will be against URT at home.​

10,000 views!! I would like to thank everyone that supported this story and everyone that read it (you too silent readers) :D

Hey fellow brazilian
I haven't catched up with the story but I will be commenting once I do
Kind regards from a Corinthians fan ;)

View attachment 252640

Another player injured with a twisted Ankle and this time is Jadson. Lucas Candido and Cirigiliano will see increase playing time while Jadson is out.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs União Recreativa dos Trabalhadores

View attachment 252636
View attachment 252635
View attachment 252634

Great game for Marion who scored a hat-trick and an assist today. 17 year old striker Eron had a debut to remember as he scored a goal today.

Lucas Candido scored three minutes into the game with a tidy finish from 18 metres. Marion made it 2-0 via penalty shot after Cesar gave it away. Eron scored on his debut by a well timed shot from close range. Ezequiel Cirigliano scored a well executed shot from long range. Marion scored his 2nd with a good finish from close range. Cirigliano also scored his 2nd after a long range effort that curled past the keeper. Marion scored his hat-trick with another penalty after Pintado gave it away. Lucas Candido completed the rout by adding his 2nd of the day by taking advantage of Lauro error and scoring from close range.

Next game will be against Democrata at home.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- March Review

March Results
View attachment 252630

5 wins in 6 games this month with 4 wins in Campeonato Mineiro while scoring 23 goals and conceding only 1 goal. In Copa Libertadores, we lost to Cerro Porteno 2-1 including a last second that help Cerro Porteno to comeback and win and also a great 4-2 win over Estudiantes.

April Fixtures
View attachment 252629

Next month only features 5 games but as we qualified to the playoffs, more games will be added. 2 more games left in Campeonato Mineiro and both legs for the Semifinals and 1st leg of the Finals will be played. April will feature the final 3 games of Copa Libertadores.

Campeonato Mineiro after March
View attachment 252628

Both Cruzeiro and Atletico Mineiro qualified to the playoffs with 2 games to spare. We are still behind Cruzeiro by only 1 point and hoping that they will drop points in their next 2 games.

Copa Libertadores Group B after March
View attachment 252626

Group B is still wide open as Atletico, Cerro Porteno and Estudiantes are only 2 points apart from 1st to 3rd. The final 3 games will be very close on who will qualify to the Round of 16.

No awards were given out to Atletico Mineiro.

I finally finished reading this, awesome campaign, keep going, I also love the pics.
Nice to see my team did well too...for one season that is, that second was painful, also loaning out Malcom? I facepalmed so hard once I saw that! *sighs*
Also promise me you're gonna win either the Copa do Brasil or Libertadores this year so you can ****** the Sudamerica title from Palmeiras and smash them completely please? ;) (just to give you extra motivation, Palmeiras is like the Cruzeiro of São Paulo, therefore they must be smashed)

I finally finished reading this, awesome campaign, keep going, I also love the pics.
Nice to see my team did well too...for one season that is, that second was painful, also loaning out Malcom? I facepalmed so hard once I saw that! *sighs*
Also promise me you're gonna win either the Copa do Brasil or Libertadores this year so you can ****** the Sudamerica title from Palmeiras and smash them completely please? ;) (just to give you extra motivation, Palmeiras is like the Cruzeiro of São Paulo, therefore they must be smashed)

Yes I'm quite aware of the Corinthians-Palmeiras rivalry. My uncle is a huge Corinthiano, so I know how much he hates them (even though Santos really ****** him off). As for Timao in the 2nd season, I never seen a team drop off that badly in my FM career.

My focus is on Libertadores since I was sooooooo close to winning it. Only if I can find a way to beat Internacional.

Thank you for the support.

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Esporte Clube Democrata

View attachment 252018
View attachment 252017
View attachment 252016

Carlos had a BIG game today and I mean BIG!!! He scored not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 but 7 goals today, breaking a Campeonato Mineiro record that Jo had in 2015 when he scored 6 goals in a 11-0 win over Villa Nova.

Carlos started the scoring with a goal in the 4th minute after a cleanly struck effort from close range. Matheus Felipe tied the game in the 15th minute via penalty shot after Walter Clar gave it away. Paulinho gave Atletico the lead with an accurate finish. Carlos scored his 2nd after a placed shot from close range. Carlos got his hat-trick with an effort from range. Carlos with his 4th of the day scored by a well time shot in the 65th minute. Scoring his 5th, Carlos scored with an accurate shot the fooled the keeper. Carlos hit his 6th and trying Jo's Campeonato Mineiro record after clean shot from close range to goal. Finally Carlos ended the rout with his 7th and breaking the record when he took advantage of Alex error to scored from close range.

Next game is a Copa Libertadores match against Atletico Nacional in Colombia​