Clube Atlético Mineiro- Continuing Traditions

7 goals!!!!! My entire team cant put up numbers like that! :p

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

Club Atlético Nacional S. A vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 251724
View attachment 251726
View attachment 251725

Sherman Cardenas returns to Medellin but with Atletico Mineiro. Tough game where we had to comeback after a terrible start to the game.

Juan Jose Narvaez took advantage of Felipe Santana error to score a well time shot from close range for the first goal of the game. Elkeson tied late in the 1st half after a cleanly struck effort that past the keeper. Lucas Pratto gave Atletico Mineiro their first lead in the game after seizing an opportunity due to Juan David Valencia mistake. Pratto scored his 2nd of the night with a well struck effort. Danilo Asprilla pulled back one for Atletico Nacional to make it 3-2 but it wasn't enough.

Next game will be the Campeonato Mineiro finale against Caldense.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Campeonato Mineiro

Associação Atlética Caldense vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 251689
View attachment 251699
View attachment 251696

As Campeonato Mineiro comes to an end, we finished our last game with a big win over Caldense. Maicosuel scored a hat-trick today and Carlos had 2 goals. With this win, we will mostly likely face America Mineiro in the Semifinals.

Maicosuel gave Atletico the lead in the 12th minute when he scored a well time finish from close range. Carlos double the lead by a penalty after Arevalo gave it away. Our captain Leonardo Silva scored with a fine header in the 35th minute. Carlos scored his 2nd of the day with a nice effort from 14 metres. Maicosuel also added his 2nd after scoring on a freekick from 21 metres. Maicosuel scored his hat-trick after taking advantage of Jocinei's mistake and scored a good finish from close range.

Next game will be the Campeonato Mineiro Semifinals against a team to be announced soon.​

Final Campeonato Mineiro Standing
View attachment 251678

Here are the final standing for Campeonato Mineiro before the playoffs. Cruzeiro, Atletico Mineiro, America Mineiro and Boa will play in the playoffs as they qualified. Since Cruzeiro finished 1st, they will have home advantage in the 2nd leg and will qualify to the finals or win with a win or tie (as their are no away goals or extra time/penalty shootout). Both URT and Guarani were relegated to Módulo II da Primeira Divisão (2nd Module of the First Division).

View attachment 251677
View attachment 251676

Since America Mineiro finished 3rd, we will face them in the semifinals:

View attachment 251675

I am confident you can get through America, let us just jope you beat Cruzeiro in the final, its time to set the record straight!

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Recopa Sudamericana

View attachment 251674
View attachment 251673
View attachment 251672

(I forgot about this competition so I'm writing a quick one. This was in February 10th and 15th.)

Copa Libertadores winner Internacional won their 3rd Recopa title after winning their 2016 Recopa rematch against Copa Sudamericana winner Palmeiras and they won in a dramatic comeback. After losing 3-0 in the 1st leg, Internacional cameback in style to score 3 goals and scoring the winning goal in extra time.

I am confident you can get through America, let us just jope you beat Cruzeiro in the final, its time to set the record straight!

First I'm hoping that Boa will do a miracle. If not, I'll be ready for them.

YES! Thanks for that update, seeing Palmeiras fail makes me very happy.

When I saw that, I knew you were going to be happy.

América Futebol Clube vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 251585
View attachment 251584
View attachment 251583

Terrible game today as we failed to score against America Mineiro even with 23 shots. The only highlight of the game was the 2 injuries we had.

Edcarlos had to leave the game with am undisclosed injury and will be for sometimes. Lucas Candido also left the game with an injury and will be out for sometime.

View attachment 251582View attachment 251581

Edcarlos is out with Groin Strain injury and will be out for 3 weeks. Lucas Candido is out for 8 days but will be back hopefully for the 2nd leg against America Mineiro.

Next game will be a Copa Libertadores match against Cerro Porteno.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Club Cerro Porteño

View attachment 249950
View attachment 249953
View attachment 249952

When I say dominating win, I mean it. 38 shot to none and somehow I still can't believe that I lost to them last time. With this win, we qualified to the round of 16. Sherman Cardenas had a big game today.

Elkeson put Atletico on the board with a goal in the 4th minute with an incisive finish from 12 metres. Sherman Cardenas double the lead 4 minutes later when with a well time shot from close range. Cardenas scored his second goal of the night with a powerful strike. Lucas Pratto completed the rout at the end of 1st half with a good finish from close range.

Next match will be against America Mineiro for the 2nd leg of Campeonato Mineiro Semifinals.​

Last edited:

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs América Futebol Clube

View attachment 249721
View attachment 249725
View attachment 249724

This game was a physical game, 8 yellows and 2 red cards and my entire back 4 had a yellow card which made me nervous. Anyways, with this win, we are are heading to our 11th consecutive Campeonato Mineiro finals.

Carlos scored by a penalty shot after former Atletico's Wendal gave it away to give Atletico Mineiro the 1-0 lead. Leo Lisboa was ejected from the match after a bad tackle in the 36th minute to leave America with 10 men. Joao Ricardo, the keeper for America, scored an own goal after accidentally kicking the ball in. Guilherme Andrade received his 2nd yellow after a bad tackle to leave America with 9 men. Ezequiel Cirigliano made it 3-0 in the 76th minute after a well timed finish from close range.

Next game will be the final Copa Libertadores group stage match against Estudiantes in Argentina.​

View attachment 249713
View attachment 249712

And not surprising, Atletico Mineiro will face Cruzeiro for the 46th time and 5th consecutive finals. Last time we met them in the finals, we defeated 6-3 on aggregate. Hopefully we can make it 3 in a row.​

Club Estudiantes de La Plata vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 249632
View attachment 249631
View attachment 249630

As the final game of the group stage was played, this game was a huge disappointment. A 2-0 lead lost and not having many chances to score. But the bright side is that we finished 1st in our group.

Lucas Pratto broke an Atletico Mineiro record for the quickest goal to start a game by scoring in 14 seconds with a well executed shot from close range. Pratto double the lead after an accurate finish from inside the penalty area. Jorge Pereyra Diaz cut the lead to one after a shot from distance. Ezequiel Cerutti tied the game with an accurate shot to help Estudiantes comeback.

Next game is against our Rival Cruzeiro for the 1st leg of the Campeonato Mineiro final.​

Good luck in the Campeonato Mineiro final mate, disappointing to throw the lead away against Estudiantes but at least you top the group! :)

Group B
View attachment 249629

So here you go with the final standing for Group B. We finished on top with 13 points. Estudiantes also qualified to the Round of 16 with 11 points.

Copa Libertadores Group Stage
View attachment 249628View attachment 249627

Here are the rest of the groups and the top 2 teams from each group are going to the knockout stage of Copa Libertadores. Internacional, the winner of the previous 2 Copa Libertadores, did not qualify to the next round so we will have a new champion.

So for the next round, how the draw is determined for the Round of 16 is the best team that finished 1st against the worst team that finished 2nd, so 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, 3rd vs 14th and so on.

First Place Teams Second Place Team
View attachment 249626View attachment 249625
View attachment 249624

For the 2nd year in a row, we will be someone from the same group and that will be Estudiantes. As I mention a couple of post ago, Estudiantes is a 4 time Copa Libertadores winner with the last one in 2009 after defeating Cruzeiro. Also in the knockout stage, we will not face any Brazilian clubs until the finals but our path may include facing 3 Argentian clubs.

View attachment 249623

Good luck in the Campeonato Mineiro final mate, disappointing to throw the lead away against Estudiantes but at least you top the group! :)

Thanks! i will need all the luck I can get since Cruzeiro have beaten us 3 of the last 4 meeting.

Got my fingers crossed for a Copa Libertadores win mate!!!