Clyde FC
Season 7 - Update 3 (February to League Split)

View attachment 448733

Fixtures:

View attachment 448732

It's amazing what a settled team and a lack of injuries can do. 9 games since the last update and we managed to win 7 of them and only lose 2 (Both tight 1-0 losses away from home to Celtic and Aberdeen). Never mind a relegation battle, the last 6 games will now be about a push for European places! :D

Player of the update - Malky Bonnar

View attachment 448731

Malky has really kicked on over the last couple of months and now has 17 goals in his first season as first choice striker.

Player Stats:

View attachment 448729

Steven Davis continues to improve and you will notice a new name just below him on the list there just below him, who is a new signing I made...

Transfer:

View attachment 448728

The potential to be a leading SPL player, Marchiori has slotted straight into the ball winning midfielder role and I'm hoping he will develop nicely with some first team football.

League Table:

View attachment 448727

So we've scraped into the top 6 on goal difference so we have guaranteed a top 6 finish. The top 4 are guaranteed European football while 5th place can also qualify depending on the winners and runners up of the Scottish Cup. Hopefully Celtic and Rangers both win their Semi's and then we'll only need 5th place to gain a historic Europa League appearance for the club.

Next update will be an end of season review, can we secure European qualification in our first season in the SPL?..

This is my favourite story on here at the moment. Keep up the good work!

This is my favourite story on here at the moment. Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it!

Off to the Sunderland match now but will try to get the end of the season played and updated tonight or tomorrow afternoon by the latest.

Keep up the good work, man. I sense European football coming to Clyde FC next season!

Clyde FC
Season 7 - Update 4 (Championship Group)

View attachment 448219

Fixtures:

View attachment 448218

4 points from our last 5 games and only 1 against our main rivals St Mirren and Hibernian was not what we were hoping for. Still, if we won on the last day and Hibs lost at home to Rangers then we would finish in 5th and qualify for Europe. We did manage to beat Dundee United however Hibs pulled out a 2-0 victory over Rangers so we finish in 6th and miss out on Europe!

Player of the update - Nobody

Nobody deserves it as we didn't play well enough in the last 5 games!

Player Stats:

View attachment 448217

Jack Lowe performed just as I expected and I was also pretty impressed by both Bonnar and Davis. The top 5 in the average ratings are all 23 or under so we are looking at a pretty good future!

League Table:

View attachment 448214

Disappointing not to qualify for Europe in the end but at the end of the day we massively over performed to get into the top 6. We have the basis of a very good squad for this level but just need a few quality additions in the positions we are lacking (Especially both wings, a new center back and a new left back).

Next up will be an end of season review for season 7.

I wish every time i looked there was half a season to look at :D

Haha, yeah I could go back to that. I was just thinking if I do more updates, they'll be a bit more regular than when I was just doing 2 updates per season and I can go into a little bit more detail.

You don't know how many caps someone should have before they get a work permit do you? I've found a nice Ivorian regen winger but he can't get a work permit with 5 caps at the age of 20?

Haha, yeah I could go back to that. I was just thinking if I do more updates, they'll be a bit more regular than when I was just doing 2 updates per season and I can go into a little bit more detail.

You don't know how many caps someone should have before they get a work permit do you? I've found a nice Ivorian regen winger but he can't get a work permit with 5 caps at the age of 20?

I think it's 10 or needs to be over 21 for Africa.. it's only over 18 for south america

International Appearances

Any foreign player who seeks a work permit must have appeared in at least 75 percent of his national team's competitive A matches during the previous two years. A competitive A match includes the World Cup, World Cup qualifying and any other match played in the country's federation. If the player has not fulfilled this requirement for any reason, the club must provide written evidence documenting the player's injury history.

National Team Ranking

The player's national team must also be ranked in the top 70 in the official FIFA world soccer rankings. The Football Association averages the monthly FIFA rankings over a two-year period to assess whether the player meets this requirement. The national team ranking regulation ensures the prospective player comes from a strong international playing background.

boosh!

International Appearances

Any foreign player who seeks a work permit must have appeared in at least 75 percent of his national team's competitive A matches during the previous two years. A competitive A match includes the World Cup, World Cup qualifying and any other match played in the country's federation. If the player has not fulfilled this requirement for any reason, the club must provide written evidence documenting the player's injury history.

National Team Ranking

The player's national team must also be ranked in the top 70 in the official FIFA world soccer rankings. The Football Association averages the monthly FIFA rankings over a two-year period to assess whether the player meets this requirement. The national team ranking regulation ensures the prospective player comes from a strong international playing background.

boosh!

Cheers mate, was looking forward to bringing him in but there looks like there is no chance!

Clyde FC
Season 7 - End of Season Review

View attachment 448194

Competitions:

SPL - 6th Place

View attachment 448193

Scottish Cup - 4th Round

View attachment 448192

Scottish League Cup - Quarter Final

View attachment 448191

Awards:

Fans Player of the Year - Jack Lowe

View attachment 448188

Best 11:

View attachment 448187

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 448186

Club + Competition Rankings:

Scottish Clubs Reputation:

View attachment 448184

European Coefficients:

View attachment 448183

European Qualification Places:

View attachment 448182

Competition Rankings:

View attachment 448181

Club News:

1) Club set a new average attendance of 6,063, around 75% of the stadiums capacity.

View attachment 448180

2) After checking the club boardroom, it says we are currently building a new stadium due for completion in 2 seasons time! We've never had a message about it and it doesn't say anything about a new stadium on the clubs facilities page (Which it normally would) so it's fair to say I'm a bit confused about that one!

View attachment 448173

3) We've set up a pre-season training camp in Australia. Not exactly exciting news but we've never even been allowed out of Scotland in pre-season before so it's a pretty big jump XD

View attachment 448171

Next update will be a season 8 preview. We will have our usual squad overhaul with only 13 players left on the book. However, this time we actually have a good base to build on and around 7 or 8k a week to spend on 7 or 8 players!

How come Aberdeen finished 7th with 60 points? Shouldn't they have finished 4th as St Mirren are 4th with 55 points?

How come Aberdeen finished 7th with 60 points? Shouldn't they have finished 4th as St Mirren are 4th with 55 points?

The league splits into two groups after 33 games so the top 6 play each other once again and so does the bottom 6. This means that the 7th place team is not allowed to finish any higher than 7th :)

Shame you couldn't manage 5th, but 6th is a pretty sweet achievement!

Clyde FC
Season 8 Preview

View attachment 447755

Transfers:

View attachment 447754

Another pretty active Summer Transfer window for the club. First of all we'll look at the 4 players we've brought in on loan for the upcoming season. Joe Gomez is a center half on loan from Celtic who will fight for a first choice center half berth, and left back Edmond Mustafa is going straight into the first 11 on loan from PAOK. Greg Kiltie and Jason Fagan are only backup players but I'm hoping McManaman will challenge Commons to a starting spot on the left wing.

View attachment 447753View attachment 447752View attachment 447751View attachment 447750View attachment 447749

We also brought in Danny Lafferty as a backup left back on a free transfer, and one of our loanees from last season Matthew Needham has joined to be our first choice right winger. Dean Murphy is a young Irish keeper we brought in on a free as our two current keepers will miss the start of the season, but now he's here he'll probably be our number 1 as he has the potential to be a 'star' SPL keeper. Finally, we brought in a Malian international who will cover both the right back and center back positions and hopefully over a level of quality in backup we've never had in the past before.

View attachment 447743View attachment 447744View attachment 447745View attachment 447742

Squad:

View attachment 447741

First 11:

View attachment 447740

If anyone wants screenshots of any players, just ask...

Next update will review the first few months of the season, can we start to make a push towards the European places or will be dragged towards a relegation battle?..

Clyde FC

Season 8 - Update 1 (August and September)

View attachment 447651

Fixtures:

View attachment 447650

A brilliant start to the new season, winning the majority of league games and making it to the League Cup Quarter Final. We also managed a historic 2-1 smash and grab victory at Celtic Park however we have lost our last 2 in the league and are hoping that we won't drop to rubbish all of a sudden as happened in the Championship group last year!

Player of the Months - Jack Lowe

View attachment 447646

7 goals, 6 assists and 3 MOM's from 10 appearances. He really is our key man and I turned down ?1,000,000+ bids for him in August!

Player Stats:

View attachment 447645

Stuart Gray has been brilliant when he has played, albeit mostly in the cup against lower league opposition. You can see why we are doing so well when all of our strikers are performing at such a high level!

League Table:

View attachment 447643
We've been top for most of the season but have now dropped to 4th with the 2 recent defeats, but we can jump back up to 2nd with a win in our game in hand.

Major Club News - Board Takeover:

View attachment 447641

The board takeover finally happened and despite media claims reporting that Alex Mc'Leish was going to get my job I was never really worried. I wasn't actually expecting much from the takeover but I was pleasantly surprised with what the new chairman has gave us:

1) Increased transfer and wage budget -
Wage budget has jumped from 20k per week to 40 k per week and the transfer budget has jumped from nothing to ?1,200,000.

View attachment 447640

2) Our finances are looking a lot better.

View attachment 447637

3) Our scouting range has been extended to worldwide scouting.

View attachment 447636

Next update will be a review of November and December before a January Transfer Window update, where I will be hoping to pick up some exciting young players with the extra money we've been given!

Clyde FC
Season 8 - Mid-Season Update (October to December)

View attachment 446666

Fixtures:

View attachment 446665

Still very happy with the way we are heading and the results we got over the past 3 months have been largely positive, especially as we've been missing star man Jack Lowe for the last month because of some inconveniently placed international tournament! The best results over the three months were probably the 2-1 home victory over Rangers, and managing to make it to the League Cup Semi Finals by beating St Johnston on penalties!

Player of the Update - Malky Bonnar

View attachment 446660

A great few months for the boyhood Clyde fan, managing to add 9 goals, 3 assists and 3 MOM's to his tally since the last update. Nice to see a product of our youth academy playing so well in the first team!

Player Stats:

View attachment 446658

League Table:

View attachment 446657

Sitting nicely in 3rd place but you'd expect Rangers to overtake us with their games in hand. However I would say we're doing pretty well when you compare our annual wage expenditures...

View attachment 446655

Club News:

1) New Parent Club -
I asked for a new parent club to bring players in on loan and the board came back with German side Hannover. However, I made the mistake of not checking the proposal and there is actually no agreement on loans and it's only that Hannover get first option on our players so I will be cancelling this link as soon as the game allows me.

View attachment 446652

2) New Feeder Club -
I also asked the board for a new feeder club and fortunately this was a bit more successful. They came back with 5 options, 4 of whom were all in Britain so I decided to avoid those and go for Dinamo Minsk from Belarus. Who knows, maybe we'll get the next Alexsander Hleb:p

View attachment 446651

Next update will probably be a January update with us actually having a decent budget to spend so we'll look to improve the squad for a European push in the second half of the season. However, we'll still have to be careful with the money we have and look to get good value for money as we still have very little income being such a small club.

Clyde FC
Season 8 - Update 3 (January Update)

View attachment 446473

Fixtures:

View attachment 446469

2 wins and 2 defeats in the League isn't a bad return when we've had 3 or 4 defenders missing through international tournaments. The most important result though was making our way through to the League Cup Final against Celtic, our first final since I took charge!

League Table:

View attachment 446468

We should manage to get a top 5 finish and qualify for the Europa League Qualifying round. I'm still secretly hoping to finish runners up and claim a CL qualifying spot though, although that is pretty unlikely...

Transfers:

View attachment 446467

The first two signings to look at are a loan and a free transfer. The center half was brought in to cover over January when we had loads of injuries but probably wont play much for the rest of the season, despite being a good player, as I feel it is important to develop our own center halfs ahead of others! Sunny will provide some quality cover as the ball winning DM and may even find himself pushing for the starting spot.

View attachment 446466View attachment 446465

The two youngsters brought in followed my tradition in these types of saves of looking for cheap signings from the national teams of the smaller footballing nations. Both have the potential to become star players for the league and aren't on the highest of wages so should turn out to be good signings.

View attachment 446464View attachment 446463

Club News:

1)
The main news coming out of the club is we have agreed to make expansions to both our training and youth facilities over the Summer. They will cost the club around ?2,500,000 combined but hopefully it will prove worth it in the long run!

View attachment 446462

Next update will either be a League Cup Final Update or another League update before we split off into the Championship Group for the final 6 games of the season...

Hey mate, just caught up, if you're looking for cheap youth you can't go wrong with the Ivory Coast, Nigeria and Ghana youth teams :)

Clyde FC

Season 8 - League Cup Final

View attachment 446213

Cylde 0 -
1 Celtic

View attachment 446214

Unfortunately our first appearance in a major Cup Final ended in defeat as we could not pull of a giant killing against the green half of Glasgow. In truth, they were the better team as the match stats suggest, but we did have a couple of really good chances which, if we had converted converted, we could have pulled off a shock.

Next update will be a league update up until the league split...