Great story mate! Definitly seems to be a common theme with Scottish clubs but thats brilliant! Hopefull you can destroy the old firm in a few years!!

Clyde FC
Season 3 Preview

View attachment 455480

Transfers:

View attachment 455479

A very busy summer preparing our squad for a higher quality of football. The two most notable names on the incoming list are probably Chris Iwelumo and Ritchie Humphries, who both offer a high quality for the level despite lacking pace. I feel we've found a good blend of youth and experience in the signings and we should be able to stay clear of relegation this season. Here are the players we've brought in...

View attachment 455469View attachment 455470View attachment 455471View attachment 455472View attachment 455473View attachment 455474View attachment 455475View attachment 455476View attachment 455477View attachment 455468

Squad:

View attachment 455460View attachment 455459

The squad is much bigger than last year and hopefully that will help us avoid any major patches of bad form like we experienced last season. Also, like previously mentioned, we've got a nice blend of youth and experience which I believe is essential in the lower leagues. We've still got 3.5k left in our wage budget as well to strengthen our squad if any players become available who can improve our squad!

Ok, next update will be a mid-season update. Can we adapt to life in League 1 or are we heading straight back down?

Our first victory over an SPL side on this save...

View attachment 455441

And our reward for this result is a trip to Celtic Park! Should be great for our finances :D

Last edited:
Good luck Scotty. Your Abertstywyth save last year inspired me to my bangor city save which I had a blast with. As a gers man though I won't be going anyone else in Scotland apart from them.

Clyde FC
Season 3 - Mid-Season Update

View attachment 455006

Fixtures:

View attachment 455005

A brilliant first half of the season has really fell away over the last 5 games as we've only picked up 2 points from our last 5 games. Still, I shouldn't complain as we are new to the league and we're doing as well as can be expected I suppose. We really need to pick up our form soon or we risk sliding right down the table...

Cup Fixtures:

View attachment 455004

Pretty similar to last season, with one big scalp over Kilmarnock and a few disappointing defeats. The away tie against Celtic was brilliant for our finances as it brought us around 250k in gate receipts.

Player of the Update - Chris Iwelumo

[video=youtube;59sG34Nx-DY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59sG34Nx-DY[/video]

Who would of thought a man who could miss a chance like this would manage 14 goals, 3 assists, 7 MOM's and an average rating of 7.54 in 20 games at the ripe old age of 37. XD All joking aside, he has been far above my expectations and hopefully he will continue the form into the second half of the season...

Player Stats:

View attachment 455002

Iwelumo, Watt and Fitzharris are the standout players so far. Also nice to see a defender rating above 7 with David Marsh...

League Table:

View attachment 455001

I hate Ayr! Just like last season, they are threatening to run away with the league once again. On the plus side, despite our poor run of form in the past 5 games, we still sit comfortably above Stenhousemuir in 5th place so it looks as though we should be on course for a playoff place. Barring another horrible run of form that is. Where do you guys think we can finish?

Next update will be an end of season review. Can we manage to obtain consecutive promotions or will we fall apart...

Good updates mate, and making solid progress though i'd be mightily impressed if you catch Ayr now this season.

nice story mate keep it up how have your youth intakes been

nice story mate keep it up how have your youth intakes been

Been pretty poor, although these two featured quite a bit last season when the squad was short...

View attachment 454983View attachment 454982

They haven't played much this season though since they're not good enough really. Broadhurst has the potential to be a decent SPL midfielder though so I'm hoping to loan him out and see if he improves.

Clyde FC
Season 3 - End of Season Review

View attachment 454588

Fixtures:

View attachment 454587

A third successive season with playoffs deciding our fate at the end of the season! Unfortunately, an extra time collapse in the second leg of our semi final against Livingston means we are going to get promoted for a second consecutive season. Next season I really want to win the league and avoid those **** playoffs!

Player of the Season - Chris Iwelumo

View attachment 454586

26 goals, 9 assists and 13 MOM's in 42 appearances, the man was a colossus up front for us this season. I'm hoping he can repeat it next season but I'm worried he may not be able to as his stats are starting to decline even further.

Player Stats:

View attachment 454585

Martin Woods performed pretty well after coming in on a free midway through the season but my two strikers were our main men and we'll be hoping they can perform as well next season.

League Table:

View attachment 454584

If there's one good thing to come out of this season it's that we won't have to play Ayr next season! Also, we managed to pick up more points in League 1 than we did in either season we played in League 2.

Next update will be a season 4 preview. Can we make a few key additions to push us towards the Scottish Championship?...

Clyde FC
Season 4 Preview:

View attachment 453724

Transfers:

View attachment 453737

Pretty happy with the business done this summer again. Wright, Lappin and Dynes are all coming in as first teamers and I think Dynes may be able to hold down a first choice place for years to come, as long as he improves that marking stat! I sold first choice left back Kieran McDonald to Falkirk but managed to include a loan back till the end of next season clause. So, I got 14k for him, his wages off the wage budget and I still have him for 2 season! Anyway... here's the signings...

View attachment 453735View attachment 453734View attachment 453733View attachment 453732View attachment 453731View attachment 453730

Squad:

View attachment 453729View attachment 453728

I think my squad is probably in better shape than last year so I'm hoping to win the league. Not too confident though as I've really struggled to get a sustained period of good form going on this save yet...

Next update will be a mid-season update, where do you think we'll be sitting in the table?..

Iwelumo has a special place in my hate filled heart! only a right **** could miss something like that..

Clyde FC
Season 4 - Mid-Season Review

View attachment 453322

Fixtures:

View attachment 453318

A pretty solid first half of the season marred only by a dodgy little run in the middle of these fixtures. I feel as though we aren't really conceding as many goals and are finding ourselves as being capable of scraping out results in close games. We're even starting to get a bit of luck in some of our matches...

Cup Fixtures:

View attachment 453317

Pretty poor in both the Challenge Cup and League Cup, however we've cruised into a 4th round tie away to Motherwell in the Scottish Cup due to a pretty nice draw. I think this is the furthest we've got in the Scottish Cup so far...

Player of the Update - David Marsh

View attachment 453314

4 MOM's for the center half and an average rating of 7.24 represents the best season so far for our regular center back. Think he's benefiting from playing alongside more quality defenders and is resulting in a stronger defense.

Player Stats:

View attachment 453309

Not many standout players but solid performances all round have been enough for us so far. Oh... and Iwelumo is still banging the goals in!

League Table:

View attachment 453306

Averaging over 2 points a game which would have been enough to take the title last season. Unfortunately, this season Dunfermline are flying and so we might have to settle for the playoffs... AGAIN!

Next update will be an end of season review, can we push Dunfermline for the title or will we have to settle for the playoffs?

Clyde FC
Season 4 Review:

View attachment 452921

Fixtures:

View attachment 452919

Well we couldn't win the league but I suppose I'll settle for promotion through the playoffs! We had a pretty awful spell again during the middle of this half of the season but we recovered well enough in time for the playoffs. I thought we had blown our chances in the playoff final when we fell 3 goals behind against Championship Cowdenbeath in the 1st leg but luckily we managed to pull one back and then win the 2nd leg 3-0 to send us up for the second time in 4 seasons!

Player of the Season - Chris Iwelumo

View attachment 452920

What a man! 28 goals, 7 assists and 8 MOM's in 40 appearances at the age of 38 was pivotal in our promotion push!

Player Stats:

View attachment 452909

This is the last time you'll see a lot of these players as I'm planning on letting a lot of them go on frees over the summer!

League Table:

View attachment 452904

We gained 6 more points than last season but finished miles behind runaway leaders Dunfermline, so still no silverware for the 'Bully Wee' yet under my reign.

Next update will be a season 5 preview, we'll probably be very busy building a side to compete in the Championship...

Think this story is over, keep getting crash dumps when the game tries to progress to the 5th of July. Tried the suggested fixes on the SI forums but can't upload it because my laptop won't let me download the software to do so. The only hope I have is an older save that I have which dates back to March in game. I was really enjoying this save so I'll try that file tomorrow and try my best to replicate what happened the first time I played through the save...

Edit: Yeah, I've tried the other save and it still doesn't work so it looks like this save is over :/

Last edited:
Forget that last post, just hopped on the save and it seems to be working now! Should have the pre-season update up tonight if I don't encounter any more problems :D

Clyde FC
Season 5 Preview

View attachment 452417

Transfers:

View attachment 452416

Lots of transfers both in and out with the majority of our incoming transfers being players over the age of 30 with the experience of playing at a higher level which I think we'll need. The star signing in my opinion is probably Kris Commons who should still be a top player at this level at the age of 33. Also look out for young striker Stuart Gray who'll lead the line for us this season as an advanced forward. Here are all of the incoming signings...

View attachment 452404View attachment 452405View attachment 452406View attachment 452407View attachment 452408View attachment 452409View attachment 452410View attachment 452411View attachment 452412View attachment 452403

Squad:

View attachment 452402

Think we've got enough quality to avoid relegation but not enough depth in certain positions to make any sort of push for the playoffs...

Tactic + First 11:

View attachment 452396

Decided to remove a striker and replace with an enganche attacking midfielder to fit in Stephen Dobbie. I'm not the greatest with tactics but I've just built this to try to account for the strengths of the individuals within the squad.

Next update will be a mid-season update, can we adjust to life in the Championship?