Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Just played it for the first time and it's immense! Was worth the 3 day download wait. As soon as I get some cash I'll be popping down to the shops to buy it, it's that good!

Graphics are nice and gameplay is fast and intuitive. First impressions been good so far.

:wub:

oooh am glad its good....was waitin to see what people thought of it....

think i may have to make a purchase... :D

I hope it's good on the 360 as well as my pc isn't anywhere near good enough to run it :(

According to Westwood (or whoever makes it these days) it can run reasonably well on older PC's.

You'll want a keyboard and mouse for it aswell Sean.

RTS on controllers slows the game down too much for me. When I played Age of Empires I could not live without my shortcut keys. RTS should just stick to PC unless they have keyboard and mouse support.

I have also been waiting for this but i have no money at the moment. I did have this on preorder but cancelled it. Should be able to get funds soon but i cant wait now i have heard good feedback because it could so easily been a **** attemp to mathc the previous games.

Well to be honest I thought Generals was a bit lame so they could only really get better in my opinion :D

Yeh Generals sucks. They have the Command & Conquer decade back installed on most the computer in the games lab at uni and everyone plays Red Alert 2 or Tiberium Sun, nobody ever plays Generals.

RTS on controllers slows the game down too much for me. When I played Age of Empires I could not live without my shortcut keys. RTS should just stick to PC unless they have keyboard and mouse support.

Can only agree i love aoe and cac will need to play the demo and see if it's worth buying.

Age of Empire games are fun, but they seem a bit 'slow' compared to C&C.

So erm would you say C&C3 is better than Red Alert 2??

I don't think anything will ever be better than Red Alert 2 because that was just so simple. But it's almost as good. :)

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person in the world that can't stand RTS games!! :bigeyes:

Thank you Lee :D

Paul you are insane i recon.

A few of my mates can't stand RTS as well, they are more FPS and Racing gamers, personally I've loved RTS games since AOE 1 but I never liked the C&C series much. It looks sweet and obviously it's not **** because the sales and high review scores are there for all to see but it's not for me. I'll give the 360 C&C a miss unless a demo convinces me otherwise.

Gotta admit I prefer the AOEs to C&Cs, but they're both quality games.

If I'm honest the only bad thing about the LOTR controls was that you couldn't zoom out far enough, too much scrolling was used and it became annoying. I'm downloading the PC demo now because I can't wait for the 360 demo. I will more than likely buy it for the 360 now anyway because the lack of decent games in late April/early May will force it.