Connor Wickham and other English youths

Danielhaley6

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry if this thread has already been done but I havent seen one.

Has anyone signed Connor Wickham and trained him up? He is dubbed the "new shearer" at start of game and was wondering how he progresses. Also if anyone has taken similar level english youths and trained them to be wonderkids, bar the obvious Wilshire, jones, rodwell etc...

Thanks
Danny

Wickham has been slow to develop for me so far. I am in Jan of season 2 (Chelsea) and so far his progress has been disappointing. I was hoping for him to be the long term replacement for Drogba. I got him on a good training program first season (dunc's) and tutored him with Drogba. Moved him to the first team and played him as much as I was able to. He seemed to get injured every time I put him in a game. Never for a long time but I would play him, he would get hurt for 2 weeks, then rehab, U18 game, Reserve game, then back to the big club for a cup game and, bam hurt again for another 2 weeks. By the end of the season he was a little more stable but with Drogba's contract up after the 2nd season and him declining and refusing to take a pay cut I signed Lukaku during June. Wickhams play time this year has declined and he is reluctant to go on loan. When I loan list him his status goes to "feels he is too good to go on loan" Currently fielding offers for his loan for the second half of the season where hopefully he will get some regular 1st team play and then will reevaluate what I want to do with him.

i signed wickham in my 1st season as borough and he played a good part of the season, 2nd season he played alot more and 3rd season im in europa cup and 3rd in the league and his my star player. His ratings have dramatically improved. His best attributes are listed and the rest are good aswell, his an all round player,

finishing-16
pace-16
acceleration-15
strength-19
Heading-16
long throws-19
jumping-16
composure-15

I always sign Alex Smithies, and he never dissapoints me, always reliable and is Englands no1 on my game ahead of Joe Hart and Ben Foster, also Alex Chamberlain is really immense down the wing, numerous assits and goals, never dissapoints.

Alex Smithies is immense.....I started off at Blackpool signed him for 600k and he was key to me winning the League Cup, FA Cup and finishing in 9th, 8th then 5th in my first 3 seasons and getting me into europe.

I then got offered the UNITED job, which I took and I had to give Smithies a go in the big time. He did cost me 18M to sign him from my old club but this boy has not let me down and helped me in my first season to win the League, Europa Leage and FA Cup!!!! MUST BUY!

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

RB - Kyle Walker.....excellent player 5 seasons into the game. England RB first choice and I only paid 3M for him.

Jordan Spence, if you loan him or sign him whatever and play him constantly his stats improve like wild fire and is a rock at the back!

phil jones has been solid for me as carraghers replacement but i dont risk him in the big games he has also played at RB and can play DM and CM

phil jones has been solid for me as carraghers replacement but i dont risk him in the big games he has also played at RB and can play DM and CM

Why wouldn't you play him in the big games?

One of my coaches says he will almost never succumb to injury. Almost in my 4th season, and he hasn't been injured for a single day yet lol.

Phil Jones best player i have and my vice captain must buy

Why wouldn't you play him in the big games?

One of my coaches says he will almost never succumb to injury. Almost in my 4th season, and he hasn't been injured for a single day yet lol.

You have blatantly just jinxed your self, he will now get injured for two years with two broken legs.

On topic, he is a quality player at the begging and progresses a **** of alot.

Wickham seems to get injured a lot. I signed him in summer '10, but he's spent at least 2 months injured (I'm only in Nov '10)...

He's not a bad player, but he's injured quite a bit and he's a bit of a slow developer.

Wickham did great when I was Newcastle and he could knock them in from range as well. He was great until he got injured for a year and a half and then i got rid of him when he got healthy. He is great when healthy.

What about Dale Jennings from Tranmere? My scouts say he's 4/5 stars = A future leading star in the premiership. Anybody tried him out?

I got Wickham for less than 2mil in my 2nd season (1st season in prem with Forest). He didnt score in 30 games in first season but attracted interest from the big clubs so I stuck with him. Next season he got a goal here and there but season 4 he is my top scorer at age 20 with 26 goals for the season as a lone striker!! Season 5 now, his finishing has reached 16 and has just made his England debut at 21. Stick with him and he can do a good job!!

What about Dale Jennings from Tranmere? My scouts say he's 4/5 stars = A future leading star in the premiership. Anybody tried him out?

i have just bought him but kept him an tranmere for the first season so i dont buy him and just put him in the reserves etc. he is playing week in week out and doing alot better

Henri Landsbury from Arsenal is immense worked wonders for a pretty average sheff united squad in the championship

when you sign a young player is it worth playing them all the time to improve there stats ???? or will they improve just playing now and then??

I think the more you play them, the better they become. Thats been the case for me. The bit-part youngsters in my team dont improve too much.

Wickham has been slow to develop for me so far. I am in Jan of season 2 (Chelsea) and so far his progress has been disappointing. I was hoping for him to be the long term replacement for Drogba. I got him on a good training program first season (dunc's) and tutored him with Drogba. Moved him to the first team and played him as much as I was able to. He seemed to get injured every time I put him in a game. Never for a long time but I would play him, he would get hurt for 2 weeks, then rehab, U18 game, Reserve game, then back to the big club for a cup game and, bam hurt again for another 2 weeks. By the end of the season he was a little more stable but with Drogba's contract up after the 2nd season and him declining and refusing to take a pay cut I signed Lukaku during June. Wickhams play time this year has declined and he is reluctant to go on loan. When I loan list him his status goes to "feels he is too good to go on loan" Currently fielding offers for his loan for the second half of the season where hopefully he will get some regular 1st team play and then will reevaluate what I want to do with him.

thats very impatient :L the kids only like 19 and strikers dont peak til their mid/late 20s so give the boy a chance.
I had him on loan frmo united when he was 22 and he was great, and was improving steadily. he does become very, very good.