Connor Wickham and other English youths

In my tottenham/england game which lasted 6 seasons i went from making it all the way to the WC final in 2014 to going out at the group stage at EC 2016 because the last of the old guard retired and bar Rodwell, Jones and Whilshere no english youngers develop into gerrards or lampards :S Dont buy Wickham hes not good enough for PL. Basicly don't buy young english players unless your a mid-table club :S

Jack Butland looks like he could be as good as alex smithie in this FM

I'll second the Tom Cairney comment, about him being immense.

Signed him for Tottenham, had higher season ratings than Palacios, Kranjcar, Jenas and O'Hara.

Only 1.8m too.

And...i've never had him moan once???!!

Phil Jones has been a revelation for me, probably my pick for the top cheap English Wonderkid behind the likes of expensive players such as Rodwell, Wilshere, Walcott etc.

He's a solid striker. Bit lacking in stamina to the point where he simply can't play regularly for a team in Europe and tbh is a bit of a supersub, but he knows where the net is, is kinda pacey and very strong.

I mean good try but last time I checked he definitely wasn't English. I would say the best young English goalkeepers are Smithies, Butland, and Jason Steele.
England is famous for its useless goalkeepers. Smithies in the 4th season is a weak substitute goalkeeper with little hope of getting better.

what role do you play wickham. Target man, Complete forward?.

How weird is this, just started a new game and Connor Wickham is not on there!!!!
Dan Wilson and Phil jones are the bomb

I got Connor Wickham on when I took over Chelsea, I doubt his reached his full potential but his been fantastic as a Poacher in my Euro Cup matches, will post a screen shot of him latter.
*he just recovered from a 4 week injure

Last edited:
tom cairney is Scottish...

I bought smithies who will soon be replacing Tim Howard in my Everton save, looking good so far. Has no one mentioned Kyle Walker? Adam Johnson is still pretty young as well.

It's a shame but there just aren't many good English players, until Premier League clubs change their mentalities none will ever get a chance.

Yes, Tom Cairney from Hull is very good. But he has been moaning a few times, not getting along with other players. However, the biggest problem for me is, that he can only play one game per week, and then hes just tired and has sit over the next.

Smithies looks great, havent had him yet though..

Iv Just signed Josh McEachran from Chelsea for Real Madrid, will let you know he progresses.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

I Payed £12.75M for him and am planning to put him straight into first team alongside Xabi Alonso!

I have Conor Wickham, Dale Jennings and Jack Butland. Playing as Birmingham.

Conor Wickham has been here for 3 seasons playing about 50-60 games and has only scored 8 goals!

Dale Jennings has also been here 3 seasons and played less, about 40 games and hasn't done much.

Jack Butland has never played a game for me! Tried him in friendlies and he conceded something like 15 goals in 5 games!

Will stick with them all though and hopefully they'll turn out good.