Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Connor's "Get Them Back In The Football League" Challenge.

Giggles

May 2, 2010
Connor's "Get Them Back In The Football League" Challenge.

The Brief-

You have a choice of 3 clubs- Darlington, Grimsby or Rushen. You must pick one of these clubs who have formerly been in the Football League, and take them back too the nPower League 2 and beyond. You must use your tactical brain, and transfer knowledge to build up a successful squad on a low budget. What could be a difficult task, should be a fun and enjoyable one- Remembering its only just a game!

The main aim really is too get one of the clubs back in the Football League- But you can continue from there if you wish, to extend your save.//

The Rules-

- Use the 11.3 Patch only please. Do not use any downloaded databases, with Summer Transfers or anything like that.

- Please don't use downloaded tactics off the site. Its much more enjoyable making your own, and success feels alot greater when using your own tactics.

- Don't use any known glitches such as the corner glitch.

- Set your past manager expierence too Automatic.

- Don't cheat [IE- Saving games before matches so you can win every match, or becoming manager of the opposition and setting their tactics.] I won't ask for a screenshot of how many times the game has been saved, because I can trust you too remember its just a game.

- And mainly, have fun!

The Scoring System-

Champions- 100 Points.
Promoted- 80 Points.
Lose In The Playoffs- 60 Points.
Top Half Finish- 40 Points.
Mid-Table Finish- 30 Points.
Lower Half Finish- 10 Points.
Relegation- Deduction of 100 Points.

Bonus-

+30 Points on your league position if you finish above Top-Half in your first season. +20 points in your second second and +10 Points in your 3rd season. No bonuses in the 4th season in a division and after.

Note; That scoring system applies too all divisions.

Finance Points- +50 Points for keeping in wage budget and +50 Points for being in profit.

+10 Points for every player in team of the season,
+ 50 Points for manager of the season. [25 points if 2nd, 10 Points if 3rd]
+20 Points for League Top Scorer
+20 Points for every attendance over 5k when in the Conference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Teams-

Darlington-

Promotion: £0 / 16.5k PW.
Winner: £0/ 17.75 PW.

Grimsby-

Title Challenge/ Promotion/ Winner: £0/ 20.5k PW

Rushden-

Top Half Finish- £0/ 10.5k PW
Promotion- £0/ 11.25k PW
Title Challenge- £0/ 11.5k PW
Winner- £0/ 11.75k PW

[Note- I'll add 15 bonus points on everything achieved if playing with Rushen while they are in the BSP]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interested?

Great, just post on this thread you want too play. Keep us updated with how its going and at the end of each season, post screenshots of; The Final League Table, Your Transfers, Finances and any awards you may have won.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

I3east

Oct 25, 2010
I will try this. I will start now but not sure which team.

EDIT: Dont you think a reduction of 100 points is a bit much?

Last edited:

Giggles

May 2, 2010
Thanks Guys.

-100 Points Deduction may seem harsh, however considering you get +100 for going up as champions it kind of evens itself up abit. I suppose a good way to go about it is.. Don't get relegated! ;)

I

iNickStuff

Will start soon, but I am probably going to manage Darlington.

Sid

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks Guys.

-100 Points Deduction may seem harsh, however considering you get +100 for going up as champions it kind of evens itself up abit. I suppose a good way to go about it is.. Don't get relegated! ;)
Maybe for higher leagues, make it -50? cos it's a lot easier to get relegated in higher leagues than BSP