Conquering Britain - Scholes New Chapter In Life

amc67x

Reaction score

I woke up this morning, and for the first time in years i had a long lie in. It was the first day of my retirement and i felt like there was now a big hole in my life, I went out into the back garden with the kid, which i had never been able to do when I was playing, and that played a huge part in my retirement plans, more time with the wife and kids. I'll b able to teach Arron how to play football and cant wait. Hopefully ill be able to get back into football one day but not for another two or three years!

Next Day
I just got an unexpected phonecall, from a man named David Rae, chairman of Queen of the South, He just offered me the managers job at Palmerston Park, too all my blog readers, you are the only ones that know and i ask of you not to tell any of the press as i haven't made my mind yet and cant be bothered answering all of those low lifes questions. I dont even know anything about the club apart from they are in the First Division in Scotland which as far as im aware a very low standard of league but may be a good way to start a managerial career that i want to start sooner rather than later.

30 minutes later

What did you do? there are at least 100 people with cameras outside ma house, i knew i shouldnt have trusted you. I'm going to take the job, I'm on a flight in a few hours time and will start work on Monday. I'll keep you posted every day on how life is in Scotland, and how my new team are doing. Now i'm going too go and tell the press i will be holding a press conference at Palmerston Park tomorrow at 4 o'clock.

Bye for now

(www.scholesblog.co.uk is a website i made up while writing this story)

Looks good mate....Have a look at other peoples lay outs for when you do match reports, etc....but ill give you some pointers at a later date

www.scholesblog.co.uk/job-offer

I've arrived at my new mansion, in Dumfries. Payed £4.6 million for it, looks amazing. Tomorrow I will go and meet my new team, and will be toured around the training facilities which will probably be pretty basic, and then i'll get to meet the players and then there'll be a press conference that'll be broadcasted live on this website and on Sky Sports News at 4 o'clock.

Cya soon guys.

picture of my new home

View attachment 147113

Looks good mate....Have a look at other peoples lay outs for when you do match reports, etc....but ill give you some pointers at a later date

yeah will do mate thanks alot, just going to do it tomorrow cba tonite

Looks good mate. Feel free to have a look at my story, AFC Wimbledon, and take a few ideas if it helps. Like the start of this. Good Luck

thanks mate, is it the rise of the wombles ?

read it its exciting mate, next update in 10 mins if ure up for reading it ?

Blog readers, im about to leave for the press conference, just back from the tour of the training facilities and i must admit i will need to improve them even if its with my own money. But they will do in the meantime, i'm now buzzing and cant wait to start this exciting adventure. It feels like ive lived here for years ive already settled in.

Bye for now, my next blog update shall be what i intend to bring to Palmerston Park

Quite a small stadium hopefully can expand it if we get promoted

View attachment 147120

View attachment 147121

Now we cross over to Palmerston Park in Dumfries, Scotland to see the first press conference of Paul Scholes' managerial career as he takes charge of Queen of the South in his first coaching experience.

SkySports: How did you feel when you recieved that phone call from David Rae, when he asked if you'd take the hot seat here ?

Scholes: I was full of mixed emotions, happy, nervous, but i knew i was always going to take the job, and im glad i did

BBCsport: Are you impressed by the facilities here in Dumfries or would you like to change the and why ?

Scholes: Well ive had the luxury of state of the art facilities as i had been at Manchester United, so im not too impressed so far, i can hopefully improve them even if i have to dip into my own funds to develop them.

K!ckMagazine: How will you approach each game ? what style will you ingrave in the players ?

Scholes: we will play each game with an attacking and attractive approach, i like my full backs to bombard forward at every opportunity, i want my players to pass and move and close down in numbers when the opposition have the ball ?

MOTDmag: You obviously wont know about many players up here in Scotland in the lower leagues, but have you contacted any players or tried to sign any ?

Scholes: Yes, Lionel Messi, Iniesta and Xavi will be arriving tomorrow. Just kidding yes ive been in contact with Celtic over a deal for Ryan Conroy, James Keatings, James Forest and Niall McGinn, plus I've heard great things about Garry Harkins from Dundee.

Scholes: My daughter has a ballet lesson to attend so i must go thanks for the questions

ALL PRESS : CHEERS BIG MAN

View attachment 147121

I'm sure he'll do well there. Tomorrow Fergie will tell us about Scholes as a player and person and see if he has what it takes to be a premier league manager.

thanks mate, is it the rise of the wombles ?

read it its exciting mate, next update in 10 mins if ure up for reading it ?

Yeah thats the one, leave a comment if u can mate. Really like yours, I was Queen of the South in my last save before update came out, really enjoyed it, got Gavin Gunning on loan from Blackburn was immense. Hope you do well in first season.

Thanks

Yeah thats the one, leave a comment if u can mate. Really like yours, I was Queen of the South in my last save before update came out, really enjoyed it, got Gavin Gunning on loan from Blackburn was immense. Hope you do well in first season.

Thanks

unfortunately hes at motherwell

they have a decent squad, bob harris has great stats

unfortunately hes at motherwell

they have a decent squad, bob harris has great stats

Yeah get him on free kicks. They have good youngsters too. I enjoyed it, but stopped as new patch came out. Look forward to see how u get on.

Cheers for the message mate!
I will follow but don't know much about Scottish football...
Great idea and good story.
Some of your attachments didnt come thru - always preview as it can be a bit annoying.
I was thinking of doing a Ronaldo at PSV story as he has now resigned...

Good luck!!

Cheers for the message mate!
I will follow but don't know much about Scottish football...
Great idea and good story.
Some of your attachments didnt come thru - always preview as it can be a bit annoying.
I was thinking of doing a Ronaldo at PSV story as he has now resigned...

Good luck!!

thanks mate, i seen that. ill be sure to preview

thanks send me a link and ill follow thats sounds like a good idea

Presenter : You are watching Sky Sports News In HD channel 405,

Coming up this hour... Sir Alex Ferguson reveals if he believes new manager of Queen of the South and former pupil of his Paul Scholes has what it takes to become a manager in an interview coming up next. Also Arsene Wenger reveals he wants Everton centre back Phil Jagielka to join the gunners......

And now we go live to Old Trafford for Sir Alex's say on Paul Scholes.

ESPNews: How do you feel about one of your best ever players being appointed as a manager so early into his retirment. ?

Fergie: Im over the moon for him, im sure he'll do a fantastic job. Queen of the South is a good starting point for a young man like himself.

BBC: Did you give Paul any advice before he retired, did he tell you he wanted to get into management. ?

Fergie: Yes we had a very long discussion over a pint, He told me he wanted to get into management when he finally hung up his boots and I have told him to give me a phonecall to give him advice when he finally got a job, I wasnt expecting it to be so soon though (all laugh)

DailyRecord: In what ways will you help him and give him advice as he makes his way through his first season as a manager. ?

Fergie: I was on the phone to him last night, and he was asking about the availability of a few of our youngsters and i agreed he could take them so the lads could gain some first team experience. And obviously with me being Scottish I know how certain teams play and if he wants any help tacticly i will provide some help for him.

TheHerald: Would you like too see Scholes replace you when your time comes, IF he has some success up north and maybe leave for a chapionship side possibly ?

Fergie: I'd be honoured if he replaced me, and that wont be for a good few years so he'll have learned a bit more about how managing a team works.

Thats all for now Thank you

Journalists ( Cheers Fergie)

ILL BE THERE FOR HIM

thanks mate, u following ?

transfer n pre season update soon

Yes following...i love scholes....I'll wait for the updates...check out mine meanwhile...if u get time

guys ive made some pretty amazin signings, and please believe that the good signings where from either speculation or agent offers, update son after training

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Yes following...i love scholes....I'll wait for the updates...check out mine meanwhile...if u get time

whats ure story called mate

Keep it up gr8 start and have a look at mine if you have chance (My sig :) )