TheLuckDuck

Reaction score
Restoring Past Glories-Liverpool FC

Out With The New, In With The Old?

The Liverpool board have announced a stunning change to the club, to enhance the memories and traditions and to edge closer to the club’s roots. Liverpool owner John W Henry has made a ground-breaking change to the backroom staff, sacking Rodolfo Borell and other coaches, as well as Northern Irish manager, Brendan Rodgers. To bridge this gap in the spine of the iconic side, Henry announced the NEW backroom team in a press conference earlier today in The Kop end.

Henry-“I am delighted to announce that here, at Liverpool Football Club in the awe-inspiring Kop, we have connected with the clubs roots by signing an all new backroom team!”

The List
Phil Thompson-Assistant Manager
Steve Heighway-Head of Youth Development
Ronnie Moran-Coach
Kenny Dalglish-Coach
Kevin Keegan-Coach
Ian Rush-Director of Fo
otball

Henry-“We also have a new manager for the forthcoming season, please give a big hand for JOHN ALDRIDGE!”

*Applause*

Journalist-“So John, how does it feel to be back at Anfield?”

JA-“It feels great, I feel like I’m back home.”

Journalist-“Will you be hoping to connect with fans and veteran players like Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard?”

JA-“Well, I had a chat with Jamie on the way in and I’ve convinced him to stay on for a few years”

Journalist-“That’s great news for your start as manager, how will you be dealing with hot-heads like Luis Suarez?”

JA-“I honestly don’t have a clue”

Journalist-“And finally what will your main target be next season?”

JA-“European football, either through the league or one of the cups”

Last edited:
THE HEIGHWAY TO SUCCESS?
View attachment 367382View attachment 367381
By Jeff Stelling
Liverpool
have pulled off a major coup this week with the signings of their backroom staff. Not only are they receiving good press for connecting with their working-class Scouse roots, but because they have signed a brilliant Head of Youth Development.

Steve Heighway was not only a very successful winger for the Reds, but also a very successful youth coach as well. Steve was a major part of the Liverpool machine in the nineties and early naughties due to the players he was producing from local areas such as Bootle and Sefton, he produced many stars for the side, two of whom have stuck with The Reds like super glue. He signed Jamie Carragher when the centre-half was a young striker and then re-signed him off of young Jamie's true footballing love (at the time), Everton and after that the rest is history.

He also snapped up Steven Gerrard when Stevie G was only a seven-year-old, and kept him from the clutches of HUGE rivals Manchester United when Gerrard was fourteen, and again the rest is history. Heighway also discovered Owen, Dominic Matteo and Jay Spearing. His prowess was highlighted by the fact that Steve signed Belgian wonderkid Zakaria Bakkali from PSV Eindhoven for a measly £600,000, under Heighway Liverpool's future could be like the good old days.

View attachment 367383View attachment 367384View attachment 367385

View attachment 367387
Odds Show Scouse Decline
View attachment 367388
The Premiership title odds were released by SkyBet this week and Liverpool have been put down at 25-1 to win the league for the first time since 1990.

Liverpool have shown signs they would love to change that and have gone back to the roots that served them so well in the past, ex-players becoming coaches. I'm confident this will turn into promoting from within. However, I am unsure whether this is a step in the right direction for Liverpool as has been shown by the transfers in the last couple of weeks. The Reds have signed but one player and that's a 16-year-old from Belgium who won't be the full product for 3 or more years yet, and the fact they have let two key players go may also show managerial naivety on John Aldridge's part, the signing of Bakkali and the fact co-chairmen Thomas Werner and Ian Rush have sanctioned the building/re-development of the Academy shows that tthey are aiming for the future.

Yes the sales of Martin Skrtel and Glen Johnson have raised funds for the Reds but surely you don't want to sell your best players to fund signings? Are these blessings in disguise or managerial suicide, I can't wait to find out.

TRANSFERS SO FAR
In
Zakaria Bakkali-£600,000 from PSV

Out
Glen Johnson-Chelsea-£10m
Martin Skrtel-Juventus-£11m​

View attachment 367394
View attachment 367395View attachment 367396View attachment 367397View attachment 367398View attachment 367399View attachment 367400
SEASON PREVIEW WITH CALLAGHAN, CHARLTON, SUMMERBEE, SHERINGHAM, ZOLA AND ADAMS

Interviewer-"So, guys, who do you thing is going to win the Premiership this coming season?"

Zola-"I believe that Chelsea will win the league easily this year, they are under a brilliant manager (Rafa Benitez) and with the players they have they should win easily.

Summerbee-"No way, Gianfranco, City are the much stronger side have mometum coming from last years last gap winner and have the upper hand."

Charlton-"It has to be United, they've shone through pre-season and will surely mount a strong title challenge this season."

Callaghan-"It pains me to say this, however I do believe it will be City's year again, they have the money, the squad and strengthened well with Hatem Ben Arfa (signed for £14m), Marouane Fellaini (signed for £25m) and Kaka (signed for £9m)."

Adams-"I agree with Ian they're squad is just too good."

Interviewer-"What do you think about Liverpool's latest signings? They've certainly splashed the cash"

Adams-"I think that these two signing will feature hugely in Liverpools chase for that elusive title Stephane El Sharaawy (signed for £25m) and Ryan Shawcross (signed for £17.5m) are very good players and will bolster their hopes."

Summerbee-"I agree 100% with Tony, John has also done a good job clearing out the deadwood, such as selling Stewart Downing to Tottenham for £5m"

Charlton-"No way are they good signings, El Sharaawy is over-priced foreign rubbish and Shawcross should be playing League 2"

Sheringham-"From what I've seen of Stephane he is a very good player and a real coup for Liverpool, I think they will be up there this season."

Zola-"I'm siding with Bobby they have paid too much."

Interviewer-"And finally, who's going down?"

Adams-"Swansea, QPR and Wigan"
Sheringham-"Wigan, Fulham and West Ham"
Charlton-"Fulham, Sunderland and Swansea"
Summerbee-"Fulham, Wigan and Sunderland"
Zola-"Norwich, Wigan and West Brom"
Callaghan-"Fulham, Sunderland and Norwich"

Big Liverpool fan so hope you can get them back to the top, i would be worried though if my head of youth spotted Jay Spearing!

Big Liverpool fan so hope you can get them back to the top, i would be worried though if my head of youth spotted Jay Spearing!
Thanks for commenting
Yeah I think that's why he was sacked in real life

Jay Spearing isn't too bad, we'll probably end up getting about £3m for him...

Bit of a strange decision to have Aldo as Manager while you have Dalglish and Keegan as coaches....

View attachment 367420
ALDRIDGE-CONTROVERSIAL?
Today John Aldridge made the highly controversial decision to sell star striker Luis Suarez to Manchester City for £25m. The 25-year-old had a highly controversial tenure at Anfield after joining from Ajax for £20m, the Uruguayan did score goals for the Reds however he often found himself at the centre of media attention. It is believed that this is a good deal for Liverpool and this will fund the signings of Stephane El Shaaraway and Ryan Shawcross.

OTHER LIVERPOOL NEWS
Work on new Youth Academy to begin (Will become Top Youth facility)
Work on Melwood to begin (Will become state-of-the-art facility)
Board begin search fro foreign feeder club
Board agree to increase capacity of Anfield to 50,000

Bit of a strange decision to have Aldo as Manager while you have Dalglish and Keegan as coaches....
I just thought it would be a bit different to not have the obvious choice, plus Dalglish only just got sacked by Liverpool and Keegan was just a bit too cliche

AUGUST
View attachment 367492
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.' -Bill Shankly

ALDRIDGE STRUGGLING?
Big money signings towards the end
Poor start to managerial career
Defence needs sorting

Europa League
Liverpool 2-1 Mlada Boleslav
Gerrard, Coutinho

Mlada Boleslav 1-3 Liverpool
Sturridge, Borini, Coutinho

----------------------------
Ryan Shawcross signs for £17m
Stephane El Sharaaway signs for £25m

Premier League
Liverpool 1-3 Sunderland
Sturridge
"Disgusting, James McLean grabbed a first-half hat-trick and we didn't reply"

Europa League
Slask 0-2 Liverpool
Coutinho, Carrageher

Premier League
Swansea 2-0 Liverpool
0-0 half-time, then boom! We concede two dodgy penalties

Europa League
Liverpool 3-1 Slask
Coutinho, Sturridge (2)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
COUTINHO
View attachment 367498
Some very good performances this month

OVERALL-A poor start in the league leaving us in 16th place, we must strive to get better"

View attachment 367500
REDS BREAK BANK!
It's been a hectic deadline day and Liverpool FC have been at the heart of it.

The day started with speculation on Liverpool's deadline day participation and many believed Aldridge needed a defender and a midfielder to accompany Lucas, Gerrard and Coutinho in Liverpool's five-man midfield. Well manager John Aldridge answered these calls.

Firstly he signed Brazilian defender Dede for £20,000,000 over 4 years and then purchased Gunners midfield maestro Aaron Ramsey fo £14,000,000. It is believed that the signings have gone down well on Merseyside, especially the arrival of Wales captain Ramsey, whom has been nicknamed "Rambo".

Jack Roberts (supporter)-"I think it's great that we can get a top quality player and nick him off one of our main rivals"

SEPTEMBER
View attachment 367540
'In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.' -Bill Shankly

BETTER MONTH
Slight improvement
Won our first game
Get Europa League group

Europa League Group
Spartak Moscow
Levante
Linfield

Premier League
Manchester City 3-0 Liverpool

"Oh dear Christ"

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool
El Shaaraway, Medel OG

"Great result"

Liverpool 0-0
QPR

"Good draw lads"

Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool
Henderson (2)

"Crawling up the table"
Europa League

Spartak Moscow 1-0 Liverpool

"We visited Moscow and lost"

League Cup
3rd Round
Peterborough 0-2 Liverpool
Coutinho, Carragher

A better month for the Anfield boys

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAMIE CARRAGHER
View attachment 367545
The veteran did well this month

Last edited:
OCTOBER
View attachment 367664
"Playing for Liverpool isn't a game, it's a privilege"
Getting much better
Rise to 9th place
Scoring goals

Premier League
Norwich City 0-0 Liverpool

At least we didn't lose

Southampton 2-3 Liverpool
Coutinho, Rocchi (2)

"Lovely win lads"

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City
El Shaawary

"Climbing up the table"

Europa League
Levante 0-1 Liverpool
Coutinho

"Good away win"

Liverpool 4-1 Linfield
Morgan (3), Shawcross

"A nice win to put us second"

LEAGUE CUP
Bolton 1-0 Liverpool
"Bollocks"

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TOMMASO ROCCHI
View attachment 367667
Signed from Inter for £140,000 and has made some good performances, especially grabbing two against The Saints, got goal of the month too

Month Review
Starting to gel as a side now and putting in some good performances. Everton next month so could be tricky

LIVERPOOL VERSUS EVERTON
ANFI
ELD
MERSEYSI
DE DERBY
AND IT'S LIVE
View attachment 367688
WILL THE KOP PREVAIL, OR THE EVERTONIANS?
View attachment 367689View attachment 367690

Hello, I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to Anfield for this seasons first Premier League Merseyside Derby, joining me are Neville Southall and Graeme Sounness, these are the teams.

LIVERPOOL
25. REINA

23. CARRAGHER 2. DEDE 4. SHAWCROSS

21. LUCAS

14. HENDERSON 24. ALLEN

10. COUTINHO----------- 8. GERRARD -------17. EL SHAARAWY

15. STURRIDGE

EVERTON

24. HOWARD

3. BAINES 5. HEITINGA 6. JAGIELKA 18. NEVILLE

8. OVIEDO 30. LIVERMORE 4. GIBSON 21. OSMAN

14. NAISMITH

7. JELAVIC

KICK OFF
27th minute-GOAL!!!El Shaarawy with the corner, Ryan Shawcross jumps at the near post and directs his header into the net!

43rd minute-Baines whips it in! LIVERMORE!!!!!!!!!!!So close
HALF-TIME

95th minute-Leighton Baines with the corner, ROSS BARKLEY WITH THE HEADER!!!!!!!!!!!! BOUNCES DOWN, CLEARED BY CARRAGHER!

LIVERPOOL 1
Shawcross (27)

EVERTON 0

Liverpool win Merseyside Derby
View attachment 367727

Last edited:
NOVEMBER
View attachment 367789
Good month
Sustaining our position
In European action

Premier League
Liverpool 1-1 Reading
Enrique

Scraped a point against Reading, but it's still adding to our tally

Liverpool 1-0 Everton
Shawcross

**** yeah, beating Everton proves there are but 2 teams in Liverpool, Liverpool FC and Liverpool Reserves

Manchester United 2-0 Liverpool

Reality check, it was at Old Trafford, mind

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal
El Shaarawy

Get in there!A good point against the Gunners

Europa League
Linfield 0-5 Liverpool
Sturridge (2), Gerrard (2), El Shaawary

"Good win in Northern Ireland"

Liverpool 3-3 Spartak Moscow
Sturridge, Carragher, Henderson

"A good draw puts us in a good position"

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RYAN SHAWCROSS

View attachment 367792
Scored against Everton, 'nuff said

DECEMBER
View attachment 367794
A few good performances
Sitting in seventh at the end of the month

PREMIER LEAGUE
WEST BROM 1-2 LIVERPOOL
Carragher, Rocchi

A good away win in the Midlands

Wigan Athetic 2-0 Liverpool

Shameful. They were 6th mind

Newcastle 1-0 Liverpool

Is this going to become a trend?

Liverpool 1-0 Fulham
Rocchi

Back on track!

West Ham 1-4 Liverpool
Gerrard (2), Sturridge (2)

Well, went to London and battered them!

Sunderland 3-3 Liverpool
Rocchi, Borini (2)

Not bad judging we were 2 goals down

EUROPA LEAGUE
Liverpool 4-0 Levante
Shawcross, Gerrard (2), Borini

Through to the next round, where we'll play Partizan

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEVEN GERRARD

View attachment 367801
The home-grown hero did well this month

HALF-SEASON REVIEW
Not bad so far, sitting in the European spots after a poor start we've climbed from bottom to seventh.

Quick heads up, there will be no updates between Monday-Thursday as I'm away on a school trip to Pembrokeshire