Ma-Li

Reaction score
Has anyone found an effective set up for either corners or indirect free kicks?

I currently use a right footed player taking a right sided free kick, aiming at far post and this generally yields approx 10 goals over the season, but other teams seem to manage a lot more.

As for corners, I aim my inswinging corners to the 6 yard box with both centre backs attacking near and far post, again yielding apprx 15 goals over the season but again still way behind the totals of other teams?

So you only have two players in the opposition box for corners? And was Vidic @ near post or challenging the keeper?

So you only have two players in the opposition box for corners? And was Vidic @ near post or challenging the keeper?

Yeah. Vidic attack near post while Jones challenging the keeper. Hope it helps you.

How do you set 5 players Lurk outside area..?

I always use a lot of players lurk in FM2011, and it is the best way to score lots of goals. But now i can only set 1 player (swap with if i try 2 or more)..

I always use a lot of players lurk in FM2011, and it is the best way to score lots of goals. But now i can only set 1 player (swap with if i try 2 or more)..
Yes, i have with the same problem, I cannot set 2 players in the same postision. Help me...

Yes, i have with the same problem, I cannot set 2 players in the same postision. Help me...

I just set it. It say it will swap but ignore that. Just put the players you want to set lurk outside area.

Don't use the tactic creator - just go to tactics, select set pieces, then chose the drop down list for attack corners, you can set them all from in there...

And has no-one manged to create a successful IDFK set up yet?

I got quite a number from corners:

-one to attack near post
-one to attack far post
-one to challenge keeper
-one to attack ball from deep
-one to go forward
-one to lurk outside area

I set the corner to 'Mixed' if there is good corner taker. If no, I set it to short, with one to offer short option.

But nobody seems to have great results with any free kick set-up.

This is weird cus I can do it on one of my saves but not the other...Any ideas why?

i think they patched it mate in the 12.0.4 onwards, it seems you cant have more than 1 lurk and headers arnt as accurate that was what they said in the patch details :(

i think they patched it mate in the 12.0.4 onwards, it seems you cant have more than 1 lurk and headers arnt as accurate that was what they said in the patch details :(

Thx mate, really answer my question why I can't find the drop down on the set pieces page

My Michel Laurent - attack near post
View attachment 214297

year - apps - goals
2020 38 18
2021 35 17
2022 35 20
2023 1 2 :D - Later edit : 2023-2-6 :))

Last edited:
You can still set many players to "GO FORWARD" and it seems to be the same as having them set to "LURK OUTSIDE AREA".

you can set the players who you have on lurk outside area to Default, so for instance you play with 3 Midfielders in the middle
on the Default setting they will take up their normal position in midfield outside of the box, the wingers will be closer to the corner taker bu on edge of box and so on