Tsakis

Reaction score
Hi there! I am about to start a PL net game with my friends. I will be arsenal and I have a major problem. I am a huge fan of Chambo. I was really thrilled with this player even before we secure his signature and I believed in him even when other AFC fans were critical against wenger for giving all that money for a 17y old.. The problem is that SI was lazy in scouting him giving his stats that make his as good winger as a reserve full back in greek superleague! (despite his great 2 seasons with the saints and u20s)

( you can see my opinion on this subject at this page http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...alex-chamberlain-underated-2.html#post1432477 )

Since it is a web game with 4 players it is expected to last 1 or maximum 2 seasons. Given that with this stats it is imposible to play him even on cup games for at least one season and after some moaning ( :) ) I got them to change his stats via FMARTE to make him more relistic...

BUT because he is my favorite player and he started to play in a great level now I will be biased and thus I might overate him I would like your opinion about the set I will create.

Hi there! I am about to start a PL net game with my friends. I will be arsenal and I have a major problem. I am a huge fan of Chambo. I was really thrilled with this player even before we secure his signature and I believed in him even when other AFC fans were critical against wenger for giving all that money for a 17y old.. The problem is that SI was lazy in scouting him giving his stats that make his as good winger as a reserve full back in greek superleague! (despite his great 2 seasons with the saints and u20s)

( you can see my opinion on this subject at this page http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...alex-chamberlain-underated-2.html#post1432477 )

Since it is a web game with 4 players it is expected to last 1 or maximum 2 seasons. Given that with this stats it is imposible to play him even on cup games for at least one season and after some moaning ( :) ) I got them to change his stats via FMARTE to make him more relistic...

BUT because he is my favorite player and he started to play in a great level now I will be biased and thus I might overate him I would like your opinion about the set I will create.

They were not lazy. The rating were done in september. he had not done a thing at that point.

They were not lazy. The rating were done in september. he had not done a thing at that point.

They were lazy. Phil jones and this lad were the hottests prospects last year... All the top clubs were interested for a reason thus the price tag was that high.. 12+3 mil for a 17y old is a lot if he had done nothing... You can check my opinion in the link on the OP

They were lazy. Phil jones and this lad were the hottests prospects last year... All the top clubs were interested for a reason thus the price tag was that high.. 12+3 mil for a 17y old is a lot if he had done nothing... You can check my opinion in the link on the OP

Sigh you clearly have no idead how the research works then. You dont rate their current abilities becuase they are "prospects"

Chamberlain is already a -9 by the way.

One flaw in your argument, phil jones was to a degree already proven in the prem with blackburn. But I agree chambo's current ability should clearly be better, looks like walcott with a football brain.

Sigh you clearly have no idead how the research works then. You dont rate their current abilities becuase they are "prospects"

Chamberlain is already a -9 by the way.

That wouldn't be a mod showing a pa without a spoiler would it :p

One flaw in your argument, phil jones was to a degree already proven in the prem with blackburn. But I agree chambo's current ability should clearly be better, looks like walcott with a football brain.

Now we can say that, but we couldnt have said that in september, when the data is locked.

Well I guess you can just clink on the link in op to see my full opinion about this.. There are some stats that has nothing to do with how competitive a league is like agility that oxlade is really underrated.. Anyway Si rated him completely diferent in the mobile fm version so I am guessing that they realized their mistake..

Anyway this thread is not about criticize or defend Si..
Is about creating a realistic set for him best on his past and the current season's displays..

Are there any thoughts or it would be Easier to post one set and discuss over this?

Well I guess you can just clink on the link in op to see my full opinion about this.. There are some stats that has nothing to do with how competitive a league is like agility that oxlade is really underrated.. Anyway Si rated him completely diferent in the mobile fm version so I am guessing that they realized their mistake..

Anyway this thread is not about criticize or defend Si..
Is about creating a realistic set for him best on his past and the current season's displays..

Are there any thoughts or it would be Easier to post one set and discuss over this?

The stats do have to do with the league. Again you dont know how research is done.

FM mobile came out in december, so they had 3 months to watch him.

Main game data was done in september.

fair enough.. my bad... Anyway as I statted this in not the issue here..

As I said I need advice to incorporate his ability as we know it now that we have seen him play in PL...

I will start with my suggestions just to discuss him.. I might overrate him because I really enjoy watching him play, or even underrate him because of my fear to not overrate him...

As a sidenote I will reffer to FM mobile values a lot since Mike statted that SI 3 more months to scout him and judging from his progress from this time I usually raise 1 point. Also I rate him compared to other players of AFC beause I never miss a game of this team and thus I know their players better. This is what I believe in comparison with the others:

1) He is the second best (if not the best) player in AFC now in dealing with his marker (I have to give Gervinho the first spot, he played more games. Although I believe the directness, ability to change direction/speed and dribbling is the quality that unlocked AFC offence)
2) He showed he has the second best first touch in AFC now (first of cource RVP).
3) He seemed the second most dangerous player of AFC outside the box (Personally I think he is just unlucky but Arteta has more Long shots in so he must be our No1)
4) He seemed the 2nd quicker AFC player in both pace and bursts of speed (walcott must take this)

So here we go:

Corners 7
Crossing 13 (original value, can get 1p higher but..)
Dribbling 15 (mobile got him on 14, I would also If it wasnt to much to change his agility to 17-18)
Finishing 12 (1 less than mobile in a effort to not overrate him)
First Touch 15 (sublime first touch in most occasions.. look for examples against ManU before his assist and the slight streched touch at his first goal yesterday could be higher)
Free Kick 7
Heading 7
Long Shots 12(I honestly believe that this sould go drastically up especially if you see his first goal with AFC the shot panteleimon saved vs city and his long shot training while u20s and many more, but...)
Long Throws 5
Marking 4
Passing 12 (mobile value, I wont go astray about his passing, he seems like he is better in hard passes than beeing just consistent in short ones thus the high creativity)
Penalty 8
Tackling 7 (some good tackles)
Technique 15

Aggression 11 (he seems bossy)
Anticipation 13 (along with creativity, decisions and flair represents vision and what we call football brain)
Bravery 11
Composure 13 (decently cold blooded in any oportunity he had to score. Check him vs olympiakos and vs Blackburn)

Concentration 10 (at his first apps he seemed a bit distracted defencively sometimes)
Creativity 14 (He got the vision!)
Decisions 13 (same as above, mobile value)
Determination 14 (He broke into the first team rather quick, didnt he?)
Flair 16 (I heard it represents the unpredictability factor so he must have it high, right? Also I heard that it is not a att that changes easily)
Influence 3
Off The Ball 14 (mobile value, some great runs he does)
Positioning 8 (mobile value, although to be fair, along with consentration wasnt displayed in his first apps.. maybe a 7 can suffice)
Teamwork 12 (not at all selfish but I can go with 11 that it is the mobile value)
Work Rate 14 (I might overrate him here because he wanted to break in the first 11 but he seems like a workhorse)

Acceleration 18 (blistering pace and change of speed... I cant go lower than 17)
Agility 15 (If I was to create his stats from scratch I would make that his best stat along with pace. This kids directness and ability to change speed and direction is his signature asset.. If I didnt feel a 6-7 point raise is too much I will suggested 17-18 and a dribbling drop to 14)
Balance 15 (To emulate him without raising his streangth much he must have a really good balance, look what he did to zabaleta!)
Jumping 8
N.Fitness 15
Pace 18 (again his pace is blistering.. if someone want to lower his speed then touch Acc, pace imo must go to 18)
Stamina 13
Strength 12 (again look how he wont let defenders to cut his pace while throwing the ball forward.. )

Also about PPMs I guess we sould at least consider giving him shoots from distance and knocks ball past opponent.

fair enough.. my bad... Anyway as I statted this in not the issue here..

As I said I need advice to incorporate his ability as we know it now that we have seen him play in PL...

I will start with my suggestions just to discuss him.. I might overrate him because I really enjoy watching him play, or even underrate him because of my fear to not overrate him...

As a sidenote I will reffer to FM mobile values a lot since Mike statted that SI 3 more months to scout him and judging from his progress from this time I usually raise 1 point. Also I rate him compared to other players of AFC beause I never miss a game of this team and thus I know their players better. This is what I believe in comparison with the others:

1) He is the second best (if not the best) player in AFC now in dealing with his marker (I have to give Gervinho the first spot, he played more games. Although I believe the directness, ability to change direction/speed and dribbling is the quality that unlocked AFC offence)
2) He showed he has the second best first touch in AFC now (first of cource RVP).
3) He seemed the second most dangerous player of AFC outside the box (Personally I think he is just unlucky but Arteta has more Long shots in so he must be our No1)
4) He seemed the 2nd quicker AFC player in both pace and bursts of speed (walcott must take this)

So here we go:

Corners 7
Crossing 13 (original value, can get 1p higher but..)
Dribbling 15 (mobile got him on 14, I would also If it wasnt to much to change his agility to 17-18)
Finishing 12 (1 less than mobile in a effort to not overrate him)
First Touch 15 (sublime first touch in most occasions.. look for examples against ManU before his assist and the slight streched touch at his first goal yesterday could be higher)
Free Kick 7
Heading 7
Long Shots 12(I honestly believe that this sould go drastically up especially if you see his first goal with AFC the shot panteleimon saved vs city and his long shot training while u20s and many more, but...)
Long Throws 5
Marking 4
Passing 12 (mobile value, I wont go astray about his passing, he seems like he is better in hard passes than beeing just consistent in short ones thus the high creativity)
Penalty 8
Technique 15

Anticipation 13 (along with creativity, decisions and flair represents vision and what we call football brain)
Bravery 11
Composure 13 (decently cold blooded in any oportunity he had to score. Check him vs olympiakos and vs Blackburn)

Concentration 10 (at his first apps he seemed a bit distracted defencively sometimes)
Creativity 14 (He got the vision!)
Decisions 13 (same as above, mobile value)
Determination 14 (He broke into the first team rather quick, didnt he?)
Flair 16 (I heard it represents the unpredictability factor so he must have it high, right? Also I heard that it is not a att that changes easily)
Influence 3
Off The Ball 14 (mobile value, some great runs he does)
Positioning 8 (mobile value, although to be fair, along with consentration wasnt displayed in his first apps.. maybe a 7 can suffice)
Teamwork 12 (not at all selfish but I can go with 11 that it is the mobile value)
Work Rate 14 (I might overrate him here because he wanted to break in the first 11 but he seems like a workhorse)

Acceleration 18 (blistering pace and change of speed... I cant go lower than 17)
Agility 15 (If I was to create his stats from scratch I would make that his best stat along with pace. This kids directness and ability to change speed and direction is his signature asset.. If I didnt feel a 6-7 point raise is too much I will suggested 17-18 and a dribbling drop to 14)
Balance 15 (To emulate him without raising his streangth much he must have a really good balance, look what he did to zabaleta!)
Jumping 8
N.Fitness 15
Pace 18 (again his pace is blistering.. if someone want to lower his speed then touch Acc, pace imo must go to 18)
Stamina 13
Strength 12 (again look how he wont let defenders to cut his pace while throwing the ball forward.. )

Also about PPMs I guess we sould at least consider giving him shoots from distance and knocks ball past opponent.

too high, can assure the Arsenal researcher will not go that high. Remember he has only played 9 games, and he is still learning

My thoughts in bold

Corners 7
Crossing 13 (original value, can get 1p higher but..) 14
Dribbling 15 (mobile got him on 14, I would also If it wasnt to much to change his agility to 17-18) still 14
Finishing 12 (1 less than mobile in a effort to not overrate him) 12
First Touch 15 (sublime first touch in most occasions.. look for examples against ManU before his assist and the slight streched touch at his first goal yesterday could be higher) too high, 13 at best
Free Kick 7
Heading 7
Long Shots 12(I honestly believe that this sould go drastically up especially if you see his first goal with AFC the shot panteleimon saved vs city and his long shot training while u20s and many more, but...) again too high 10
Long Throws 5
Marking 4
Passing 12 (mobile value, I wont go astray about his passing, he seems like he is better in hard passes than beeing just consistent in short ones thus the high creativity) he is a good passer 12
Penalty 8
Technique 15, tough one but probably 14

Anticipation 13 (along with creativity, decisions and flair represents vision and what we call football brain) 12
Bravery 11
Composure 13 (decently cold blooded in any oportunity he had to score. Check him vs olympiakos and vs Blackburn) 12

Concentration 10 (at his first apps he seemed a bit distracted defencively sometimes) agreed
Creativity 14 (He got the vision!) 12
Decisions 13 (same as above, mobile value) 13
Determination 14 (He broke into the first team rather quick, didnt he?) also agreed
Flair 16 (I heard it represents the unpredictability factor so he must have it high, right? Also I heard that it is not a att that changes easily) too high 14
Influence 3
Off The Ball 14 (mobile value, some great runs he does) agreed
Teamwork 12 (not at all selfish but I can go with 11 that it is the mobile value) 11

Acceleration 18 (blistering pace and change of speed... I cant go lower than 17) 17
Agility 15 (If I was to create his stats from scratch I would make that his best stat along with pace. This kids directness and ability to change speed and direction is his signature asset.. If I didnt feel a 6-7 point raise is too much I will suggested 17-18 and a dribbling drop to 14) again this too high, 13-14
Balance 15 (To emulate him without raising his streangth much he must have a really good balance, look what he did to zabaleta!) also too high, 13
Jumping 8
N.Fitness 15 12
Pace 18 (again his pace is blistering.. if someone want to lower his speed then touch Acc, pace imo must go to 18) 16
Stamina 13
Strength 12 (again look how he wont let defenders to cut his pace while throwing the ball forward.. ) 11

Runs with ball often, Knocks ball pass opponent

Remember he isnt the finished article, so dont rate him so high. give him room to develop

i would give him 168 PA

At last! we get this running! Thanks Mike!
Looks like I did overrate him a bit.. :)

Anyway, I have some values I want to discuss:

first touch: 13 is ok i guess but it is like he appears to have so much better first touch than walcott and gervinho... dont get me wrong but honestly I saw too many great through balls and some long balls that those two cant control yet he seems to always finds a way to do so... Anyway on a second though putting him between those two seems fair because gervais is a more enstablished player..
I

long shots 10 is bit low since none of his long shots gone astray, at least this season.. I will maybe do a compilation of all his tryed shots this year to make my point if I find time..

Technique I honestly forget writing something about this value 15 is the mobile value! This means that this is what SI thought of him before this impresive PL run(mobile does not have first touch so it might say something about it too)

creativity I can see that equal to his passing... 13 is better suited in my opinion he seems to have some great ideas that cannot fulfil most of the times because he gets wrong the strength of the pass not the accuracy.

flair: Is it true that this stat is not raised with training? if yes then it is a bit harsh...

agility: This is my biggest arguement.. I believe that this guy can twist and turn with so much grace, speed and unpredictability that it is a nightmare to mark.. Often 1 or 2 more players come to aid his marker and that is because his ability to get past his man.

pace: I find this valuation a bit odd not for the number but for the acceleration/pace ratio... Most people believe that chambo has a walcott type running, really good acceleration but because his pace is really good he does not reach top speed at once, thus better pace than acceleration.. I always believed that he had equal pace and acceleration... Anyway judging from what I saw from the opinions in http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...derkids/92243-alex-chamberlain-underated.html a 17,17 value is the most popular..

natural fitness: Is there any reason why you put this lower than the SI evaluation when he played in a less competitive league? He Played great agaist manU although he was ill during the week(if we believe that this wasnt a Wenger's way to ease the funs for subbing him) and he had a late fitness test with knee problem before his superb display against blackburn.

Nice Start though, I really want to see what others think..

Also what did you mean about PA 168? You mean a fixed PA in such a young player? He is already
and maybe he should become
-10 taking ramsey's place if SI find that 2 -10 players cannot be at the same team.

No.

I am an arsenal fan but you are going overboard a wee bit

For me it seems more talented than ramsey at his first premier league steps and as I recall ramsey has this potential for years...

By seeing chamberlain play I see the more complete youngster display I ever seen..
Many young players have strenghths that make them exel and do things to be temporarly "worshiped" (or for ever if they continue to be that good, see messi, fabergas) but if you look at them with a cool head they need to work on some aspects of their game..

Ox seems so complete that you cant say imagine if this player work on (.......), he will become then next (.......)
He is fast, strong, technical, composed, great to beat his man, with vision, determination and two **** strong feet. For me, judging from what I saw until now and bar any injuries (god protect him, I see this was the problem with ramsey) the limit is the sky for this guy. I just want to see if he will work and keep his head in place to fulfill this potential.

You really have to remember that the scouts have predicted most of the worlds best players. And are very rarely wrong.

IN SI WE TRUST

Micah Richards is still terrible on the game. He played really good last season, and he's been doing even better this season, yet the stats are still **** on everything. When SI made the game they must have taken Capello's advice on Richards. I also agree that Chamberlain is **** on the game. He could finish last season and he could cross last season yet they've made him another Theo Walcott on the game.