Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Greetings,

Is it possible to create your own player for FM2011 who can then be bought on a free by any club. I want to create myself and live the dream that never happened.

Cheers
John

Banned
Reaction score
Ofcourse you can. Just use the editor and create whoever you like. :)

Reaction score
Aw live the dream. You can use the editor to do it but I think you can also do some future regen thing in a file? Or you could, it seems kind of old school so you probably just have to use the Editor that comes with your game.

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePE9k3IvVXE[/ame]

Yes you can, using the editor

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep through FMRTE (edit while you in the game) or using the official editor from SI in program files i believe

Reaction score
I've got FMRTE downloaded but I've only used it to compare tactics/selection against mine. I'm still bottom of the npower league 1 though, lol.

How do I create myself? Do I change name of existing player? I want to add myself not replace someone else. Is that possible?

Reaction score
Yes, use the editor that came with the game, however you will have to start a new game for the changes to take effect.

Reaction score
I've got FMRTE downloaded but I've only used it to compare tactics/selection against mine. I'm still bottom of the npower league 1 though, lol.

How do I create myself? Do I change name of existing player? I want to add myself not replace someone else. Is that possible?
One piece of advice: If you change an existing player/ gens name - make sure you hit the magnifying glass. I changed the first name of a gen on an old save, but didnt hit the MG I just typed it over, and it replaced eeeveryone with that name. i.e I changed 'Hiro Nakamura' to 'John Nakamura' just by highlighting and typing. Every instance of 'Hiro' became 'John' it was a ****** nightmare. It was like a British colonisation of Japan.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to create a player using FMRTE? I can't even search for any player now. I do a wildcard search and it returns no one even though I have my game loaded. What's going on?

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Hmm I can search players now. Do I edit an existing player or can I duplicate?

Reaction score
that's a shame coz I'm half way through a season

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

ok, I got it sorted now , thanks

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Hmmm, well I create the player using official editor then start a new game (11.2.1) but when I do player search my new player doesn't show up. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
that's a shame coz I'm half way through a season

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

ok, I got it sorted now , thanks

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Hmmm, well I create the player using official editor then start a new game (11.2.1) but when I do player search my new player doesn't show up. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
If you use FMRTE, your player won't be there if you start a new game. If you use the official editor, your player won't be there until you start a new game.

Reaction score
I've started the game, clicked continue a few times but I still can't find my new player when searching players (with no filter) Very odd, I must be doing something wrong.

P.S. I used official editor.

Reaction score
I've started the game, clicked continue a few times but I still can't find my new player when searching players (with no filter) Very odd, I must be doing something wrong.

P.S. I used official editor.
Did you tick your edited database when you start your new game?

Reaction score
Yes I ticked the editor file. I started a new game again to make sure. Must be something else I'm missing.