Creating A Club Dynasty - A Guide To Starting In The Lower Leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 46K
Does it worth it saving money in the first seasons? I am playing Italian C2 with Perugia and I almost spend my whole pay roll budged to get the best squad possible. Isnt the point to get promotions as fast as possible and for example get to Seria B where I can build a squad for Seria A in 2-3 years?

My local team is Brighton and Hove Albion. What team do you recommend I should be, as Brighton are in the Championship?

Read the guide.

Now to put it to good use.:D

Edit: A couple of quick questions, do any of the teams start with favourites/icons/legends? and is it easier to get to legend status with these teams considering the consecutive promotions that seem easily achievable?

Last edited:
A couple of quick questions, do any of the teams start with favourites/icons/legends? and is it easier to get to legend status with these teams considering the consecutive promotions that seem easily achievable?

I dont think any of them start with any favourites/icons/legends. And im not sure how easy it is. Ive got 3 straight promotions as champions, and won 3-4 cups along the way, but im only a favoured personnel right now

My local team is Brighton and Hove Albion. What team do you recommend I should be, as Brighton are in the Championship?

I have no idea lol. I would say a team in one of the Sussex divisions.

Does it worth it saving money in the first seasons? I am playing Italian C2 with Perugia and I almost spend my whole pay roll budged to get the best squad possible. Isnt the point to get promotions as fast as possible and for example get to Seria B where I can build a squad for Seria A in 2-3 years?

It is slightly different here because there are only 3? promotions to get to Serie A. If you starting out in the lowest leagues, you need to think about the long term future of your club, as it will take at least 10 years to reach the Premiership. If you have a great squad in, say, league 2, but you loosing loads of money, and end up going into administration, you are going to loose all your players, loose points, and end up going backwards.

Is it possible to get amateur teams to turn pro one day? I haven't played as an amateur team before and don't want to end up never having money but I would rather start at the very bottom with amateurs then be a semi-pro side to start.

Is it possible to get amateur teams to turn pro one day? I haven't played as an amateur team before and don't want to end up never having money but I would rather start at the very bottom with amateurs then be a semi-pro side to start.

amateur clubs do turn semi pro then professional as they get bigger and more important in the game. as far as i'm aware tehre is only 1 scottish club (queens park) that is hardcoded as amateur and that's because they said they will never become professional in real life.

I also think there needs to be a breakdown on certain criteria of leagues for lower leagues.

For example in the ELP there is a big difference from just blue south to if you start with a custom database of tier 10. Also the ELP is going to be away different starting out than a league like Iceland or Australia. Some leagues you go for straight promotions cause of the money you get from tv rights and money for finishing places (I know in Iceland finishing first was like 500K and in England you get like that in League 1 or two). Granted I have not played in all of the leagues you can, never tried Asia yet, so this might be a little harder to do, but running a lower league club from say ELP or La Liga is going to be totally different than from like a league like Scotland, Iceland, or Australia.

A lot of the same principals apply, but mostly how to save money, even make money, to what type of players you should get on your team is different. Also do you go for straight promotions, or do you start out in a league in the top division that doesn't have a lot of money and then how do you build a team. I will try to work on some differences for you for different leagues, but don't have the time right now.

I dont think any of them start with any favourites/icons/legends. And im not sure how easy it is. Ive got 3 straight promotions as champions, and won 3-4 cups along the way, but im only a favoured personnel right now

It all depends on the league you are playing at to see how easy it is to get an icon. For coaching if you start out as a Sunday League player or the other lowest one (usually what I do) it takes a awhile for that.

As for players it is easier to get icon status as if they do really well in the league. I am currently Celtic and in the third year I picked up Sanogo as a free and he was an icon before my coach was. Also some leagues that are just really bad, although you can usually build up your team twice as fast as the other teams, you will have players who dominate the league so after like 4-5 years they will already become icon's if they stay healthy.

I've started a new save with Saluzzo, an amateur italian club that plays in the Eccelenza 2 Division (6th tier). No money for nothing, all the players are on amateur contracts (no wage). However, I've signed the best possible players. 20 consecutive wins, bagging around 6 goals every game (my record was 12-0). No editing, true story. I expect it to get a bit more difficult later on ^^. Thanks for the guide, it helped a lot!

Ok, I lost my hook norton save halfway through the 1st season. starting again with Fairford, although i am slightly cheating as they are in a lvl9 league, to reach the prem is still a monumental task, so I'm not too fussed

great op one thing i have neevr liked it llm because it takes to long 26 games is a long time but i can understand how it is rewarding might give it ago with woking i do like a challenge

I am going to start one wit the MET POLICE who are one promotion away from BSN/S should be fun :DDDD

Guys can anyone help !!!! Ive loaded these leagues and am managing a team i used to play for Tytherington Rocks in the Hellenic league. The problem i have is there seems to be a bug with my assistant manager.
Its a bloke called Jason Wood however it seems i cannot get rid of him there is no mutual termination or terminate contract option at all. It also says hes assistant manager for Almondsbury.
Ive tried everything, loading up a new manager as arsenal and trying to sign him as *** man but he has no interest !!!
I tried taking over almondsbury and terminating his contract which worked but he was still contracted to me at tytherington.
i then left it for the season when his contract was up but then it just renewed it automatically for another year without me doing anything !!!! Im at my wits end as he is awful and dont wanna be stuck with him forever !!! Any ideas !!!
The main problem also is when i ask for a player report he always comes back with stuff like isnt good enough for almondsbury squad - yet im managing tytherington so thats no help at all !!!!
HELP HELP HELP

Quality guide!! , currently storming it in the SW peninsula league with St Blazey , Edwin Ellis is quality , Another player to recommend as a good Target Man is Richard Tracey , and another good poacher / winger is Ben Clarke

Is this still going on? It was a good read and was helpful :(

was amazing guide mate just started with my local team maidenhead utd

Lovely guide, mate, you are inspiring me to start a Lower League game. Grr...I need to carry on with my current one! Anyway, I have a question (I'm not sure if anyone can answer this or not); does giving players higher squad status make a difference? Because I often find, if you offer a player 'Key Player' status, they accept lower wages.

Or does it lead them to be unhappy if they don't play, and disrupt the team harmony? Because if it doesn't, I am thinking of offering my whole team the status of 'Key Player', and therefore reducing my wages and increasing my financial situation!

​- PZW

I Know that if you have him as a key player, he will expect to play. If u sign him as a backup or even rotation player, you can play him half the matches and he wont get angry at all

Back