Cricket

how can none of you like cricket, the world sport. i am 1st XI captain at my school and i love it. sure it does go on for a while but footy sometimes clogs up listings doesn't it. and anyway, what else would you watch in summer

I love playing it, but i cannot watch a test match or ODI.
What level do you play at Nick i am District, with County Trials. But the County Guys will only pick you if you play for certain teams.

I hate everything to do with cricket. Watching it is tedious. There are so many games. Playing it is awful. I can't bat. Can't bowl but I can catch. XD

I hate everything to do with cricket. Watching it is tedious. There are so many games. Playing it is awful. I can't bat. Can't bowl but I can catch. XD

You remind me of some of the platers in my team, apart from the catching bit

Ahh another old thread getting brought back. I think i hate the game even more.

I dont mind it as much now. I wouldnt watch it on the tv and still qq when my mates put it on but its ok to watch people you know play it if its sunny...or maybe i just want it to be summer again :(

I think i could fall out with alot of you over this.

I Love Cricket, it is better then football. i get a buzz everytime march approaches and i know i am going to start training, playing and coaching again( some1s a level 2 coach, )

Last edited:
I love playing it, but i cannot watch a test match or ODI.
What level do you play at Nick i am District, with County Trials. But the County Guys will only pick you if you play for certain teams.

i play for Lymington Phoenix U14's but not at county yet

It's everywhere though. Cricket is for people who cant play footie

well kris, gonna ahve to disagree with you there. i was on a YTS at boston united till gazza broke me. i also played county cricket for 3 seasons in my teenage years. im just a club player in both sports now, a good standard and all but i would rather have had the chance to go pro with football instead of ahving to stop due to injury.

but u are right, i hate watching cricket. and sooo many fans jumped on the bandwagon after the ashes, whcih was annoying

i actually cant think of anything better then a sunday afternoon in august, fielding at short cover or shirt mid on, sledging a batsman for 50 overs

im a keeper in both sports and opening bat. love a bit of sledging, if its done right. dickheads who just swear at you all game are not good sledgers imo. you have to be subtle and a bit clever with your comments. make them think about anything other than hitting the ball for 4. a mate of mine fell victim to a classic last season:

*batsmen plays at a wideish delivery and misses*
fielder: ''hey bat, just letting you know theres a bit of **** on yout bat''
bat: ''cheers amte, where is it''
fielder: ''on the end''
*batsmen looks at the toe of the bat, confused* ''i dont see anything''
fielder: ''the other end mate''
*batsmen then studies the handle and grip, still confused* ''cant see it, it must have fallen off''
at which point i had to step in: ''mate, they mean that youre **** because u cant hit a ball''

he went so red, even the umpire was ******* himself at how long it took the batsman to realise the fielders were ripping him. totally distracted and made to look like a fool, he was out 3 balls later. the fielder left him with this parting comment:

''if i was you mate id get that bit of **** looked at, really isnt helping your game''

well kris, gonna ahve to disagree with you there. i was on a YTS at boston united till gazza broke me. i also played county cricket for 3 seasons in my teenage years. im just a club player in both sports now, a good standard and all but i would rather have had the chance to go pro with football instead of ahving to stop due to injury.

but u are right, i hate watching cricket. and sooo many fans jumped on the bandwagon after the ashes, whcih was annoying

Ahh that really wound me up aswell. The same happened when you won the rugby. Where are all the born again fans now?

Ahh that really wound me up aswell. The same happened when you won the rugby. Where are all the born again fans now?

lol, nowhere to be seen. i hate rugby, i did play a bit at school as we had a very small school, 70 kids in each year on average. so thats about 35 boys, if you were good at any sport you were in the team for all of the sports!

Last edited:
I used to play, i have to say.. Facing a 90MPH ball and being able to play a decent shot off it. Is as good as, if not better, than any feeling you can get whilst playing football.

alll i could do with that sort of speed off the bowling machine was prod it away, too scared of a broken leg/serious pain of the *******

Last edited: