Cricket

I love playing cricket, I don't play on a team anymore but I used to do tail end bat (only because I was reliable at getting a quick 30-40 runs in like 20 balls to frustrate the bowlers) and did a bit of spin bowling as well but I haven't played in a few years so

i play for Lymington Phoenix U14's but not at county yet

Speaking form experience my county Gloucestershire, are a bunch of torrers really. All of the people I know that play county are in some way or form stuck up.

I love cricket... but those complaining that just because we won the ashes... well

surly if you wasnt a football fan and loved cricket... then england won the world cup... you would be like yeah i'm a football fan ... any victory in this country you love... **** i was a fan of the british badminton mixed doubles (them two who were good) making it to the final in the athens and then losing got me dissapointed but i still loved it...

**** i still train with my school(i'm 6th form) to improve me at cricket... i even had a trial before... can't remember if it was for district or county maybe the first... but id rather watch it than football because footballers get payed ridiculous money to kick a ball for over 90 minutes as well as to advertise.

Cricket is a great sport. Was looking for a thread on cricket cos the IPL final is soon. Just wondering if anyone had been following this year

Aussie Pride :D, haha i still hate watching it and playing it, just happy Aussies dominate SOMETHING

Cant wait til the cricket is on, got some painting ive been meaning to do, so as there will be nothing to watch on tv, maybe i can watch that dry ;)

Id rather watch Golf, Snooker, Darts........ probably the fact im rubbish at Cricket doesnt help with wanting to watch it

Enjoy watching the game. It's a bit odd how the county game has pretty much nobody watching it but the national game has many fans. I go down sometimes to watch a day or 2 of Notts at Trent Bridge, and i've been to a few test matches at Trent Bridge too.

It is right that the game take so much time to end but now with 20-20 it becomes a 3 hours game and it has become more entertaining than it was 5,6 years ago

I know this is a bump, But better then making a new thread,

what is peoples reactions to the news of pakistanian fixing going on?

A man has been arrested in connection with an alleged cricket betting scam centred on the current Test between Pakistan and England at Lord's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11122388

I was just shocked and saddened.

Pakistan cricket is a joke atm, and I am not suprised that accusations like this have arisen.

i honestly am so sick of it being on the tv 24/7

There's always SOME f*****g game going on somewhere; it never seems to stop, & as sky have got the rights, boy, do they let us know about it ! It's a ****-poor sport in my view, though I admit it does have some followers. It's coverage is WAY out of proportion to it's support - have you seen the vast open spaces at county cricket matches ( the bread & butter of a domestic sport ) ?

Last edited:
I dont know how anybody can say it's gay.I play it and footie i like cricket more.I love watching test matches.And if any body can tell me one good reason why its gay please how is somebody bowling 90 mph at you gay matter of fact ure all gay who says its gay.