Crikey, think my mum'll be better at this than me

Batlord

Reaction score
OK so I've took over Wrexham - favourites to win the BSP (!) and I've won only 1 in 9.
Have tried everything in the book, and tactic suggestions on here, and just can't do a thing.
Got beat 9-0 by Reading in a friendly (9 ****** nil!!!)
Have tried 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-1-2-1-2, only thing I've not tried is putting my keeper up front
Even though i tell my defence to tight man-mark, they seem to be somewhere else on the pitch eating pies.
All good player suggestions are all loaned out already. tried to buy a good player for 11K, but my limit is only 10, and the board won't even lend me a grand!!
I'll be honest, the game is getting frustrating to the point where it may end up on eBay

Any help greatly appreciated:S

its 25 new ,s so i would not eBay no sell back value, stick with it

My Bath team can beat all teams from BSP and I have wage limit of only 4k and 1k transfer. Max out on scouts and get them to search for good players. Grab old capped players, Zlatko Yankov and Jean-Something Misse Misse are really good. My squad is mainly filled with young players though who my scouts found. Get a parent club, and use them to get some good loans. Check the top leagues abroad as well for loans.

Tacticwise you should definitely read TT&F, I'd suggest sticking with one formation and only a few tactics. I only use a close up shop and an offensive tactic. Keep your players morale up is very important as well, but most importantly is to keep the same players playing as they'll get used to playing with each other. I had some erratic results at the beginning of the season, because I basically replaced my whole squad, but are 5-6 games we started a 20 game winning streak. This season we've won the conference cup, in one wins time we'll have won the BSS, we're in the final of the FA trophy which we expect to win and got furthest in FA cup for any team below 1st coca cola league. So your squad may just need to gel.

its 25 new ,s so i would not eBay no sell back value, stick with it

Got mine for 17 new from amazon - would be happy to get a tenner for it.
Tried sticking with it - tried tactics as suggested elesewhere in the forums and its got me nowhere. Beat by mansfield 6-1, just got beat by Southport in FA cup 4-1, one win in 16.

Had enough, it's going up for sale

Well if push comes to shove, restart the game and load all players from reunion. then it wont matter about your tactics as you'll romp it!

download whistlers tactics the 4-3-2-1 it helps i took over brighton half way through the season as they were bottom used that and i saved them from relegation.

Got mine for 17 new from amazon - would be happy to get a tenner for it.
Tried sticking with it - tried tactics as suggested elesewhere in the forums and its got me nowhere. Beat by mansfield 6-1, just got beat by Southport in FA cup 4-1, one win in 16.

Had enough, it's going up for sale
Feel like selling mine aswell, im doing soo bad, haven't won in ages and im getting beaten like 6-0 almost every game/.:mad:

If I bought Tomb Raider and it killed me off halfway through the first level every time I'd get ****** off with it. Esp if I don't think i'm doing owt wrong!!
Used to love LMA for PS2, but just wasn't in-depth enough at the end of the day. But this game is just too in-depth. Lost all my patience with it. Now 20 games without a win - wouldn't mind if my team was ****, but I'm favourite to win every game!! Bet the bookies are having a field day

I won BSS, conference cup and FA shield and was still favourite to lose most games. Personally I wish there was an option to illegally bet on your team, because I'd make millions and could buy better players.

Yeh your results arent the greatest lol

DEFINITELY try Zebedee's tactics set for lower league teams, worked an absolute dream for my Shrewsbury

Have tried using them - team seem to be playing better, only lost one drew 2 in last 3 games. And one of those draws were when I had to serve a touchline ban!!
Am just in December, if I get sacked may start game again using these tactics and let team get used to 'em

got some ace guy from chelsea, and some loan players who look good on paper but just can't score/won't score.
If i start game again will do more indepth search of players available at start of season, most of the good uns have gone

Use your scouts, they are useful for finding lots of good players.

Have actually won last 2 games!! 4-2 and 4-0, nearly fainted
But my best loan striker is injured!! Have to let him go...

Maybe your problem is inconsistency, just start over and pick a team with high capabilties yet low expectations, e.g. Braintree Town in BSS. Stop mashing around different tactics every game, your players aren't exactly the most tactical players and are prob part time!

have now lost just 3 games in last 15 - still 18th in league but playoffs not out of reach

Players are all full-time, got a guy called Fairweather from Liverpool - or is it Utd! - who's scored 5 in 4.

Now start every game with an attacking strategy, then adapt where necessary

UPDATE!!

Now in 3rd season - yeah, I stuck with it, much to the dissatisfaction of the missus - 1st season finished 19th BSP, then finished 4th, won playoffs and FA trophy (nice cash boost!)
L2, had to get in some decent players - got Joyce who turned out to be ****, not too many loans but some half decent frees. Now its Feb and I'm at foot of table - after being unbeaten in first 9 games, how did that happen!! Players just can't score/won't even shoot - dead annoying when they're on a good run and decide to pass back to the defence when 1on1 with keepr, then you give em orders to shoot and they run off crying to the ****** papers!!
Am £2k over wage limit, trying to reduce by selling (even on a free) but nobody wants to know! Have lost at least 4 games this season by conceding in last minute. Bah!!!
Job still safe tho, as expectations are v low

good to see that you didnt give up, are you still using Zebedee's tactics or did you change when you won promotion?