Croatia 1994-98 National Team 3-5-2 (5-3-2) #Won European League with Hajduk Split#

chule

Reaction score
Dear FM fans, I don't upload my tactic's very often but this one I must share.
In last few FM series, tactics with 3 at the back, especialy with libero were disaster, but in FM13 they work perfectly.
My 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2 if you want) formation is based on Croatian national team formation from '90s

GK (defend) View attachment 284949 Dražen Ladić (classic keeper, the best you can get/Buffon,Casillas,Cech...)
SW (libero/attack) View attachment 284950 Zvonimir Soldo (important position in this formation, good tackling, pace, heading, pass, cross, long shot and creativity is bonus/Busquets,Pique...)
DCL (defend) View attachment 284951 Slaven Bilić (classic defender, good header, tackling etc./Terry, Puyol...)
DCR (defend) View attachment 284952 Igor Štimac (same as DCL)
WBL (attack) View attachment 284956 Robert Jarni (tackling, pace, cross/Lahm, Marcelo, Alex Sandro...)
WBR (attack) View attachment 284957 Mario Stanić (same as WBL/Maicon, Dani Alves...)
MCL (AP/attack) View attachment 284958 Aljoša Asanović (one of 3 playmakers it the middle, need good pass, creativity and some defensive attributes, teamwork, player for attack and defense/Moutinho, Modrić, Fellaini...)
MCR (DLP/defend) View attachment 284959 Zvonimir Boban (same as MCL/Xavi, Khedira....)
AMC (AP/support) View attachment 284960 Robert Prosinečki (player for 'final pass', dribbler, scorer, 'fantasista', 'no.10'/Ozil,Kaka,Iniesta,Ronaldinho,C.Ronaldo....)
SCL (AF/attack) View attachment 284961 Davor Šuker (finishing, dribbling, pace, heading, pass...this is your main scorer/Messi, Van Persie, Ibrahimović....)
SCR (P/attack) View attachment 284964 Alen Bokšić (same as SCL...this is your target man, he will score, he will assist, he is here to make a space for your main scorer SCL...pace is very important for this player/Rooney,Neymar,Hulk,C.Ronaldo,Ibrahimović...)

View attachment 284969 This is how formation looks like
View attachment 284970 The results since I use this formation (red ones are with 1-2 first team players on the pitch, because of EL.
View attachment 284971 Surprising European League results
I'm in season 2016/17., and my Hajduk Split is much stronger than real Hajduk, or that one on the begining of the game, I signed some nice brasilian regens, but still, my team is much weaker than Ajax, Napoli, Fener, Sporting and specially Dortmund, and in the final match against Ajax (with some great regens and Eriksen) i have played with 2 fast strikers at WBL and WBR positions because of injuries, so this is fantastic result.
Defence is strong, and in attack I always have 2-3 ccc, and I had some matches with 7-8ccc
Try it, I hope it will work for your team as well.
I give a lot of attention on team speak, and I don't change a much in formation during the match. I have used some shouts and changed mentality on contain in last few minutes of some EL matches, but that is all.
Also, moast of the goals that I have recived was after corners, so thet is something that can be fixed, like attacking corners, I haven't touch that.

Download Vatreni 1994-98.tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way <- tactic

And, for the end, some of the best Croatian matches in '90s
[video=youtube;GW5lsvIx9yg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=GW5lsvIx9yg&NR=1[/video]
[video=youtube;dUuPwsbo6n4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUuPwsbo6n4[/video]
[video=youtube;1kDXf00x2Eo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDXf00x2Eo[/video]
[video=youtube;pXpX8z8en78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXpX8z8en78[/video]

Last edited:
Just started using this tactic with my Wycombe save. Let you know how I get on.

I will give it a go soon as well, I try to create a libero tactic every time FM comes out but always unsuccessfully!

Tactic working perfect the only one that does in about 30 I have tried.

I'm glad that its working for you as well.
I have won 4 croatian leagues and 4 national cups, a was a on 1st place on half-season in 5th season before I made this tactic, so there is nothing excellant in wining Croatian first division, after 5 seasons I have the best players in the league and I would won it with any tactic, but before these tactic I couldn't do anything in EL or CL against stronger teams....and when I saw how much ccc I had in most of my games, I had to upload this tactic.
This is not some engine exploiter and you probably won't win every match, but it looks nice on the pitch, I love 3-5-2, I love to play with libero and it finaly works.
I have tested it on whole season holidays with Barca, results seams OK, but that is Barca, I doubt that wouldn't be like this with any default tactic.
QK4iD.jpg

r3lI9.jpg

results update:
5MRbd.jpg
YzCqd.jpg
rC5Jd.jpg
hfOUb.jpg
w94uh.jpg
jh3uS.jpg
changed 2 things:
corners: 6 yard box
free kicks: cross centre

hey mate! results look very good. and i like your formation! have you tested this with any other teams? i'd love to see how it does in a more competitive league!

No I didn't, I'm playing just with Hajduk, and now I get a job in Uruguay National Team, so I will see what I can do at World Cup 2018. I used this tactic with Barcelona on holidays, but that don't mean anything. I would like to see how it works with some mid-table team in England, Germany, Spain or Italy....

i'll give this a run when i have time! cheers

Trying this tactic with Sao Paulo. It has major problems playing against the defensive 4-2-2-2 Brazilian formation. I cant create anything let alone score, every game finishes 0-0!

Do you ask assistant for opposition instructions before the game?
Do you train anything specific? Match training? General training? Scheduling?

I used this tactic in an attempt to rescue my Leeds squad. I never read any of these forums previously but it saved my season to say the least formidable home form but struggle away. Any ideas on a variation away from home? A bit more defensive maybe ?

Trying this tactic with Sao Paulo. It has major problems playing against the defensive 4-2-2-2 Brazilian formation. I cant create anything let alone score, every game finishes 0-0!

Do you ask assistant for opposition instructions before the game?
Do you train anything specific? Match training? General training? Scheduling?

I have never played in europe against 4-2-2-2(box) so I realy don't know how it works...
I don't ask assistant anything, I don't touch anything, only use team speak before the game.
I have very young team, so every my player have different training regime, but that don't have anything with match tactic. I just want to get higher attributes for my players where they need them.
Also, I change general training through the season.
Preseason: 3 weeks-fitness/very high/less match training/teamwork-no rest before or after matches
2 weeks-team cohesion/very high/more match training/teamwork-no rest
Season: team cohesion/high/more match training/teamwork-rest before and after matches
if I have problems with scoring I train attacking movement, and attack, and I have problems in defence, I train defence and def.pos. for few weeks.
Match prep. default(teamwork) but before matches against stronger opponents, I train defensive pos.

Also, I don't use playmaker, I have 3 creative players in the middle with good passing attributes, so I don't want that ball is going just on one player. I have never test tactic with playmaker, but I belive it wouldnt work this good.

I used this tactic in an attempt to rescue my Leeds squad. I never read any of these forums previously but it saved my season to say the least formidable home form but struggle away. Any ideas on a variation away from home? A bit more defensive maybe ?

Well, i have strongest club in Croatia so I don't have too mutch hard clashes, but in Champions League almost every opponent is stronger, and I have great results with this attacking version. Some matches last season against stronger opponents I have played 2nd half on counter or contain but in this season I don't touch anything.
I belive that there are 4 important things for this tactic:
1. your libero (SW) must know to play football, you can't have a wood on that position, cause you will lose many balls and have problems with counter attacks. I have trained my DMC/MC player for that position.
2. in the middle you need 3 creative players with good passing skills, 2 MC-s need to have good tackling skils
3. your right striker has to be fast...it's better when you have 2 fast strikers, but right one MUST be fast.
4. your wingbacks need to have good tackling and they also need to be fast, and moast important thing is, they must have good cross. I score lots of goals on wingback cross. It would be good that they have good dribbling skils as well, but then you are not playing with Leeds anymore :D. I have wingers on that positon. I have trained them for wingback positions and they are on tackling training all the time.

Me plays 4-2-2-2 formation and 3-5-2 don't have any chance against that tactic especially because i play 2 poachers in attack.Only tactic who can match 4-2-2-2 is 3-4-3 you can see my post regarding my tactic and my results.

how do you download the tactic please? I click on the link but there is no option to download it? thanks in advance

how do you download the tactic please? I click on the link but there is no option to download it? thanks in advance

Click the link in the first post, and then click on 'click here to start download from sendspace'
I tried just now it works just fine.
Or I can just give it to you if you want. :)

thanks mate :) I've got it working now, i must have had a really blonde moment haha. This tactic looks great, and very positive, just the way i like it. Do you reckon if i switched one of the strikers to a complete forward it would still work? I was thinking of starting a Napoli game, and would love to play Vargas and Cavani up top with Hamsik just behind using this :)