Cruijff's 4-3-3 Total Voetbal | Released!

As has been said, you really need to try and stick to those team talks as much as possible. There is an issue with this though, it all depends on your experience. I normally start as "Semi-Pro" even if taking charge of a bigger team when starting a new game and this means the players are typically not keen on you and those shouts may not work initially.

Anyway, an update using a lower league team this time, in this case Fleetwood Town. I started the game unemployed and went on holiday until October when the sackings really start to gain momentum. After a few rejections in League 2, Fleetwood Town finally offered me the job at which point they were just outside the relegation zone after exactly half of the season (23 games).

With several injuries, the first handful of games were a struggle, but I organised several free transfers to come in on January 1st and we started to climb the table. Although we didn't make up enough ground to get into the playoff places, the second half of the season will stand us in good stead for next year, think of it as an extended pre-season where all the new players will now be settled.

The screenshots have a red line to denote the point at which I took over. As you can see, for the most part we became defensively solid and although many were draws, a run in of only one defeat in eighteen is pretty good going. It's also worth noting that we never kept a clean sheet in any of the first nine games, I saw this as the period in which the tactic was bedding in. What I find on this and other forums is that many users simply expect the tactic to just work immediately, not allowing the time for the players to get used to it.

Last edited:
ok, i will try this tactic 2night with PSV as they are my favo team :). For the midfield i have the following options: Strootman / Van Bommel / Hiljemark / Wijnaldum / Toivoinen. Strootman and v. Bommel will be starters for sure. but then, the 3th one.. as i want to start with not allowing transfer i will have to choose between Toivonen and Wijnaldum as 3th midfield. Both are more AMC's so which slot would suit best for them ? the central one i assume?

i know you told me about Wijnaldum playing on wing but for the wing i have Mertens (more of IF) and Narsingh (more of Winger) and Lens / Depay / Bakkali as back ups. Last one is far to young to really play games but will use him in Cup matches.

for the forward position i have Matavz / Lens / Locadia. but also Toivonen would suit there...

anyway my main question is more about the midfield ? as i want to sell Toivonen in winter and get Maher for him.

ok, i will try this tactic 2night with PSV as they are my favo team :). For the midfield i have the following options: Strootman / Van Bommel / Hiljemark / Wijnaldum / Toivoinen. Strootman and v. Bommel will be starters for sure. but then, the 3th one.. as i want to start with not allowing transfer i will have to choose between Toivonen and Wijnaldum as 3th midfield. Both are more AMC's so which slot would suit best for them ? the central one i assume?

i know you told me about Wijnaldum playing on wing but for the wing i have Mertens (more of IF) and Narsingh (more of Winger) and Lens / Depay / Bakkali as back ups. Last one is far to young to really play games but will use him in Cup matches.

for the forward position i have Matavz / Lens / Locadia. but also Toivonen would suit there...

anyway my main question is more about the midfield ? as i want to sell Toivonen in winter and get Maher for him.

Play Bommel , Strootman and Wijnaldum in midfield and play Toivonen as CF.

so doesnt mather in wich slot i fit them? or just like you write it up? Wijnaldum as right BWM ?

I've ended up making recent changes to the tactic mainly to the defensive side of things (I've converted the cb's to a stopper and cover both with less freedom and a more defensive mentality).

The Reading result was bitterly disappointing

79891E5BF5FE863A531392B58B31AFCDEB50EF93

07B0722F8F48DA598534BA8D74BDE374D7CDAC7A

541659E2657BF6C54B8A84AA8DE68B6916C6791C

1AEAD5D50DC0D7512E4E9D9D9D295FF2043696EC

996EF699543635E8EC03F2D0EE5D38AD8B26FF3D

More to come..

Last edited:
Test

This is from the same template etcetera just tweaked defence positions and settings.

Hello!

I've the opinion that a tactic is a small part in the success of any team. There's much more behind it. However, I've to say the following things...

I've decided use your tactic with a low quality team in Portugal: Nacional da Madeira, season 3. Their main goal was to avoid relegation. This is what happened:

View attachment 314644

A very enjoyable season in fact. Here's more screenshots (aren't in order but you get my point):

View attachment 314645View attachment 314646View attachment 314647View attachment 314648View attachment 314649

Those who know Portuguese League, know what I'm talking about!
Have to say that in away matches and tough games I always prefer the destroyers in the midfield. Due to this, with exception of 2/3, always got more possession than my opponents. Change the general training to defend too..
Didn't continue to next season due to their weak financial status and therefor the impossibility of bringing new faces to play ECL.
Cheers mate and congrats to your work in this tactic. Have played very nice footie :)

In the picture of the formation the midfielders are box to box midfielders but u set their individual training to Ball winning midfielders? why not box to box?

i just ask the assistant manager for that and dont see it:)