da silva partnership

• Thread starter Thread starter oneunited
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 4K
rafael crossing is not good we need some one who can cross

It's pretty decent, and with his high work rate, energy and determination he'll definitely
improve. He is sorta like a Neille in terms of work rate but Rafael also has the technique Gary didn't have.

rafael crossing is not good we need some one who can cross

He is only 20 and as we have Neville in the coaching team and he will likely to help him improve his crossing in which fact i think is pretty decent :D

rafael will be better than cafu in my book :D

fabio will > roberto carlos too

Saying they will both be better than 2 of the greatest full-backs of all time is abit far in my opinion , no doubt they will be very good players but comparing them with Cafu & Carlos?
I'm not sure but it's your opinion at the end of the day.

Saying they will both be better than 2 of the greatest full-backs of all time is abit far in my opinion , no doubt they will be very good players but comparing them with Cafu & Carlos?
I'm not sure but it's your opinion at the end of the day.

under the tutorledge of the best english right back of this generation and the greatest manager of all time helps too :D

I thought they were better on the wings yesterday than either at L/RB. Can see them being around for a long time to come, fairplay, they played really well.

Mate, you do spout some rubbish sometimes. They're great talents with a lot of potential, but Cafu and Roberto Carlos are amongst the top 3 players to play in their respective positions (if you ask me). The over-hype in this thread is rediculous

I'd love to see how these 2 do in International football. I can see them being new world cup stars within 10 years oO)

Whilst we love these twins, it all could have been very different, as Arsenal approached them after United had shown an interest.
“The scout said he was from Arsenal and invited us to come and train,” Rafael said. “At that time we had already been to see Manchester United and train once with our club’s permission. But this man wanted to take us to England and say nothing to Fluminense. We disagreed with that principle. Fluminense was where we started, we had been there for years and they looked after us.”
Fabio was just as unimpressed with Arsenal’s tapping up.
“It was upsetting,” he said. “We could have signed there and then and taken all the money and Fluminense would have got nothing. But our mother said ‘No, Fluminense have been good to you. You went there when you were 11. I want you to do everything right’. So we said we would sign for Manchester as it would be the best thing for us and Fluminense. So we signed and ignored the man pushing Arsenal.”

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/just-how-much-do-you-love-the-twins/

This should be in the Joke Thread mate??

On topic and i like these two lads and Sir Oldman Redchops done the best thing in bringing them over while they were young to develop their defensive side. No dout they will be Utd leading full backs until they become the best in the world and then Utd's parent club Real Madrid will snap them up :P.

This should be in the Joke Thread mate??

On topic and i like these two lads and Sir Oldman Redchops done the best thing in bringing them over while they were young to develop their defensive side. No dout they will be Utd leading full backs until they become the best in the world and then Utd's parent club Real Madrid will snap them up :P.

Madrid can go and rot in ****.

If you check the link i have posted, you can make out they are sensible lads and have the right guidance. Oh and they haven't dreamed about Madrid like Ronaldo.

Madrid can go and rot in ****.

If you check the link i have posted, you can make out they are sensible lads and have the right guidance. Oh and they haven't dreamed about Madrid like Ronaldo.

People thought Nando was a sensible lad and now they think otherwise lol. Anything can happen in football mate and its just the way it seems to go with Utd players that reach the top of their game while at Utd.

People thought Nando was a sensible lad and now they think otherwise lol. Anything can happen in football mate and its just the way it seems to go with Utd players that reach the top of their game while at Utd.

Who all did?
Ronaldo was the only player who was sold to Madrid at the top of his game.

Beckham, RVN had a fallout with Manager. And we made best deal by selling Heinze to them,

And Torres left as Liverpool were not competing for Trophies.Well no one does that better than us.

They need a lot of discipline, put in some really dirty tackles, which for a right and left back, is unacceptable.. However, the potential is there.. Fabio will struggle though, Evra is world-class, and for him to lose his position for some experience to Fabio would be criminal. Rafael seems to already being doing great though, and as Man Utd need a right-back, he'll probably be first team for the rest of this season and next. :)

Who all did?
Ronaldo was the only player who was sold to Madrid at the top of his game.

Beckham, RVN had a fallout with Manager. And we made best deal by selling Heinze to them,

Fair enough they had a fallout with Fergie but they still left at the top of their game.

Lol they were ok yesterday. Fabio was all over the place haha! Thought he was playing in every position on the pitch at one point.

Lol they were ok yesterday. Fabio was all over the place haha! Thought he was playing in every position on the pitch at one point.
lol, thats why it worked, the amount of pitch he covered was outrageous in the first half, pretty sure he popped up in at least 3 different positions XD

lol, thats why it worked, the amount of pitch he covered was outrageous in the first half, pretty sure he popped up in at least 3 different positions XD

True.

Maybe it was a test for Fergie, either to prove his own possible thought that he's a natural winger (maybe not the case cos he was everywhere) or if hes just suited to every position on the pitch ha.

Personally I think Fabio works better as a full back. Judging by the amount of pitch he can cover, hes obviously well suited to bombing down a flank for 90 minutes, and thats obviously something you want from a full back - the ability to defend and get forward, and get back when theres trouble. He's committed to the cause, I'll give him that. Bit like a flanker in rugby union, hes always there, such as when he scored the goal.

Funny you should both say that. I read something once comparing the two twins. Fabio was rated as better than Rafael in Brazil (the opposite of now, you would argue), partially because he played in the normal fantastic Brazilian attacking fullback's manner, but took it even further. In fact, they started referring to him as playing 'from' left back rather than 'at' because he would pop up anywhere on the pitch.

The point the article was making was that Rafael, more used to greater tactical discipline, has benefitted more and adapted better to playing in England (not to mention Patric Evra holding back Fabio), and as such is seen here as the better of the two. Still, Fabio should soon catch up under Fergie's tutelage.

Back