da silva partnership

• Thread starter Thread starter oneunited
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 4K
rafael will be better than cafu in my book :D

fabio will > roberto carlos too

No pressure then. oO)

Looked good against Arsenal, will both be important players for United for years to come.

Funny you should both say that. I read something once comparing the two twins. Fabio was rated as better than Rafael in Brazil (the opposite of now, you would argue), partially because he played in the normal fantastic Brazilian attacking fullback's manner, but took it even further. In fact, they started referring to him as playing 'from' left back rather than 'at' because he would pop up anywhere on the pitch.

The point the article was making was that Rafael, more used to greater tactical discipline, has benefitted more and adapted better to playing in England (not to mention Patric Evra holding back Fabio), and as such is seen here as the better of the two. Still, Fabio should soon catch up under Fergie's tutelage.
yeah remember reading that, Fabio was seem much more as a left wing playing at left back in brazil, and was known as the more promising. I suspect he will be used like ths for us, but also have good tactical discipline.

Jack, agreed, he will be very similar to Evra in that aspect, only he will be able to play more naturally in midfield too than him

Funny you should both say that. I read something once comparing the two twins. Fabio was rated as better than Rafael in Brazil (the opposite of now, you would argue), partially because he played in the normal fantastic Brazilian attacking fullback's manner, but took it even further. In fact, they started referring to him as playing 'from' left back rather than 'at' because he would pop up anywhere on the pitch.

The point the article was making was that Rafael, more used to greater tactical discipline, has benefitted more and adapted better to playing in England (not to mention Patric Evra holding back Fabio), and as such is seen here as the better of the two. Still, Fabio should soon catch up under Fergie's tutelage.
yeah remember reading that, Fabio was seem much more as a left wing playing at left back in brazil, and was known as the more promising. I suspect he will be used like ths for us, but also have good tactical discipline.

Jack, agreed, he will be very similar to Evra in that aspect, only he will be able to play more naturally in midfield too than him

When they came Fabio was rated higher as he played well in junior competitions. Rafael got easy ride at United as we were struggling for RB, he took his chances very well. Whereas Fabio's chances were limited by Evra who was available for every game. And Fabio got injured very often when started.

We are struggling for a creative CM, and Fabio has done well for reserves as a CM. Hope he will get few chances as a CM too as we have Nani and Valencia as wingers and he wont be getting any game time as winger also

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

True.

Maybe it was a test for Fergie, either to prove his own possible thought that he's a natural winger (maybe not the case cos he was everywhere) or if hes just suited to every position on the pitch ha.

Personally I think Fabio works better as a full back. Judging by the amount of pitch he can cover, hes obviously well suited to bombing down a flank for 90 minutes, and thats obviously something you want from a full back - the ability to defend and get forward, and get back when theres trouble. He's committed to the cause, I'll give him that. Bit like a flanker in rugby union, hes always there, such as when he scored the goal.

Thats a very good point. Rafael and Fabio has energy in abundance and against Arsenal they worked their socks off. Closed Arsenal players and didnt give them any space. They both interchanged the positions (Which Fergie also didn't know that they could). Fabio played in all positions.

But if you look at the first goal, Fabio was playing sort of CM role. His pass to Rafael, then continued his run to the box. I have seen hi doing this quiet a few times when he was played as CM for reserves. I have a strong gut feeling that he will work better as a CM with his energy and goal scoring instincts.

Good to see that they both offer a lot of versatility, fabio can play as CM and rafael was also playing CM in the later stages of the game, bodes well for the future

Who all did?
Ronaldo was the only player who was sold to Madrid at the top of his game.

Beckham, RVN had a fallout with Manager. And we made best deal by selling Heinze to them,

RVN was past his peak.... His last season at United was poor. and his legs where going, we got maximum price and the best years of his career for United.

Beckham feel out with Fergie and if beckham never left, there would never of been ronaldo.

Ronaldo we got 80million for, and His Dream was Madrid.

RVN was past his peak.... His last season at United was poor. and his legs where going, we got maximum price and the best years of his career for United.

Beckham feel out with Fergie and if beckham never left, there would never of been ronaldo.

Ronaldo we got 80million for, and His Dream was Madrid.

Heinze was **** and we got close to 8 Million plus he ****** up Madrid so many times XD

Seeing double: Da Silva twins causing chaos on and off the pitch

Look closely and the mystery of how to tell Manchester United’s identical da Silva twins apart will be revealed. “I have a few marks around my eyes so that’s the secret of telling us apart,” so says right-back Rafael.

Although I don’t think Arsenal’s centre back Laurent Koscielny, Bacary Sagna or Kieran Gibbs got close enough to be able to identify the pair on Saturday.

United haven’t helped in cracking the code on match day either having assigned the number 21 jersey to Rafael and the number 20 to Fabio when they moved up to the senior squad.

At least when the then teenagers first arrived on the Old Trafford scene Fabio had a wedding ring to tell them apart from his marriage to Barbara. But Rafael wrecked that by walking down the aisle himself last summer.

“When we came to the club, Fabio had just got married and wore a ring so our boss just had to look at the left hand to tell us apart. It was quite funny,” said Rafael.

“But now we are both married and wear rings. This has made his life more difficult and occasionally he still gets it wrong. We laugh, but he takes it well.”

Last Saturday’s cup-tie referee Chris Foy certainly didn’t know the secret either when in October 2009 in a Carling Cup match at Barnsley he flashed a yellow card at Fabio for a foul committed by Rafael! United appealed the punishment and the card was rescinded due to mistaken identity.

Funny that even SAF gets it wrong. XD

they seem happy at United, too. Which is nothing short of great news :)

You mean they didn't marry a pair of twins and live in a house together? I am disappoint.

That would be epic. Twins getting married to Twins. Whose girl is who. Who the **** knows... XD

Back