Dalglish signs a 3-year contract

Wonderful, wonderful news - & Steve Clarke signs as well. Another great bit of business by FSG; they're no amateurs those guys.

Bad news for our rivals - King Kenny is back to haunt you.

Hoo-hah !

Hard to say,but the hardest rival is back,congrats
signing of the century

Great appointment. Only one really possible after the season they've had.. Kenny had to be appointed.

This summer and next season are going to be absolutely crazy.

Absolutely made my day. We're gonna be back up there pretty soon. :)

Time to give that perch back Fergie!!!

Great news for Liverpool.

I wouldn't bet against them being at or at least near the top of the table next season..

Will be rather amusing if he does a poor job now.

Brilliant news. Kenny is a genius of a manager.

We are on the march there is no doubt about it. I don't think I have felt as positive about things at the club in a very very long time. Everything is pointing towards a bright future, a RED future. Sooooo happy

YNWA Fellow Reds

Arise Sir King Kenny & Steve Clarke

Great news for Liverpool. Glad to see him take over on a permanent basis.

All Red's are excited about the new players that are due to arrive in the summer, but Kenny & Steve are the crucial signings that will underpin all that follow. We now have managerial stability, ownership stability, & financial stability; on these three rocks the club can rebuild it's greatness.

It's going to be MENTAL at Anfield against Tottenham.

YNWA

As Bill said, I can't help but think it'd be funny if after this build up with everyone saying what a great signing etc that Dalglish fails.

Wouldn't wish it on him though.

John Henry, Tom Werner and the rest of FSG are a class act. Liverpool could not be in better hands. Well played to extend Dalglish's contract, and I think that Liverpool are once again slowly becoming one of the teams to fear in the BPL.

Agree with this, how Everton could do with a takeover like Pool's...

On topic, I have to say Kenny is the only Liverpool manager since I've started supporting football that I have time for, very model professional.

As Bill said, I can't help but think it'd be funny if after this build up with everyone saying what a great signing etc that Dalglish fails.

Can't see it happening, we can only really build on this season with Kenny in charge. Though, I do see where you're coming from

Only thing that could make me happier, would be for SAF to announce his retirement :p

We've seen failure this season as a very real yardstick to measure him against. We were 12th in the league, playing the worst football I've ever seen and that after flirting with the relegation zone for periods of the season. We've seen a manager incapable of representing the club trying to manage the supporters' expectations to the standard which he felt he was capable of achieving. That's failure.

For all the chat of big money signings, etc. , truth is we've got a lot of catching up to do. Kenny'll be judged on incremental progression of the side. The great thing is that his reputation will shut up the idiots who phone up 606 to whine and the press are already learning to give him the respect he deserves as a man and manager so you'll not likely see the fullscale attempts to character assassinate him other managers suffered.

We're unlikely to win the league next season. Finishing top four is a realistic possibility and is the standard against which the club itself judges 'success' of a manager. I'll take small steps forward from the position in which Kenny found the club (12th in the table and demoralised) as being success. Anything above that is a bonus in the short-term. We've got a long climb back up but we've got a united club at the moment and I think that'll make a big difference.

Watch out, Liverpool are coming back with a bang. Manchester United are going to get another run-around, possibly down to the wire like in 2008-09. That was a good season.