Dalglish signs a 3-year contract

Watch out, Liverpool are coming back with a bang. Manchester United are going to get another run-around, possibly down to the wire like in 2008-09. That was a good season.

you can not exactly say roy was a bad manager though, you still have the same midfield as the one who got liverpool into the tragic start. yes i know people will say they will improve the midfield, but still i think it is way to early to think of liverpool challenging for title again. they will do well to make champions league places i recon.

you can not exactly say roy was a bad manager though, you still have the same midfield as the one who got liverpool into the tragic start. yes i know people will say they will improve the midfield, but still i think it is way to early to think of liverpool challenging for title again. they will do well to make champions league places i recon.

I never once said that Hodgson was a bad manager at Liverpool though? All the same, now that Dalglish is at the helm, he can lead Liverpool back to the top and where they have been for the majority of their history, even with Manchester United being as powerful as they are.

And these things take time. There is a reason why he signed a 3-year contract and why the board, the players and the fans believe and trust him.

Promises of financial backing in the summer, too. Which I was already pretty confident about, but it's nice to see the manager come out and assure everyone.

I really disagree with this, Kenny took over a demoralized Liverpool side and since then no one has taken more points than them. They're going to sign several players in the summer (Mata is their first target apparently) so I don't see why they wouldn't be title challengers. Would be absolutely hilarious if SAF said next season was his last (so Mourinho can replace him) and they won number 20.

It's good for English football, Liverpool is their first or second biggest club and it's a shame that they've struggled so much in the past couple decades other than that CL win.

Im so buzzing for next season now, I just want to hibernate for a few months now.

I really disagree with this, Kenny took over a demoralized Liverpool side and since then no one has taken more points than them. They're going to sign several players in the summer (Mata is their first target apparently) so I don't see why they wouldn't be title challengers. Would be absolutely hilarious if SAF said next season was his last (so Mourinho can replace him) and they won number 20.

It's good for English football, Liverpool is their first or second biggest club and it's a shame that they've struggled so much in the past couple decades other than that CL win.

because the top3 are not going to stand still, this was a poor season by their standards. Liverpool can challenge for top 4 next season for sure, but i think a title challenge may be beyond them. And i think most liverpool fans would agree with that.

All bets are off season after that though, if 11-12 goes to plan for them

Agree with Mike. There is no top 3 anymore soon. I expect City to challenge and maybe even win the title next season. Anything can happen and if there is not 5 CL places...then atleast 1 strong is going to miss out. But then next year they could pip someone else.

Anything can happen.

Going to be great competition for the champions league places next season! In all honesty at the moment the only club I can say I think will definately get a champions league place next season is Manchester Utd.

Brilliant news for our team....Should of happened a long time ago....managers like him bring in the right players like hopefully ashley young etc....I wouldn't of thought we will challenge for the title next year but hopefully champions league :) then after that who knows...the next 3 years look very bright indeed!!! we really do have the best league in the world....6 top teams now

I think Hernandez to Man U still wins. So maybe second best signing of the season? lol.

You think Hernandez had more impact on United than Kenny had at Liverpool?

Not sure if I am being biased here but surely not?

You think Hernandez had more impact on United than Kenny had at Liverpool?

Not sure if I am being biased here but surely not?

i think they have had huge impacts at their respective clubs. neither side would be where they are without them. Who is better is subjective really

i think they have had huge impacts at their respective clubs. neither side would be where they are without them. Who is better is subjective really

Without Hernandez I imagine United would easily still be top 3. Without Kenny I imagine Liverpool would be mid-table. I just think Kenny has not only improved our league position, but he's improved absolutely everything at the club.

Without Hernandez I imagine United would easily still be top 3. Without Kenny I imagine Liverpool would be mid-table. I just think Kenny has not only improved our league position, but he's improved absolutely everything at the club.

Hernandez has scored 20 goals this season, and they have mostly been key goals. he is the difference between being (probable) title winners, and CL finalist, and 4th place and last 16 knockout, and that is huge. Dont need to say what the difference KK has made. But both have been vital in their own ways