Darren Bent, anyone else was a suprise?

Majdar

Reaction score
I started my season with Sunderland. Got 1 or 2 major player, Angel Di Maria and Jonjo Shelvey to be exact, planned on selling Bent because his stats were horrible. Fortunatly for me, no one was taker. So i played him with F. Campbell. He ended up winning the English Premiere Top Goalscorer, English Footballer of the year and European Golden Boot.

Anyone else had that kind of production out of him? heres a picture

Yeah he put in some pretty solid performances for me as well. I think he got about 20 goals in the first season for me, playing with F. Campbell/ Lukaku

He's been pretty useless at times in my game but then he rectifies that with a hattrick or two so I can't complain. Him and Campbell have formed a fantastic partnership, have to break it up now to fit in Gignac.

Yeah campbell has also been very good for me. First season of play he got 19 goals in league, mostly in 2nd half of season. In first part of 2nd season, he is 1 goal per game ratio... Wanted to bring a guy like Dzeko or another good Striker, but my duo's been producing so good i dont wanna mess with it lol!

So i bought hamsik and M. Veloso instead.. unfortunatly Shelvey's worth and stats keep going up and hamsik is a beast in this game... Not sure what to do with him

He could be missing sitters this match and then scores a hat trick the next. Had him and Jones upfront with Campbell coming on as an impact sub when Bent feels like missing sitters and it worked pretty well.

Are you guys playing on the 10.3 patch??? Darren Bent is rubbish for my Sunderland team on the Default database, never scores and had to sell him to buy Milevskyi!

I had him on the default patch and he isn't really that bad either. Maybe try playing him in the poacher role? And he can't be the lone striker.

Had a similar story with Carlton Cole. pretty 'shoddy' stats, but still ended up scoring 30 premier league goals for me on 10.03 with West Ham!.just goes to show, not always about the stats!!

I am using the default game and roster.

what settings you play with him?

I have him on Target man, attack... Mentality is attacking, rarely long shots and through balls often.

works miracles for me

i can't get him to score! he's gone 923 minutes without scoring to be exact, anyone know how to get the best out of him?

(H)
i can't get him to score! he's gone 923 minutes without scoring to be exact, anyone know how to get the best out of him?

try changing his role to Target man Attack... Then give him couple games.. Also, dont play him alone, put another striker with him.. I usually use Campbell as Poacher..

darren bent scored 34 goals in 38 games for me. it worked out quite well as i played darren bent as a poacher and Kenwyne jones as a supporting target man. Jones got 14 goals and about 12 assists. its truly amazing that the combination of a strong forward and pacey striker working well in fm10.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

try my tactics i ll upload it later. i finished 7th in the league in my first season and darren bent scored 34 goals in 38 games. but the tactics requires a strong target man with good heading ability, and hard working wide midfielder- not lazy wingers like quaresma or robinho!!!

Dont have a screenshot, but he was very good for me too, 25 league goals I believe, topping Drogba by 5.

yeah Bent and Campbell always smash them in pretty easily for most teams, two of the most consistent poachers on FM in my opinion.