I saw this thread and started a new game as leeds. I bought Darwin Quintero on the strength of this thread and i dont regret it one bit! he has scored 10 goals in 3 pre season games, so i have high hopes for him in the championship.

Tried to sign him in my Everton save, however he opted to sign for Reading instead. Which i was glad at going by his end-of-year stats. He had 4 goals in 32 games. Next season didn't do much better and moved to some second division Spanish team.

Please someone tell me how it is possible that such a mid-table player is doing so great for everyone? Even Rooney scored less for me and he's my club topscorer and we made 77 goals just after christmas! How is it possible that he scores so much??

He's an excellent poacher in counter-attacking tactics when paired with AML/Rs playing as inside forwards (that seems to be one of the most popular and effective strats for FM2012).

He scores more against teams that play a high defensive line, as he breaks through defenders and gets in a lot of 1-on-1 situations, or latches onto through balls where there's space between the defenders/GK. This means he'll do great when playing for underdogs and lower rep teams as opponents tend to use less defensive tactics and push up the field more. I'd expect him to do less well for high-rep teams whose opponents will often defend deeper.

I've found he also works less well in posession-based tactics, as he's too selfish to contribute much to 'unpicking' a defence. As long as he can get the ball in a bit of space and run straight at the goal, he'll score loads.

Just signed him with Tottenham. Playing 4-2-3-1. Got him as a Poacher upfront on his on with Bale and Lennon playing as Inside Forwards. Behind him VanDer Vaart as a Trequartista.

Makes his debut in a friendly against Lazio. We win 4-1 and he gets a hat-trick, an assist and MoM. Signed for £3.1m. Must have signing for any team who can afford him.

EDIT: He just scored 5 in a game where I had 41 shots overall. Unreal.

Last edited:
I miss Darwin on my southampton game (managing spurs atm)

Bought him with Rangers, and he is a goal machine as advertised. Especially in Champions League, where he had 4 goals at Villarreal to put us through to the knockout stages. Definitely a must buy for teams with smallish budgets.

Got him for Leicester. INCREDIBLE!! 62 goals in 52 games!

maybe its safe to say the stats he has is what a poacher must have to score?

also guys you can train him to do overhead kicks i got it in last 5 games he scored 1 overhead kick i was like omg!!!!! goal of month lolz

best thing is he doesnt go to international games really so u can train him n play him

i bought him in my liverpool save as i needed a back up striker. he is immense! i play him with andy carroll (TM support) and carroll has 20 gls and 12 assists in 24(2) apps and quintero has 20 goals 1 assist in 13(1) apps including 5 against newcastle. this guy can hold his own at the top. for around £2.5 million he is an absolute must buy!

How do you guys deal with the work permit issues though.................

Hopefully he doesn't go around head butting on FM like he does in real life.

i was too late to sign him he they want 6m for him infact at the start of the season on the new update they raise his price to 6m

Last edited:
what club does he play for originally? ive search and searched his name and cant see him anywher :(