Davies and Larsson set for swap

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa and Birmingham are in talks over a swap deal involving Curtis Davies and Sebastian Larsson.

More...

Denied by Blues officials.

They are allegedly separate deals.

Wouldn't mind Davies, do NOT want Seb going there!!

Both Very Good players TBH, Under rated massively. I think Birmingham wouuld be getting the better deal though.

Both Very Good players TBH, Under rated massively. I think Birmingham wouuld be getting the better deal though.

I agree, Davies has been very hard done by a Villa Park, considering they paid a whopping 10 million for him!!

Seb, isn't the best of players, lacks real pace, and never really set the Prem on fire, however has always give his all, and has been with us for years. Would be sad to see him in their colours.

Dont get why Birmingham are after Davies as they have Jiranek,Ridgewell and Johnson whilst Scott Dann is injured!

I agree, Davies has been very hard done by a Villa Park, considering they paid a whopping 10 million for him!!

Seb, isn't the best of players, lacks real pace, and never really set the Prem on fire, however has always give his all, and has been with us for years. Would be sad to see him in their colours.
Yeah and the Fact the have Young and Downing, Albrighton. Would he get a game

Dont get why Birmingham are after Davies as they have Jiranek,Ridgewell and Johnson whilst Scott Dann is injured!

Ridgewell is a left back, He proved against Us, He cant play CB

The reason being, Ridgewell should never EVER be allowed anywhere near the CB position again in his life!

He was mediocre in that position anyway, and has made the LB position his own, out there he is less likely to make a famous catastrophic mistake!

I agree Jiranik last night proved how good of a player he is, really rate him after coming into a team and putting in a shift like that! But in the prem you can't do half a season with lack of depth in such an important decision in what could be the most important half a season we have had in a long time!

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

In the way they play i would say definitely not!! He just isn't quick enough to play as a Winger for them. Distribution can make up for that but totally agree, and Seb wants to leave for good wages, and to play at a similar level, continuing to be a main stay in a first team, seems a wrong move for him to me.

Ridgewell is a left back, He proved against Us, He cant play CB

Never agreed more XD

Less said about that game the better :S

Ive never actually seen ridgewell at CB just know he can play there,

And agreed About Jiranek looked really solid last night , BIg Eck should stick with him and Johnson , Would only sign Davies if he expects someone to move on as then he has 4 good qaulity centre backs and might cause a bit of trouble when Dann gets back as him and Johnson are always going to be first choice!

Ive never actually seen ridgewell at CB just know he can play there,

And agreed About Jiranek looked really solid last night , BIg Eck should stick with him and Johnson , Would only sign Davies if he expects someone to move on as then he has 4 good qaulity centre backs and might cause a bit of trouble when Dann gets back as him and Johnson are always going to be first choice!

Ye fair enough, in his Villa days he was a regular Centre Back, in his first two season for us Prem relegation, and Championship promotion he was Centre Back, but believe me he gives you absolutely no confidence at all XD

I agree Jiranik and Rog should get the chance, they looked good together, was really pleased. Good point when Dann's fit we then have extreme competition of significant quality, however to improve as a team and get to the next level i suppose you have to have that. I would loan Davies with view to a permanent after considering that tbf. Although i have to admit Dann and Johnson have not looked their formidable selves this season.

Agreed again Dann and Johnson havent been as solid as last season , so now contradicting myself might be a good idea now that i think about it if they realise they have serious competition for there spots! defo got a soft spot for Brum cause of Big Eck , Andy Watson and Barry , Barry and Gardner look like a strong central mid , If you boys can just get a striker to be consistent you will be sorted!

Agreed again Dann and Johnson havent been as solid as last season , so now contradicting myself might be a good idea now that i think about it if they realise they have serious competition for there spots! defo got a soft spot for Brum cause of Big Eck , Andy Watson and Barry , Barry and Gardner look like a strong central mid , If you boys can just get a striker to be consistent you will be sorted!

I think that may be Eck's thinking, Dann will really have to fight to get back in the team with Jiranik definitely claiming a spot and potential signing of Davies.

A lot of Rangers fans seem to have the same opinion, always hoping we do well because of the many connections :$ Ferguson totally run the midfield last night, Parker and Noble were inexistent!! Gardner Bow and Seb did really well to support. And with the massively promising prospect of Jordan Mutch our midfield looks strong. The striker thing has been a problem for us since we lost Mikael Forssell, it will only be solved by throwing money at a big name, which we don't want to do, were used to it XD

Denied by Blues officials.

They are allegedly separate deals.

Wouldn't mind Davies, do NOT want Seb going there!!

I ****** called it in the rumour thread though. ;)

Probably. I'd rather we took straight money for him.

Can't really say he's been hard done by us. Simply, he hasn't got the quality to play for us with our centre-backs now. Our fourth choice CB, Clark, is better than him. He's been plagued by injuries as well, unluckily. Still, on his day he's a good defender. Quick too.

Nope. He'd be decent enough backup though.

Yeah Agreed Barry did run the show last night him and gardner was a close 2nd for man of the match IMO , Yeah i was surprised your owner didnt give ECK more backing to get miller He is a different player from when he played in the prem last time , and is in the form of his life and without a high fee made sense , Defo don't think Eck deserves the sack as well , The prem this year is the tightest its ever been and anyone right up until 7th isnt safe from a relegation battle yet!

I ****** called it in the rumour thread though. ;)
Haha you did call it :p it was all over Brum press two days ago though ;)

Can't really say he's been hard done by us. Simply, he hasn't got the quality to play for us with our centre-backs now. Our fourth choice CB, Clark, is better than him. He's been plagued by injuries as well, unluckily. Still, on his day he's a good defender. Quick too.
Similar situation with Gardner isn't it, goes to another club and rejuvenates his career hopefully, Villa fans wrote Craig off to be a no hope reserve, look at him now. But ye Collins, Cueller and Dunne are solid, and i do really like that Clark, although it pains me to say it :$

Nope. He'd be decent enough backup though.
Seb wouldn't be at all happy with that, which is why it would massively surprise me to see him sign!

I still Hope newcastle go back in for Larsson , Pardew said he will make most of his deals right on the Wire to get the best deals! could defo add to our midfield

I still Hope newcastle go back in for Larsson , Pardew said he will make most of his deals right on the Wire to get the best deals! could defo add to our midfield

Ye he would suit your side, you have a similar make up to us tactic wise. His delivery onto the likes of Carroll, Ameobi, Best is just mouth watering really.

Although Bentley is a class act and would much prefer him to be on our right hand side than Seb, i really don't want to see him leave. We have been cheap with him only giving him 7.5k he deserves a lot more than that!

Yeah WIth him and barton giving service to Carroll and the other big lads would really gurantee us survival i think! Yeah agreed Bentley is a better player than Larsson , but he could still get into most prem teams sides obv bar the top 5 or 6

Similar situation with Gardner isn't it, goes to another club and rejuvenates his career hopefully, Villa fans wrote Craig off to be a no hope reserve, look at him now. But ye Collins, Cueller and Dunne are solid, and i do really like that Clark, although it pains me to say it :$

The C and D partnership is solid again, yeah. FINALLY. Took them long enough. I wish Curtis well. Not TOO well, mind...

Seb wouldn't be at all happy with that, which is why it would massively surprise me to see him sign!

It's interesting. Maybe he could play in the centre? It's worked for Ash and Stewart, so it might work for him. Especially as he has less pace.

Isn't Davies on quite a chunky wage? Something like 25k...

Yeah WIth him and barton giving service to Carroll and the other big lads would really gurantee us survival i think! Yeah agreed Bentley is a better player than Larsson , but he could still get into most prem teams sides obv bar the top 5 or 6

Ye i guess your right, Blues fans probably take Seb for granted being with us for so long. We would miss his delivery. We have missed Faddy's this season for sure, that has been very apparent! Id prefer to see Seb go somewhere like Newcastle and play games etc then sit on the Vile bench, he wouldn't be happy with that i know he wouldn't he strops every time he's subbed!!

Thats a good thing in a player if they dont want to come off though i think, shows there passionate! Yeah I actually forgot all about Mcfadden this season to be honest, how long is he out for?