Dead Island

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Way back in 2007, developer Techland and publisher Deep Silver announced a new property called Dead Island that they proceeded to tell gamers absolutely nothing about except that it was a zombie-themed game that would be released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows platforms. Almost four years of silence later, Techland has just released the first Dead Island trailer, alongside giving the press their first look at the in-progress game.

And you know what? It already looks like the best zombie game ever made.

According to previews, Dead Island will be an open-ended sandbox zombie survival game in the first-person but with an emphasis on melee combat. You play one of four characters who wakes up in his or her hotel room after a night of heavy partying on a New Guinea resort island only to discover that there’s been a zombie outbreak sometime during the night. Your character is immune from infection for some reason and must try to survive the scourge as long as possible, scavenging weapons on the way.

Honestly, it looks fantastic, with a guiding RPG-like quest system for those who want more guidance. This is the Just Cause 2 of zombie games. It’s due out sometime this year, but other than that, Techland isn’t saying much. Even if you don’t care for zombies, do yourself a favor: watch that trailer.

Can't wait

Yeah, saw the trailer on IGN around a week ago, looked quite good. Apparently there is also a movie in development.

Probably not something i'd buy but that's one of the best, if not the best, game trailer i've ever seen.

Yup, the trailer's great. Sometimes I'm convinced to buy a game, like to the trailer to FF13

That was a really good trailer. I'm not really into zombies games so probs won't be getting it but it does look really good

Yup, the trailer's great. Sometimes I'm convinced to buy a game, like to the trailer to FF13
I was also persuaded by the FF13 trailer. I didn't play it for 2 months then put it on one night, I then went on to play it for 70 hours :)

I am a big fan of Resident Evil and Silent Hill games, no other Zombie games really, however, that has to be one of the coolest/engaging trailers I have seen in years :) even with no sound :p

just about to get into Res 5 :) will definately have this on my shopping list once in the Zombie mood :)

The trailer, is just a work of art. Truly amazing.

The Zombies actually look terrifying as well, Fast agile Zombies > Slow sluggish Zombies.
Definitely buying this!

Epic trailer *sniffs*

Can't wait to see some gameplay footage. :)

that is by far the most epic trailer i have seen in ages, will defo be getting this :D

I know there are various gaming awards out there, but I hope one exists to honour trailers.

When I saw this last week I was astounded. The game will never live up to it.

**** Yeah! Kick *** trailer, Kick *** soundtrack!
WILL be Downloading the demo.

Awesome trailer however will there be anything new? I mean zombie games are difficult to be original with now I am off to go play some Left 4 Dead 2 :D