Death Penalty?

Death Penalty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Reaction score
Well i just wanted to ask if people are for or against this? I think in extreme cases like Ian Huntly people should be killed for there actions or does anyone think this is moraly wrong. (Waits for AD to give us another freedom something or other speach about rebellion :p)

Yeh I'm for it as long as it's just. Serial murderers etc.. deserve it. I cba discussing this much atm though as I'm busy.

Omg, Kris I reckon you will open a can of worms here. Well played sir :D

Lol Ad will surely be against it but will probably have legit, educated (ish :p) reasons.

Personally I'm for it in some instances, I believe 'An eye for eye' and all that. And although I think Gandhi said 'An eye for eye and the whole will be blind', I don't believe that. I think executing a murderer or whatever is justified.

there should be a 3rd option - a kinda one

i hate the idea of thousands of pounds being spent on definate convicts keeping them alive for no reason other than to let them die in jail. also for certain people - eg ian huntley etc - some people just dont deserve to live

on the other hand - few cases are ever 100% and mistakes can be made which makes it hard to dish out

Yea Sam thats what i mean i would hate for someone who was wrongly accused to die but for your open and shut murders

yeah but there have been so called open and shuts that have turned out to be wrong, new evidence, new methods, some people even admit to things they havent done so its very rare to be 100%. even video evidence can be tampered with - have you seen prison break? :p

i hate the idea of thousands of pounds being spent on definate convicts keeping them alive for no reason other than to let them die in jail.

Yeh I think convicts get more money spent on them that is given to single parents. It's quite shocking when you think about it that convicts are getting 3 meals a day when many people in our country can't even afford one proper meal.

I say execute people who take illegal drugs :p

I disagree with the Death Penalty. It's morally wrong and in some cases, where the case hasn't been reviewed properly, innocent people could have been murdered when the evidence was wrong. Hence why there is so many killers that have been on Death Row for many years to make sure the case is right against them, before taking any action.

I don't even think serial killers should be killed either for their crimes, it's like a victory to them, considering you always hear news that there is always failed suicide attempts or hunger strikes.

Even though when someone is murdered we feel that it is needed to avenge the death of a loved one, it doesn't reverse the act that had being caused or make the pain go away, it's always going to be there. I think spending a life time in jail where it is confined is much worse than death, it makes them suffer what they have done.

The Death Penalty is also extremely expensive to use. The fact that it doesn't seem to deter crime but it merely exacerbates the culture of violence and death through state murder.

I would accept the death penalty to be given under certain circumstances. The "eye for an eye" thing, yes. But then there is the problem of people wrongly accused....so it's difficult really.

Also, i do believe that some people have done such horrible things, instead of letting them have the satisfaction of dying to end it, let them rot in jail.

Most of them are living decent lives in there and they still have rights and sky tv etc i mean come on

The ones that get Sky are probably not high security jails. Inmates are usually confined to their cell 23 hours of the day and are only let out for an hour each day, though i'm not sure if it's different to each prison here in England. I know a friend who's boyfriend was in jail for being caught with drugs, he's out now but on probation and the tag until February. He said it was the worst thing ever and wouldn't want to go back.

Death is an escape for the prisoners so I say life imprisonment is a harsher punishment. From the Gospel of Oz.

I think for the worst offenders, paedo's, murderers, rapists, should be given the means to commit suicide.

Therefore they are there own executioner, because by having the death penalty, surely the excutioner is therefore becoming a mass murderer.

Death is an escape for the prisoners so I say life imprisonment is a harsher punishment. From the Gospel of Oz.

Although i also agree with that statement too!!!

Definitely no. Murder is always wrong. "Eye for an eye and we'd all be blind". If you allow capital punishment, you're basically making murder more of a commodity.

EDIT: Nice thread Kris. But yes you predicted my answer ;)

EDIT AGAIN:

Omg, Kris I reckon you will open a can of worms here. Well played sir :D

Lol Ad will surely be against it but will probably have legit, educated (ish :p) reasons.

Personally I'm for it in some instances, I believe 'An eye for eye' and all that. And although I think Gandhi said 'An eye for eye and the whole will be blind', I don't believe that. I think executing a murderer or whatever is justified.

Holy ****, you basically covered my point for me in advance :D

I'd like to point the bold bit out though. It's a fallacy for obvious reasons. If you don't understand I'll explain, but I'm sure you'll know what I'm saying.

Yeah and then it becomes like, well the people carrying out executions, lethal injections or whatever should be murdered as well, and so on and the whole world becomes blind. But as far as I'm concerned a murderer or whatever loses his right to live when he takes another; so people carrying out the 'death penalty' are carrying out justice (that may sound poorly written but I can't think of a better way to write it atm).

Maybe Robbo's idea about giving them the means to commit suicide is fair enough. Either that or just bring back medieval torture :p

Yeah and then it becomes like, well the people carrying out executions, lethal injections or whatever should be murdered as well, and so on and the whole world becomes blind. But as far as I'm concerned a murderer or whatever loses his right to live when he takes another; so people carrying out the 'death penalty' are carrying out justice (that may sound poorly written but I can't think of a better way to write it atm).

Maybe Robbo's idea about giving them the means to commit suicide is fair enough. Either that or just bring back medieval torture :p

I think there's always gotta be a line drawn when you're talking about eye for an eye. Yeah, it's nice to get revenge in the same manner e.t.c. But, when it's putting people's lives in danger that's just morally wrong. If someone hits you, yeah hit them back. But, if somebody stabs you, and you decide to stab them (presuming you survive) in revenge, then that, in my eyes, is wrong. I'd never want to ever endanger someone's life, if they're an ******* or not.

Yea there really going to suffer the punishment of there crime by sitting in a caged cell for 15 hours a day....ohhhhh

Totally for it. I say if you take a life then yours should be taken and saves taxpayers money as dont have too let them live the life of riley in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.