Definition of 'Friend'

• Thread starter Thread starter *Paul*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Suck my white *** ball" :L

And for me, a friend is someone who you can talk to, who helps you with any problems/issues you are having, but most importantly, someone you can have a good laugh with

Thank you very much ya Jack-*** (Quote) ;)

Someone who can recite a quote from Family Guy, Coming Of Age, Happy Gilmore, Hot Rod or Benchwarmers.

:O such a win film. "Who did this?! *throws up*" XD

Definitely agree the term friend is used too much. see people on facebook who have like 100 friends but I guarantee most of them aren't actually their friends.

Um I'd count a true friend as someone you can always rely on and can tell everything too, someone who can always make you laugh and be there for you when things are bad and i don't have to talk to them everyday to know that we'll always be friends. Unfortunately i only have like 1 or 2 proper friends. :( ...the rest are just sort of 'friends'.. people i speak to on a regular basis but don't qualify in my catagory! haha.

My best friends are the ones who buy me pints when I'm skint on matchdays lol

:O such a win film. "Who did this?! *throws up*" XD

Definitely agree the term friend is used too much. see people on facebook who have like 100 friends but I guarantee most of them aren't actually their friends.

You are now my best friend, my categories are ironically different to Becky's post lol.
Do you want Beef Stew Jack (Quote)

someone whos been trought **** and back with u
someone who u trust u know that trust won't be betrayed

Theres a difference between a friend and a mate, I'd say.

A friend is someone who you see occasionally and just hang around with, have banter with etc.

A mate is someone you can trust with absolutely everything, whos there for you/youre there for them etc, and who'll go out their way to help you out and youd do the same for them, with banter and all the other stuff.

For example i have a few friends who i see a few times, and i have a laugh with them, but the people who i call my mates are the people i hang around with most of the time or who i live with, and i can trust them with everything i say to them. Mates are the kind of people youd want to go on a night out with, cos you know its gonna be class, rather than going with just friends cos it might be a bit boring due to how well you know eachother.

Last edited:
A friend is someone who will share his g/f with you.

or

A friend is someone who drags your drunk *** half a mile back to your house (even if he drops you down a flight of 20 steps and you have no recollection)

or

A friend is someone who will fight/distract the bigger guy while you pound the guy you actually have an issue with.

or

A friend is someone who will share his bottle of Jameson with you (essentially same as g/f)

A person who always trust you and never betrays you
or
A person who always forgive you
or
A person who always share secrets or problems with you
or
A person who always backs you up when you're in trouble

Um I'd count a true friend as someone you can always rely on and can tell everything too, someone who can always make you laugh and be there for you when things are bad and i don't have to talk to them everyday to know that we'll always be friends. Unfortunately i only have like 1 or 2 proper friends. :( ...the rest are just sort of 'friends'.. people i speak to on a regular basis but don't qualify in my catagory! haha.

**** I don't count then. :wub: :P

@OP Why cant you have an Internet friend? I'm sure many people here have friends on this site like I do?

If he drinks a beer with you, he's an acquaintance
If he buys you a beer he's a suck-up
If he buys you a beer and hooks you up with hot girls, he's a friend
If he buys you a beer, hooks you up with hot girls and helps you get a cab home, he's a best friend
If he buys you a beer, hooks you up with hot girls, helps you get a cab home and tucks you in, he's a stalker...

I overuse the word friend (or pal), but I prelude the word with another word.

I.e.

Marske pals - Pals who live around abouts where I live, that i've known since school or college.
Uni Friends - friends I met at university
Internet pals - people I know (and like) from the internet only (Gregor/Jack)
Best pals - Sean, Lee, Kris, Jake, Becky :wub:
Other pals - People who don't fall into the above category, but that I enjoy the company of on the odd occasion.

Well **** you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back