Defoe 'best finisher in England'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp believes "best finisher out there" Jermain Defoe will be in England's 2010 World Cup squad after scoring five goals in the 9-1 win over Wigan.

More...

Well he proved he is, Premier League's Top Scorer is Defoe.

Not really, wouldnt say hes the best finsher in england theres a few english strikers i can think of who are a better 'finisher' than defoe theres rooney(given the chance), bent, owen(of course), andy johnson, walcott has a good finish also.

all because he scored five goals against a full team of players that didnt even have their heads switched on makes him a sudden best finisher in england? one word wow.

Better to put it hes the in form striker atm.

Last edited:
I agree with Gatid theres Bent as well who's in hot form

Believe or not I agree he is in form at the moment as is Bent but Defoe is a far better player than Bent and thats why Bent got bummed out at Spurs.

defoe and torres. owen cant finish no more walcott cant thats why wenger users him as a winger now. and bent is just having a good season theres always a **** striker that has a good season

Why hate? Bent isnt **** he had a decent season last year he was Spurs top scorer

defoe and torres. owen cant finish no more walcott cant thats why wenger users him as a winger now. and bent is just having a good season theres always a **** striker that has a good season

Couldnt be more wrong mate, owen might has lost his touch abit and very injury prone but i said the best 'finisher' walcott cant finish? walcott came through the ranks at southampton and is a natural striker and before he joined Arsenal southampton played him as a striker and he got them goals after goals after goals so dont tell me he cant finish. Yes you right about wenger using walcott as a right winger only because wenger thinks hes too lightweight and more suited to a winger than a striker but that doesnt take away the fact that hes not a good finisher. Walcott is as good as defoe at finishing if not better.

Last edited:
Walcott is as good as defoe at finishing if not better.

Yeah alright mate. Why you've even brought Walcott up is strange as Arsenal have at least two better finishers in their squad.

i dont think hes the 'best finisher in england' but he probabally should be starting in the world cup next year with rooney though.

Yeah alright mate. Why you've even brought Walcott up is strange as Arsenal have at least two better finishers in their squad.

Yh i guess you mean rvp and eduardo dont you? Yes they are better finishers than walcott but i ment for england?

Wait, do you guys actually know what walcotts goal rate in front of goal is roughly? Please answer me that question before you accuse me of being biased?

Last edited:
Yh i guess you mean rvp and eduardo dont you? Yes they are better finishers than walcott but i ment for england?

Wait, do you guys actually know what walcotts goal rate in front of goal is? Please answer me that question before you accuse me of being biased?

Redknapp said he was the best finisher in England not best English finisher. Yes I do mean RVP and Eduardo, and I personally think it is between Eduardo, Defoe and Torres for the best finisher in England

Couldnt be more wrong mate, owen might has lost his touch abit and very injury prone but i said the best 'finisher' walcott cant finish? walcott came through the ranks at southampton and is a natural striker and before he joined Arsenal southampton played him as a striker and he got them goals after goals after goals so dont tell me he cant finish. Yes you right about wenger using walcott as a right winger only because wenger thinks hes too lightweight and more suited to a winger than a striker but that doesnt take away the fact that hes not a good finisher. Walcott is as good as defoe at finishing if not better.

owen and defoe are lightweights to but they play forwards walcott is just pure pace he only can manage about 10 goals a season so u cant say he is a good finisher. btw i support arsenal just stating facts

I believe the thread was about Defoe currently being the best finisher IN England. Its not about the Arsenal players.

Bent is like Kris Boyd, a bull in front of attack. He can just score, that's all he can. Defoe can dribble, he has speed, good first touch, nice finishing and I think he is better than Walcott at Finishing. Owen is an old piece and he can't score so well, he is even worse than Walcott. So I think Defoe-Rooney is the best couple of England Strikers.

Wouldn't call Defoe lightweight anymore, he is a real hand full and strong on the ball.

owen and defoe are lightweights to but they play forwards walcott is just pure pace he only can manage about 10 goals a season so u cant say he is a good finisher. btw i support arsenal just stating facts

Wait im confused, pace or no pace it doesnt affect how you good your finish is? 10 goals for a winger is pretty impressive in my opinion lol. Arsenal fan or not its not a fact its your opinion so i respect that but im just telling you my opinion also.

Again confusedoO), all i said was walcott i didnt name the whole Arsenal squad?

Owen still has finesse and will place the ball well as hes got years of experience. He is probably one of England's best 'finishers' but he isnt that well rounded hes more like a poacher

You guys are saying this because you are Arsenal fans and you hate our players, or you like to hate them, same with us, but this time I think Defoe is quality and he showed he can score many goals. Not only in this match, he always scored goals and I am sure he would score if he was able to play with Arsenal. And in my oppinion the best Young Winger is Lennon, way better than Walcott.

You guys are saying this because you are Arsenal fans and you hate our players, or you like to hate them, same with us, but this time I think Defoe is quality and he showed he can score many goals. Not only in this match, he always scored goals and I am sure he would score if he was able to play with Arsenal. And in my oppinion the best Young Winger is Lennon, way better than Walcott.
didnt say i hate defoe ive always liked defoe since he was at west ham i was buyin him on champ. when champ manager was good lol.

Back