Defoe 'best finisher in England'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 4K
Frutty were not being biased just being real. I like Defoe and dont mind Tottenham even though their one of our closest rivals but in my opinion Ashley Young is alot better and a more rounded player that Lennon aslo get your facts right Frutty Walcott is a natural striker, its like comparing Lennon and Bendtner :P I just cant seem to recall the day when Lennon scored a hatrick for club or country from the wings?

Ashley Young is a great Winger, yes, but I meant on the Right Wing, well Ashley can play on right too, but not so good as on Left, so on Right Lennon is the best.

Frutty were not being biased just being real. I like Defoe and dont mind Tottenham even though their one of our closest rivals but in my opinion Ashley Young is alot better and a more rounded player that Lennon aslo get your facts right Frutty Walcott is a natural striker, its like comparing Lennon and Bendtner :P I just cant seem to recall the day when Lennon scored a hatrick for club or country from the wings?
lennon scores more then bendter lol

I know lol i said that because he is used on the wings XD

This thread has gone off topic. Just a reminder that it is about the best finishers in the Premier League!

Any manager is going to praise his striker as the best finisher in England after hitting FIVE goals in a game. Only two others have managed it in the Premier League. Shearer and Cole. Defoe has joined a select few who have achieved it.

When anyone else can join that select few then good luck to them.

You guys are saying this because you are Arsenal fans and you hate our players, or you like to hate them, same with us, but this time I think Defoe is quality and he showed he can score many goals. Not only in this match, he always scored goals and I am sure he would score if he was able to play with Arsenal. And in my oppinion the best Young Winger is Lennon, way better than Walcott.

Spot on Frutty, of course we hate spurs with a passion we ARE rivals. Defoe is quality and has a good finish but so does walcott hes is qualtiy too in his unique way. No one actually answered my question..does anybody know walcott's goal rate in front of goal(meaning chances wise) roughly? i can tell you now its pretty darn impressive.

Frutty - Yes lennon is better than walcott now since lennon is on the form of his life but you you swap that around and walcott was on the form of his life then who better? walcott. Its a matter of whos got the momentum with them. You cant disagree with that Frutty?

Last edited:
This thread is not about lennon or walcott.

This thread is not about lennon or walcott.

Yep, but i wasnt the one who went off topic. The thread was about defoe being the best finisher and i quoted and said walcott was a good finisher also imo. Thats not going off topic.

I didnt bring up lennon in the first place so i take that it wasnt to me.

meh who cares debate over.

Last edited:
if harry means the whole league including foreigners then no. Torres is something else, but Defoe is right up there this season with him.

defoe? englands top finisher? what because he took his chances well against wigan... do me a favour, so i guess we arn't counting every other season where his goals to games ratio has been less than flattering?

If he hadn't scored five, this article wouldn't exist.

I think people are forgetting Ameobi again...

defoe? englands top finisher? what because he took his chances well against wigan... do me a favour, so i guess we arn't counting every other season where his goals to games ratio has been less than flattering?

I's not just that he scored five but the way in which he took them.

Back