Del Piero offers to sign 'blank' contract

I understand your point, but I still don't get why everyone randomly got on my back because I picked out a Spurs player. The example may be wrong, but not because I support Arsenal, or because he plays for Tottenham.

Any reason is a good reason to take a swing at a rival fan :p

This is what makes a club legend. Great deal of respect for this man.

I already respected him a lot. After this, my respect increases tenfold. *Salutes*

Very true, dont see why BAE should be demonised by some about it. Its a job to him as he admits, but one he tries to do at his professional best

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

You tried to single him out as if what he is doing is wrong

But it's not what the fans want to hear. Fans want players who will give their all for the club because they want it to succeed. BAE is basically saying he has no affection for Spurs, he just does it for the money. Which is completely fine, but it just seems the wrong thing to say in public. I'm sure it doesn't make Harry or the other players feel too good, and especially not the fans.

Got to love DP. I wish more players were like him. True he wouldn't have done this 10 years ago, but he still easily could have gone for one last pay packet like most players would have done. I'm sure loads of teams would have been happy to pay him a king's ransom to play for them.

But it's not what the fans want to hear. Fans want players who will give their all for the club because they want it to succeed. BAE is basically saying he has no affection for Spurs, he just does it for the money. Which is completely fine, but it just seems the wrong thing to say in public. I'm sure it doesn't make Harry or the other players feel too good, and especially not the fans.

Got to love DP. I wish more players were like him. True he wouldn't have done this 10 years ago, but he still easily could have gone for one last pay packet like most players would have done. I'm sure loads of teams would have been happy to pay him a king's ransom to play for them.

You've clearly not read the article then have you?

Lots of respect to Del Piero and also to BAE as well.

Del Piero, been at the club all his life, just wants to stay there and play at the new stadium when its built, who can blame him,and everyone wants him to stay.

BAE, Cameroon is the richest of nations, comes to France to make a better life via football. Its obviously a career choice, gets a good offer to come to the UK, to play in one of the worlds best leagues, of course you would take it. All this **** talked about players playing for the shirt etc. Everyone knows players play football because of the money, yes theres the love the the sport and being good at it, but money plays a big part of it. If it wasnt everyone would play for the team they supported as a kid if they could. Rooney would never have left Everton and all that jazz.

Major respect to Del Piero. He was one of my favourite players growing up as a kid and I remember watching him in the famous black and white stripes on knocking them in with ease, and looks like it will end that way too.

You've gotta love Del Piero. I hope he stays in the game once he retires, I get the impression he'd make a good manager.

Absolut legend, already before this. Now even more.
True love and passion for this beautiful game and his club.

Bravo Alessandro Del Piero.

Need more players like this, a definition of a legend.