Denilson: Fabregas not a leader

Don't think he is a leader in the communication sense, however he leads by example on the pitch.That is something important and Fabregas is a great captain.

Yeh, and people was blasting Balotelli for some quotes..that might be misleading. Stop believing in everything you read people.

Ironic.

Cesc Isn't a leader, thats what Arsenal seem to be lacking and I can't see you winning the league untill you get one.

Don't think he is a leader in the communication sense, however he leads by example on the pitch.That is something important and Fabregas is a great captain.

This. Leader means not someone who is vocal everytime, one who leads by example and produce moment of magic when chips are down and Fabregas ticks all the boxes.

Keane is a leader, Terry is, so was Maldini, Del Piero who are/were not vocal but did let performance do the talking.

Massivly translated wrong this is on Cesc's Twitter

Cesc_ProfileTwtt_normal.jpg

Abt what Deni said. I've been in his situation before, just a misunderstending. Now lets win tonite!

as posted before this is just a misunderstanding, nothing more. More importantly I hope Fabregas doesn't play 2nite (A)

What about the part where he said Almunia was our best keeper? Was the misquoted as well?

British club, British captain. United have adopted that, Chelsea have, Wolves have, British players understand British fans' passion

British club, British captain. United have adopted that, Chelsea have, Wolves have, British players understand British fans' passion
not true at all, passion is not a uniquely british thing at all. watch evra play for us, you tell him he doesnt understand the british passion. and our captain is a Serb, yet he encompasses that no nonsense "British" approach

Why does the captain have to be British? Surely the captain should be the best leader, that's why Chelsea and United have their captains, not because they are British...

He's an incredibly influential player no doubt about it, but I wouldn't call him a leader. I'd say RVP would be more suited.

How dumb is Denilson, there is 2 ways of leading your team .... shouting at them or the second way which cesc follows ... leading by example!

How dumb is Denilson, there is 2 ways of leading your team .... shouting at them or the second way which cesc follows ... leading by example!

*Sigh*

Mature...

He has a point, that Cesc leads through his influence on the pitch, he's not a shouter, and he's probably not a real "leader" like JT etc. but his example clearly influences players like Nasri etc. to step up to his level.

Mature...

He has a point, that Cesc leads through his influence on the pitch, he's not a shouter, and he's probably not a real "leader" like JT etc. but his example clearly influences players like Nasri etc. to step up to his level.

Denilson never said Cesc weren't a leader.

Oh right. I thought you meant *Sigh* as in: That's a rubbish argument...

My bad.

Nah, I sighed about the fact he jumped on Denilson as if he had actually critiscised Cesc. :)

Gerrard & Terry in my opinion are the best leaders in the Premiership.

I think the main reason Fabregas is captain is due to Wenger not wanting him to go. I don't think he is good enough to be a captain.

People say the Cesc isn't good enough to be captain but firstly, who else in our team should have taken over from Gallas at the time to be captain? People keep saying RVP I honestly don't know why. RVP is no doubt a very talented player but I doubt every player in the Arsenal camp likes him tbf. He's a pretty cocky **** (for want of a better word). Also untill he proves he can play a full season without a long-term injury then I don't think he should be captain. Now who else? Song? Too inconsistent. Without analysing the whole squad its clear to see who was the best choice at the time. You don't just buy a player and immedeately make him a captain, you have to hope someone already integrated into your squad has the ability to step up and be a captain.

Now people say Cesc isn't a leader and I sort of agree but he does try to take on the responsibilities of a captain. He now tries his hardest to influence the game by talking to officials, he knows it will probably make him look like a ***** on TV but he needs to try and influence the game in anyway possible. Also when we have bad performances he tries his best to take the pressure off the lads by release statement which again may make him look like a ***** but still benefit the team.

Basically I'm happy with Cesc as captain, I hope Wilshere will be the next captain, he actually does have the demeanor of a leader and hopefully he will learn the technical side of things from Cesc a long the way.

I'd agree that van Persie could be a leader, he has the reputation of that bad boy before and I am sure he'd get respected in the lacker room.