Swapping Swansea City For Tottenham Hotspur

views people. If I was to accept the tottenham offer and continue the story under this thread, how many more would follow? or shall I stick to swansea?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I need people's comments! i'm really considering leaving Swans and taking the role of Tottenham, but keeping it in this story thread. who would still follow!? PLEASE COMMENT.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

attachment.php

Carter Calls Time On Swans Career.

sky%20sports%20news.JPG

Breaking News has today revelead Carter has left his role as Swansea City Manager, after spending his last 6 years at the South Wales club who he has supported since the age of 4 years old. Carter loves the club, and has not been affriad to make it known, however he has admitted it was tough to keep himself motivated at the club and needed a new challenge.

It's likley Carter will now accept Tottenham's contract offer, who he joins with immediate effect for 3 years. The deal will last till 2017. The swans will thank Carter for his work, and Carter has made it known he may return after he has explored other possible routes he has yet to explore. Reports also suggest, backroom staff have followed Carter out of the club, but have yet to join him at Spurs. The likes of ex-Swansea legend, Lee Trundle have left the club to follow favoured Boss, Carter.

This afternoons Sun has been reporting speculation all week, and have now published the full report on today's front page.

carter%20leaves.JPG

It comes as a shock to all involved with the club and the game itself, but nobody can judge Carter after all the hard work he's done for his beloved club and has taken them further than anyone could of imagined.
A Official Statement from the club and Carter will be released shortly.

As far as this story is concerned, I am willing to continue it under this thread, who would want that or shall I start a brand new thread? Feedback please. thanks for following!

What. The. ****.

:'(

Good luck at Spurs, I guess. :mad:

Sorry dude, ha. but thing is, since FM 2010 came out, i've been doing most swansea saves, and then I've been doing this one and story since 2009 in the game and I'm now in 2014. It gets boring after a while, like burk found out when he ended his bristol city save.

I would like to know, will you follow If I do the tottenham story in the same thread? cheers!

I'll follow if it's a similar layout.

Ttitle change to: Swapping Swans for Spurs - something something something. Just an idea. ;)

Similar layout, same way how I do results. lots of detail. I enjoy stories just wasn't having the same fun with Swansea anymore! :(

Carter Brings In Backroom Staff

attachment.php

Carter Joins Tottenham Hotspur As Manager

spurs%20heading.JPG
brendan-rodgers_fists.jpg

Former Swansea City boss, Daniel Carter has left his post as Swans Boss to take up the vacant role at Tottenham. Carter signs a 3 year deal at white heart lane.

Carter takes up his new role with immediate effect, with only one day before taking his Spurs side to face Burnley at White Heart Lane on Saturday.

Carter has caused a stir by leaving Swansea, forcing Jim Magilton, Paul Hilton, Colin Pascoe, Lee Trundle, Mervyn Day & Gary Speed to leave the club. It's likley Carter will sign all For Spurs.

Carter has already taken sharp steps towards his back room staff, releasing former assistant manager, Bond through mutal termination, and looks to bring in Jim Magilton as his new assistant boss.

------------------

An Official Statement from the club chairman, Daniel Levy said the following:-

"Daniel Carter has agreed to become the new tottenham boss, and will take charge against Burnley on Saturday. Carter is a hard working manager, who will look to bring success to Spurs. He is a man of his own word, and promises great things for us, and I firmly believe what he's done with Swansea underlines that."

Carter admitted the task ahead would be tough, but it's something he relishes..

----------------------

attachment.php

Carter Re-Signs Faithful Backroom Team

trunds%20&%20speed.JPG

Gary Speed & Lee Trundle are 2 of the 5 staff who join.

Tottenham Hotspur have today confirmed the signings of ex-backroom staff of Swansea City FC. A string of staff left Swansea, following Carter and have now been snapped up for Spurs.

Jim Magilton joins as the new assistant manager with Trundle, Pascoe, Hilton joining as first team and normal coaching roles, however Bond, Les Ferdinand, Neil Bailey and Inglethorpe have all had contracts terminated by Carter.

Carter shows his deterimination to make Spurs "his club" and hopefully this will aid them on their way. Carter refused to rule out any transfer targets or any transfer budgets until all was sorted.

Last edited:
Good twist mate I know what you mean after spening so long at one club. Good luck at Spurs. I will as always follow :D

You are not another Mark Hughes are you. I hope you don't take all your old players or staff from your old club. Maybe experiement on other players. Look for a lad called Alipio.

Cheers Burk, and SwineFlu I am not a mark hughes, ha however, I feel the staff members who leave my club to follow me, show enough loyalty to be brought to which ever club I go to next, just like swansea's ex-manager in real life, Paulo Sousa left to join Leicester, taking his assistant manager with him who he also had at QPR. Thanks for following!

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

First monthly update on the way shortly, along with transfer target rumours.

really good twist m8, hopefully u can have the same success at spurs that u had at swansea good luck m8.

April Update

attachment.php

Good First Month For Carter: April Update

15-07-09+Reading+5+V+1+Didcot+Town.jpg

New Tottenham Boss, Daniel Carter celebrated his first month in charge, after claiming 8 points out of 12, with two draws and two victories.

Carter joined the club when they sat in 7th position, and has now taken them to 1 point behind 5th. Carter will be pleased with his side's performances until now, hwoever Carter has added the squad needs "massive" improvements during the close season. He hightlighted that he needs to bring two defenders, a new centre midfield player and two strikers.

Carter started his reign with a match, 1 day after being appointed against Burnley. The game was a tough, close game and ended as a 0-0 draw. Carter then took his side to Cravern Cottage to face Fulham, and came away with a much deserved 2-1 victory.

View attachment 100893

The remaining points came from a 2-0 victory against Everton at The Lane, which was showed across the globe on Sky Sports 1. Many people seeing glimpses of the same passing Carter installed at Swansea. The Spurs then had a tough away fixture against Manchester City, in which they dominated until late on ending in a 1-1 draw.

An Overall good month for Carter, who's side lie currently in 6th place in the league table looking to break into the top 5.

League Table:-
View attachment 100895

attachment.php

Carter Completes First 6 Games In Charge

150px-Tottenham_Hotspur_Badge.png

Daniel Carter has today completed his first 6 games in charge since leaving South Wales club, Swansea City, ending the season in 6th place.

Carter took over with only 6 games remaining and had the task of getting Spurs into the Euro Positions, as Champions League Qualification was out of the picture. Carter completed the task, finishing in a respectful 6th place, gaining Euro Football next year.

Carter claimed victories against Fulham, Everton and Sunderland while draws came against Burnley, Man City and Arsenal. Carter now has a couple of weeks before he takes his spurs side for a whole season in the premier league.

---------------------------------

Transfer In-Comings/Out-Goings Soon Along With Pre-Season...

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

attachment.php

Tottenham Complete Transfer Signings

article-1024283-017CE18900000578-14_468x387.jpg

Jo is one of Tottenham's signings.

Tottenham have today confirmed their transfer targets for the new season, as well as letting a few players leave the club.

Stong, advanced striker, Jo has signed from Manchester City for 4.8M on 3 year deal, as Carter admitted the strike force needed a lot of work.

Carter has also brought in Celtic playmaker, Shaun Maloney for a over-priced 7M but Carter has full faith in his new recruit. Florent Molouda, who was released from Chelsea signs on a free transfer also.

Unknown, young centre back, Paul Brouwer has signed a 3 year deal for a fee of 4.7M to take the total spendings to 16.5M

----------------------

As well as bringing in 4 new faces, Tottenham have left a few players leave the club. Fabian Lustenburger leaves the club for a whopping 19.75M to free-spending Man City, while Phil Wright and Antonio German leave the club to join Nottingham Forrest on loan.

Iain Turner and Darryl Harrison leave also on loan to Bolton and Wigan. Carter has said to be happy in the market, although may be looking to add a few new faces in the loan market.

View attachment 101017

Last edited:
Good updates and signings. Hope you have found your motivation again with spurs? what age is jo in your game?

Good updates and signings. Hope you have found your motivation again with spurs? what age is jo in your game?

I have indeed mate, enjoying it again now! Jo is only aged 27, so a bargain deal for 4.8M I think..

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

attachment.php

Pre-Season Updates

150px-Tottenham_Hotspur_Badge.png

Tottenham have today rounded up only three of their pre-season fixtures, with many fans wondering why hardly any fixtures were arranged, although they did trounce to three out of three victories with high scores in a few.

Carter has said to be confident for the new season, and is relishing the challenge and feels fully confident his team can perform to get a victory against The Hammers.

pre-season.JPG

Spurs go into the new season with a game against West Ham on Saturday as Carter prepares for his first full season in charge and hopes to get off to a winning start.

In other news, Carter has decided that Robbie Keane will captain the side, with Gomes the reserve captain. Carter has also announced the signing of on-loan striker, Badr Armani on a end of season loan.

attachment.php

August Update

Ashley%20Young%20England.jpg

Ashley Young scored 4 goals in 2 games.

Daniel Carter has enjoyed the most enjoyable start to his Spurs reign, not loosing a game during his 5 games in charge and winning 4 of them.

Carter started his reign with an away fixture against West Ham United, which proved to be a easy test for Spurs, who came away with a 3-0 victory, Eljero Elia and Jo (2) getting the goals. Tottenham then moved onto a Euro Qualifier match against Charleroi, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

View attachment 101059
Charleroi 1-1 Tottenham

-------------------------------

Next up was an emotional return for Carter against his former club, and the team he supports. Swansea visited the Lane, but Carter proved to be too strong for his love team and the game ended 3-0. Carter looked depressed at the end of the game, but said times move on and he's happy to be at Tottenham although he wouldn't be too unhappy to see Swansea do well either..

View attachment 101058
Tottenham 3-0 Swansea

The remaining two fixtures.. a victory in the second leg against Charleroi which ended 2-0 ensured Tottenham advance and a 3-2 victory against Palace ensured Spurs won all of their opening premier league fixtures.

The key player of the month was Ashley Young, who scored 4 goals in 2 games, after being on the bench for the rest, but when starting he managed to gain 4 goals to his name.

View attachment 101060

attachment.php

September Update

ipswich2_16519t.jpg

Ipswich celebrate the victory against Tottenham

In a mixed month for Spurs, Dan Carter managed to notch up 2 wins, a draw and 2 loses. The most shocking defeat came against Ipswich Town in the League Cup 3rd Round. Spurs started the month with a draw against Hull City, at The KC Stadium, and it turned out to be a tough draw, Ashley Young scoring in 92 minutes.

Spurs then took on Liverpool At Anfield, and managed to secure a 1-0 victory with a strong defence. Alan Hutton scoring the goal on half time. A much needed victory, which took spurs up to 3rd in the table.

Next up was a league cup match against Ipswich, which ended in a shocking defeat but much deserved by Ipswich, who stole the lead on 84 minutes to win the game 2-1. Man City followed, and Tottenhams poor play from the previous match carried into this and Spurs got trounced 3-0 by City.

A mixed month for Carter's men, but will be looking to improve for the next match against Moscow.

View attachment 101268

Game Updates

From now on, I will be posting matchly updates rather than Monthly updates, It gives more information and it's more fun to read! thanks for following.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

attachment.php

Spurs dominate to claim victory in Euro Cup

article-0-04F77598000005DC-251_468x286.jpg

Robbie Keane scores the penalty after coming off the bench for Spurs
Tottenham 2-0 Lokomotiv Moscow
Alan Hutton (43) Robbie Keane (Pen, 78)

Tottenham today celebrated a 2-0 victory in the Euro Cup against Lokomotiv Moscow. A Comfortable 2-0 victory ensured that Spurs proceed.

Tottenham will be very happy with their performance, after they dominated from start to finish, although the game got off to a slow start. Spurs finally took the lead when a corner was whipped in which met the head of Alan Hutton at the back post, to give Spurs a 1-0 lead at the break, which surly made Carter's team talk that little easier.

The second half started brightly, with Tottenham taking a staggering 15 shots with 6 of them on target. Tottenham grabbed their second when a long through ball found Peter Crouch who was bundled over in the box for a Penalty. Up stepped substitute and captain, Robbie Keane, to place the ball pinpoint in the top corner and give Spurs a much deserved victory.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:26 PM ----------

attachment.php

Bore draw between Spurs & West Brom

Tottenham+Hotspur+v+West+Bromwich+Albion+Premier+y0Sq497ibtWl.jpg

Spurs In Action Against WBA
Tottenham 0-0 West Brom

Tottenham and West Brom were unable to claim a victory during their premier league encounter, both cancelling each other out forcing a bore draw.

West Brom arrived at White Heart Lane, not knowing what to expect as Tottenham had started brilliantly, but they left the stadium a very happy team. Containing Spurs for most of the game, no team were unable to break eachother down and a draw seemed a fair result.

A strong Brom defence kept out the attacks from Robbie Keane & Ashley Young which left Carter bitterly disappointed at the end of the game.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

attachment.php

Tottenham And Chelsea In Sensational Draw

1111564461-soccer-barclays-premier-league-chelsea-v-tottenham-hotspur-stamford-bridge.jpg

Tottenham and Chelsea draw at the Lane

Tottenham 2-2 Chelsea
Eljero Elia (51), Peter Crouch (77) - Joe Cole (65), Michael Essien (75)

Neither Tottenham Or Chelsea could cause a upset this afternoon at White Heart Lane with Tottenham arguably the better side.
Tottenham took the lead on 51 minutes, after injured Jo was substituted by Eljero Elia, who struck a 25 yard strike from the edge of the box which found the corner of Cech's net. It required a Joe Cole free-kick on the edge of the box to get a goal back, before Essien curled the ball around Gomes to put Chelsea Ahead.

It looked like a victory for Chelsea, before Crouch was brought on to form a 4-3-3 formation who struck on 77 minutes to claim a draw for Spurs.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

attachment.php

Aberdeen no match for Spurs

_41707186_crouchrobo63416300.jpg

Crouch celebrated scoring 2 goals for Spurs

Aberdeen 0-3 Tottenham
Badr Armani (1), Peter Crouch (28, 54)

Aberdeen were no match for Premier League side Tottenham this afternoon during their Euro Cup clash, Spurs dominating till the end.

Tottenham left Scotland after romping Aberdeen 3-0, which meant Tottenham consolidated their position at the top of the table with 3 games, 3 victories, 9 points. Tottenham have been exceptional in the cup, and look easy favourites to proceed.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

attachment.php

Carter Angry At Continued Draws

Aston+Villa+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+Premier+League+JhwTO_nYkUIl.jpg

Bassong In Action Against Villa

Aston Villa 0-0 Tottenham

Manager Daniel Carter was left angry after Tottenham claimed their third league draw in a row after beating Aberdeen in their previous fixture.

Tottenham drawed yet another fixture, and Carter in unsure why. Carter added the performances are brilliant, but lack that cutting edge upfront and aims to sort it out shortly.

In other news, Gabby Aboglanhor has been linked with the club, and could solve Carter's problems.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

attachment.php

Tottenham Beat Aberdeen And Qualify In Euro Cup

robbie-keane-tottenham-celebrate.jpg

Brilliant scenes as Tottenham celebrate

Tottenham 2-0 Aberdeen
Wilson Palacios (57) Eljero Elia (61)

Tottenham celebrated today at White Heart Lane as they qualified for Group G in the Euro Cup, many hoping Tottenham can go all the way.

Carter today pleased fans with a 2-0 victory over Aberdeen in the second leg, forcing a 4-0 agg result. Carter takes his men into the Euro Cup after qualifying. A brilliant solo effort from Wilson Palacios helped them to victory along with a 1-v-1 attack for Elia to wrap up the victory.

---------------------------------------

Help Needed?!

I am thinking of closing this story now, as said above and re-making a new one. Due to I have left Swansea, I feel the original point of the story has been defeated with me taking spurs.

I would like to ask all of you FM user's, if you would follow a brand new story as possibly England? or shall I choose a club? please let me know..

Last edited:
i will defo follow ur next story i would rather you chose a club but its really up to you mate, i loved this story, especially the swansea part .. hope your back with a story your enjoying doing soon mate!

Hi dude, stay online for the next 10 minutes or so. and I will send you a PM. I have chosen a new club, and a new story OP has been posted, awaiting mods approval now!

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:42 PM ----------

Started a new story at Blackpool, can a moderator close this please? thanks!

new story:- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/blackpool-fc-tangerines-flyin-high-t45714.html