Chelsea stuck in a German rut
View attachment 231711
Chelsea will aim to succeed by overturning a first-leg deficit against German opposition in order to reach the finals of the UEFA Champions League.

The task facing Chelsea is slightly less daunting after a 3-2 defeat away by Bayern Muchen in their first meeting, with Daniel Sturridge and Frank Lampard having scored two potentially vital away goals.

It leaves the Blues needing just a 2-0 win to qualify; however, Bayern will be mindful of the indecisive performance.

In the build-up to the game, Chelsea captain John Terry has stressed player power was not behind the removal of Villas-Boas and is hoping for one of the greatest nights in Chelsea's history.

Long-term solution?
Lewis Rutledge looks at Chelsea's revival under Roberto Di Matteo and considers whether he could make a case for the permanent manager's job that is impossible to overlook
View attachment 231734
When Andre Villas-Boas became the latest manager to be shown the Stamford Bridge exit door just a couple of weeks, Chelsea declared that it was their 'only option' to make a change to maintain their challenge on two fronts this season.

Anxious to keep their UEFA Champions League dream alive and absolutely desperate to finish in the top four of the Premier League, perhaps they had a big name lined up to come in straight away and clear up the mess they felt they were in.

That was not the case, though. Instead, Roberto Di Matteo was promoted from first-team coach to interim manager until the end of the campaign, with the club effectively biding their time until a more high-profile figure becomes available in the summer and hoping for a remarkable upturn in the meantime.

A new boss can often have a galvanising effect on the fortunes of a team and that has certainly been true of the Blues over the past couple of weeks, but is Di Matteo capable of building something more long-lasting?

The Italian says he has not thought for a second about asking for the position on a permanent basis and he is staying focused for the moment on one game at a time, an approach which has so far yielded four wins out of four.
Di Matteo's reign started with a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Wolves, before a 2-0 win at away to Arsenal that boosted their bid for fourth place in the Premier League.

With two potentially tricky fixtures negotiated it was time for the first big test of Di Matteo's credentials, as Chelsea took to the field against Porto in the Champions League aiming to overturn a 1-1 deficit and make it through to another European quarter-final.

Di Matteo’s unbeaten premier league run has also kept Chelsea fans full of hope only 3 points behind third place Fulham. The win against Bolton certainly helped keep the idea of forth place in all the heads and hearts of the blues supporters.

Terry: One of our best nights ever

View attachment 231738
Chelsea completed a remarkable comeback to win 5-2 on the night and 7-5 on aggregate, becoming only the fourth team in Champions League history to overcome a two-goal first-leg defeat.
"This could top them all, for sure," Captain John Terry told ITV. "The lads put in a great display, really solid, really resilient, with the firepower going forward.

"We proved we're a team tonight. That desire, that togetherness.

"We showed what Chelsea are made of."

They were pushed all the way into the second leg by Bayern in a classic encounter at Allianz as Chelsea became England's first representatives in the final with Manchester City in action tomorrow against Lyon.

It was Didier Drogba that took center stage putting away four, then Juan Mata scored to take the prize of a final.
The victory sent the Chelsea fans wild and was a huge result for stand-in boss Roberto Di Matteo.

Drogba headed home powerfully in the 28th minute to bring Allianz to life and give Chelsea hope of a brilliant fightback.

Drogba then sent Chelsea's fans into dreamland with a powerful header to put his side two up after 37 minutes and on course to go through..

Di Matteo celebrated in manic style, sparking memories of David Pleat or even Jose Mourinho as he ran to hug every Chelsea player, leaping into the arms of many of them.

Lampard has no doubt Chelsea can be competitive against the best in Europe, with the draw against either Man City or Lyon.

"We're just happy to be in the final," he said. "We'll enjoy tonight and wait and see. If we play with that ability and desire, we can take on anybody."

Lampard saluted Drogba for his one man show.
"He finished it unbelievably, like a striker should really," he said. "He deserved that, he was fantastic on the night and was a symbol of the determination we showed the way he played.

"It was important we showed a desire and spirit to keep ourselves in the competition. It's been a difficult season but a performance like that can change things for us."

Di Matteo added: "It was a fantastic game to watch. We knew it would take a lot to go through, the performance of the whole team was outstanding."

EVEN CHELSEA'S RIVALS JOIN IN THE CELEBRATIONS VIA TWITTER

Joey Barton: “Fancied Chelsea tonight, had a massive task and pulled it off. Fair play RDM. Bayern did themselves proud mind.”

Jack Wilshere: “Just jumped up when Drogba scored! I want Chelsea through. English and proud! Come on you blues! Great result for Chelsea, flying the English flag high in this year’s champions league! Shame we couldn’t join them, was so close!”

Piers Morgan: “That’s why Lampard should start for England in the Euros. Ice cool under red hot pressure. Would take him at Arsenal any day. Actually want Chelsea to win. Quite extraordinary, disturbing emotion.”

Gary Neville: “Big night for Chelsea and a performance that looked impossible 3 months ago. Luiz, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba all at their best!”

Tottenham 4 - 2 Chelsea
View attachment 231752
Gareth Bale produced a master class to torture Premier league strugglers Chelsea as Tottenham took a giant stride towards Reaching the Champions League.

Ledley King opened the scoring for the highflying Spurs, with Sandro adding before the half time whistle. Then Jermaine Defoe opened the second half scoring tally taking his total to eight for the season.

Frank Lampard rallied the troops by scoring on the 66th​ minute, while Daniel Sturridge added in what looked like a Chelsea comeback.

That was flattened by Tom Huddleston’s memorial strike in extra time, that pushed Tottenham to third and Chelsea down to seventh.

Chelsea end season on high hopes
View attachment 231755
Chelsea end the Premiership season on high hopes by beating Stoke 2-0. The next game for Chelsea to look forward too is the Champions League final.

Chelsea who finished 6th​ in the Premiership which is the worst since Roman Abramovich took over as chairman and looking forward to the clash.

Chelsea captain John Terry, who is missing the game due to injury said this “we’ve been looking forward to this moment since we beat Bayern”. “it’s going to be a tough game but were all confident that we can win”.

Chelsea now have the challenge awaits that is City.
View attachment 231757

Chelsea earn dramatic Euro glory
View attachment 231758
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
Man City 2-2 Chelsea
Chelsea win 3-2 on penalties

Chelsea won the Champions League by beating City 3-2 on penalties after a dramatic 2-2 draw.
Juan Angel Roman headed City in front after 7 minutes but City then Doubled the lead.

Sturridge and Mata hit the back of the net before the fulltime whistle.

Zabaleta missed his penalty, but Lukaku hit the back of the net.

It sparked wild celebrations for Roberto Di Matteo and his players in the German rain as Chelsea won Europe's elite trophy for the first time.
View attachment 231759

Good cup win, your in the champions league next season right? And do you have a contract running out like RDM does in real life?

Roberto Di Matteo: New GB Coach

View attachment 231984

Roberto Di Matteo has taken the chance to lead the GB team in the Olympics. This comes as a shock because many thought it would bean English manager taking the reins.

RDM had this to say “I’d like to take the chancenow to say i promise glory, i promise silverware, the team is going to consistof players from each nation.”

“We have to look at the talent from all over we have players like David Beckham, Aaron Ramsey, so the pickings are going to betough.”

RDM is currently at Chelsea but with his contract ending soon many fans will be hopeful he gets the full time job.

Last edited:
Di Matteo gets the contract

View attachment 231997

RDM today got the contract he worked for. Roman Abramovich today offered Di Matteo a contract he couldn’t say no too.

Di Matteo signed the contract without hesitation, he lead Chelsea to a European dream by winning the Champions League which so many tried and failed.

Mourinho had this to say “i think it’s a remarkable achievement by Roberto Di Matteo, for a manager who only got the job on a stand in phase to win the greatest prize in modern day football, well done.”

Ferguson also said this “Well done RDM, nothing better than winning the Champions League, it’s quite possibly the greatest achievement in anyone’s career.”

Last edited:
Chelsea seal £30m Hamsik deal as Napoli attackerfinally says yes to Blues move
View attachment 232028
Marek Hamsik should finally become a Chelseaplayer after his £30million move from Napoli was settled last night.

The Slovakia attacker, aged 24, agreed tosign a £30m contract that runs until 2017 after talks with Blues' chiefexecutive Ron Gourlay.

He will put pen to paperon a five-year contract worth believed to be worth £145,000 a week

Team GB Announced

Roberto Di Matteo today announced which players he would be playing at the Olympics. Di Matteo promised trophies for England this season and with the look of his squad looks like he won’t fail.

View attachment 232195
Former England captain David Beckham is back in England Prepping himself and the team as they take on the likes of Solomon Islands, South Korea and Uruguay in the group stages.

All of the United Kingdom is behind RDM as they hope he keeps his promise and win the competition.

Hamsik, brilliant signing! Once I did a story and I got the GB post, but failed, hope you do better!

RDM: I told you all

View attachment 232312

View attachment 232313View attachment 232314

Roberto Di Matteo guided his United Kingdom team to 5 wins and a draw to get team GB to win the Olympics.

Wayne Rooney being top scorer got hit by a pulled Achilles tendon and missed the rest of the tournament, but with Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck on the sidelines RDM had more than enough cover.

RDM said this “i promised the UK i was the right man for the job and i proved to them i was, i believed with the squad in depth i could take the UK to the chosen path.”

Brilliant performance by everyone in the team and a brilliant way for David Beckham to prove to current England manager Stuart Pearce that he still has what it takes.