Die Wölfe Are On The Hunt- A Wolfsburg Story

Paul Howard

Reaction score
View attachment 223300

Felix Magath Given the Axe

View attachment 223298

Today breaking news from sky sports news is that Wolfsburg manager Felix Magath has been sacked. Felix was known as a strict disciplinarian handing out fines reaching whopping sums of 10,000 euros to striker Patrick Helmes for not working hard enough. However the players went collectively to the boardroom led by their new captain and prized possession Christian Träsch and demanded the removal of of Felix from his post. Not wanting to cause a feud in the club the board granted the request and gave Felix his marching orders. It has come as a massive shock to all those involved at the club as Felix was and still remains the only man to ever lift the Bundesliga title as a manager of Wolfsburg. With such big boots to fill Wolfsburg are expected to move quickly in assigning a new manager but will inevitably want someone with a lesser ego to prevent yet more changing room bust ups.

View attachment 223303
Whose going to get the Wolfsburg Job?

Today here at sky bet we can offer you the latest odds on who is favourite to take over the reigns at the vacant managerial post at Wolfsburg FC in the German Bundesliga.

Bernd Strange 6/4

View attachment 223310

The Belarusian manager may be tempted to quit his role to take charge at Wolfsburg and here at Sky Bet we have him down as our favourite to take over.

Matthias Sammer 9/4

View attachment 223311
The former director of football for the Country and successful manager at European level with Dortmund Matthias Sammer is our second favourite to receive the nod from the board and may be the ideal candidate for the job with his current unemployment.

Pierre Littbarski 11/4

View attachment 223313

The current Assistant manager seems like the ideal candidate for the job with no ego to be used against the players and has great knowledge of the side after being at the side since 2010.

Louis van Gaal 20/1

View attachment 223312

Van Gaal is believed to be great friends with the owner at Wolfsburg which has given him in our eyes an outside shot at the job however he is a strong character and this does not really meet the criteria Wolfsburg appear to be searching for.

View attachment 223324

Wolfsburg Stick to Their Word

Wolfsburg have definitely stuck to their intentions and have signed a manager that will have no ego as he is utterly unknown. The New manager Adam Howard is a young boy with big dreams and has been thrown straight in at the deep end. It is understood that he got the job after long time family friend and ex-Wolfsburg manager Steve McLaren put a good word in for him with the big man at the top of the tree. Despite Steve McLaren not being very successful at Wolfsburg he was greatly backed by the board before his sacking and is understood to remain good friends with the owner to this day. This influence was understood to be key in Adam Howard getting the job and the young manager has given a statement to the press.

"It is a pleasure for me to come out and speak to you. I would like to first thank Steve McLaren for the help he has given me in receiving this role. The owner has made his intentions for the club clear and has made it paramount that I help the club quality for a continental competition this season. This is no easy goal but I have been given funds to use if I need to and also have a fantastic squad at my disposal here. The language barrier is one of the many issues I will have to pass whilst my time here in Wolfsburg and after studying German in school I have basic knowledge of the Language and I believe I have some of the key basics in vocabulary to get me started straight away. I would like to assure the fans that even though I am unproven as a manager at any level I believe I have got what it takes to revive Wolfsburg and make them the great club they can be."

The New Manager Refuses Press Conference but Agrees to Speak to the Fans in a Question and Answer Session on the Social Networking Site Twitter

View attachment 223329

Adam Howard - Followers 1,672

11:15 - Adam Howard - Hello Fans of Wolfsburg. I am going to be here for the Next 30 minutes to answer any of the questions you would like to know. Firstly I would like to say that I will not be ignoring the press for every press conference but I believe addressing the fans first is my priority.

11:18 - Hans1842 - Hello Adam I am really looking forward to see how you get on in the job. I would like to ask are their any players you are currently watching?

11:19 - Adam Howard - Hello Hans I would love to tell you some of the players I am watching but if I do their is a chance other clubs will get them before us however is can assure you I am watching very good players with my scouts to find the best players suitable for the club.

11:27 - Lars_2009 - Guten Tag Adam ! You seem a very friendly man, what tactic do you intend using at Wolfsburg?

11:29 - Adam Howard - Hello Lars, i believe it is too early to make a final decision like this but I intend to make sure whatever tactic I use that it suits the players and that they will be able to control the matches and score plenty of goals to entertain the fans.

11:36 - Chris-Charles -
Hello Adam, I am a big Bundesliga fan and I know it is a difficult league to break into so good luck. I was wondering after the last bust up at the club ran by the captain,
Christian Träsch
will he still be your captain after this display of disloyalty?

11:38 - Adam Howard - Christian is a fantastic player that has so much quality to be utilised. Without a doubt Christian will remain my captain as this is the type of leadership the club needs and if he has the guts to do it then he will be fantastic leader.

11:42 John_k1987 -
Recently as I am sure you know Wolfsburg has been labelled an unstable club that buys and sells starting 11's if they do not work out. Will this be something you will carry on doing?

11:44 - Adam Howard -
No. That was something I really should have said earlier. This club is in need of some urgent stability and this is something I want to give the club. This does not mean signings will not be made but it will not be a full 11 that moves every season.

11:45 - Adam Howard -
This concludes my twitter Q&A session I hope you all enjoyed it and if you did let me know and I can arrange another.

Last edited:
Pre-Season was Poor

View attachment 223406

This pre season was dreadful. Yes there was only one loss and yes we kept 3 clean sheets but all of the teams other than arsenal should have been a walk in the park for us. We are a European standard team and these performances warrant little more than a

mid-table side. As of yet I have struggled to win over the players with very little response from team talks and this may be due to my past experience being nothing but they must learn to respect I am their manager and they must play my way and by my rules.

Transfers

View attachment 223410

Transfers were always going to be paramount to the clubs success this year and with no work permits needed for the Bundesliga I began searching for players that would be available to me but not to other countries. South Africa was a country that always offers great talents for little prices and this was definitely the case in the two players i picked up from that region. Both Tshabalala and Jali offered exactly what the team needed, fresh legs and enthusiasm. This has given much more options with more strength in depth and some players that want to prove their worth at the highest of levels.

View attachment 223412View attachment 223413

The rest of my transfers were to be important signings as well with no less than 4 more additions. Belluschi, Kara, Jenssen and Vrsaljko all were fantastic additions to the squad. All appear to be in my immediate plans and will slot into place into the starting 11 if not the bench. If the current players do not like this they must work hard to earn their way back into the team as currently they have not been performing.

View attachment 223416View attachment 223417View attachment 223418View attachment 223419

More Transfers

View attachment 223457

Well when I said the transfer period would be busy I did not have this much business in mind. First off my squad was not performing my overpaid strikers were 100% layabouts and I was not standing for it, this resulted in the sale of one of my prized assets, Mandzukic. He was simply overpaid and under performing. Having him off the wage bill can only be described as a huge relief and I would not be surprised come January their is more of a clear out with the money grabbers. With the extra funds and need for some attacking prowess I delved into the market and looked in the Colombian national team to find Hugo Rodallega a Wigan athletic player I really admire. However his price was a huge put down but while searching the team I found what can only be described as a bargain. Quintero was a fantastic find and for 2.5 million pounds I was delighted.

View attachment 223459

Secondly I was in short supply of wingers after Tshabalala suffered an injury and my other wingers not making the cut I began the hunt for some expert wingers. Now from personal knowledge I know Marco Reus was always something special and I thought a target out of my reach with the likes of Borrusia Dortmund and Bayern Munich sniffing around but I managed to pick him up for 15 million pounds. Seems like a lot? Well let me tell you a talent like him is worth every penny he has not shone so far since his arrival but its only a matter of time before he becomes a Wolfsburg legend. The second winger I bought was Djuric a find of my scout and I have to say he will be definitely rewarded for this Gem. He was cheap for the quality he possesses at just 4.3 million pounds and is yet another great addition to the squad. With all the purchases made I believe I know have a squad capable of achieving great things.

View attachment 223455View attachment 223456

Next update is the first month of the season.​

August 2011

View attachment 223467

What a first month in management. Mostly ups but there were some downs in their. The win in the German cup was good yes but the performance was poor we dominated the game but when it came to the final third I might has well of not had a striker. Luckily it went to penalties and we got the win but overall the opposition deserved to progress much more than us and I made that clear to the players

View attachment 223469

Our first game of the Bundesliga was against Kaiserslautern, a very strong side with many good players that could cause us problems. I must admit from the sidelines it looked like we were never going to score but youngster Jonsson popped up with a goal and we managed to see out the win. Overall a very pleasing result but a few attacking problems had to be resolved.

View attachment 223470

Next up was the game against Werder Bremen but I will come back to that in Performance of the month.

After Werder Bremen we had a home tie against Hertha BSC. A strong side with some very good attacking players but i was confident going into the game of a win and my players did not disappoint. They showed just that difference in class in the end and that's what carried us over the final whistle with the 3 points.

View attachment 223471

Our last game of the month was against another in form side FC Koln. I knew before the game Lukas Podolski was going to be the one to watch and despite the orders to control him he was impossible to stop. Both of his goals and one of Kevin McKenna secured a narrow 3-2 victory for FC Koln. Our first loss of the season but not our worst performance.

View attachment 223472

View attachment 223473

View attachment 223474VView attachment 223475

This was not our highest scoring game or our most entertaining but it was a massive achievement for Wolfsburg. Werder Bremen are predicted by the media to finish in the 3rd position and a victory over them looked to never be on the cards. I set my team up to defend and hopefully come away with a point but it seems like Werder Bremen went also very defensive despite being the bigger team and at home. My team took full advantage of this and managed to secure a 1-0 win. This is a great portrayal of what the team is capable to beat a team that is tipped for title contention away from home is massive and with this on our shoulders the team will feel they can conquer any team and that cannot be a bad thing.

View attachment 223476

Please let me know what you think of this layout and any suggestions to improve it.

Last edited:
September 2011

View attachment 223482

The first game of the month came against the leagues early pace setters Schalke. Schalke had not scored many goals at this point but had only conceded one goal in their first 4 games but then they came up against us. We were expecting nothing from this game before hand I admit that but when we went onto the pitch I had that feeling in my stomach that we were going to get something and I was right. A draw is 1 point gained and not 2 points lost in my opinion against such a strong team it is the least I could ask for from the team.

View attachment 223484

Our second game of the season had much more relevance to one man in the squad than any other. It was the controversial return to Monchengladbach for Marco Reus. However he was unable to be named in the squad as he is still recovering from his minor injury. I expected a draw as a minimum from this game I admit they are a side that are not as big as us and this is the type of game we should be winning if we want to challenge the continent on the big stage. Despite this a point away from home is acceptable and we will use this to springboard on.

View attachment 223489

View attachment 223491

View attachment 223493VView attachment 223492

What a performance. The only downside was conceding two goals but what a performance from our striker Quintero. A hat-trick is just the type of performance we need from our striker and he is very quickly becoming a fan hero scoring many of our goals this season already. Without a doubt this game was easier than the scoreline suggests and we did not deserve to concede those two goals but we learn and move on.

View attachment 223490

i think it needs more of a story and i like the tweeter thing

October 2011

View attachment 223513

First game of the month spells success for the season, a poor performance with a good result. 3 points is the key to football and no matter how bad you play the sign of a great team is to pick up the 3 points no matter how they do it. Super sub Tshabalala comes off the bench to score a stoppage time winner and give us a valuable 3 points.

View attachment 223514

Second game of the season if I am honest is the worst game of my managerial career so far. The game was one I put a point on the calendar for at the start of the season and with such a horrible defensive display I did not deserve to get any points. Mainz were ruthless and made me pay for my poor display and the club have to learn from this.

View attachment 223515

Now this months game of the month was a hard decision and this one was definitely a close second. Hamburg were bottom of the league and win less all season. I smelt success despite the quality they possess. My team was defiantly ruthless and gave Hamburg and there manager no favours. Hamburg's manager was then sacked after the thrashing at the hands of my side.

View attachment 223516

After some fantastic results this month and sitting in the top 4 of the table I thought a win against Hoffenheim was possible. I underestimated the quality they possess and the club is really missing Quintero during his short term injury so we were struggling for goals and no one stepped up to the mark hence we could not score and were punished by a well drilled Hoffenheim side.

View attachment 223517

View attachment 223520

View attachment 223511VView attachment 223512

Now the German cup was said to me at the start of the season to be a key part of Wolfsburg season and the board told me I had to reach a minimum of the semi final. When we drew Dortmund in the 2nd round I thought that's the end of that then. With Quintero injured and Helmes not finding his form we needed someone to step up to the plate and Djuric was that man his brace along with a goal from Jonsson we secured our place in the next round of the German cup despite the odds.

View attachment 223518

View attachment 223519

i think it needs more of a story and i like the tweeter thing

Thanks for the feedback its more than welcome could you explain what sort of thing you mean and I will look to incorporate it into the story :)

November 2011

View attachment 223569

Without a doubt the best month of my managerial career so far. 3 of the 4 best teams in the league in one month seemed unfair but Bayern Munich have been struggling so far this season with Robben and Olic the only stand out performers. I fancied my chances of a draw but a win and one that was relatively comfortable was something I could never have hoped for.

View attachment 223570

The second game of the month was a fortnight later and with such a rest for the players I possessed some confidence of a win here. It was a game of set pieces with all the goals coming from either corners or free kicks. I underestimated the physical strength of Leverkusen and they punished me so I need to learn from this mistake along with the squad and move on.

View attachment 223571

View attachment 223574

View attachment 223576VView attachment 223575

Game of the month without a doubt this week was that against Dortmund. Having a match against Dortmund as game of the month may have been an omen and this is some victory this time round in the league. I have to admit the scoreline is flattering with goal line clearances from the lads keeping us in the game. But finally Marco Reus came up big and scored his first Hat-trick for the club to seal a 4-0 win. Outstanding!

View attachment 223572

View attachment 223573

December 2011

View attachment 223595

My first unbeaten month in charge of Wolfsburg. It took a while to arrive but the draw was kind to me and all the fixtures I had competitively in December were more than winnable and the team gave no hand outs and deserved the wins with dominant performances in all of the games.

Our first game of the month was up against a weak Augsburg side rooted to the bottom of the table. Despite being away from home I expected a comfortable win and the team did not let me down.

View attachment 223593

After Stuttgart which is this months game of the month we had a tricky encounter away to Nurnberg. A strong side that is more that capable of causing an upset and went very close to in this game but the difference in class was just to much and the boys managed to pick up a valuable 3 points.

View attachment 223592

Our final game of the month was up against Kaiserslautern in the German Cup. This cup is high on my priorities and I made sure the boys knew this and sent them out to win. It was not the most comfortable of games considering possession but we had the majority of the chances despite failing to take them Kyrgiakos came up with the goods and his goal was enough to separate both teams.

View attachment 223591

View attachment 223598

View attachment 223589VView attachment 223590

Now Game of the month this week was a difficult decision with a flawless month meaning any of the games was a real contender. However the win against Stuttgart stood out as a major win as they were predicted by the media as a team that would be fighting for European places with us and a win over them shows how far the team has come so far this season.

View attachment 223594

View attachment 223596

Last edited:
Deutsche Pokal

View attachment 223599

The Deutsche Pokal draw was the main event of the calendar in December and as my team are still in the draw i attended the event to witness the draw for the quarter final.
View attachment 223600

Hello and welcome to the 2012 Deutsche Pokal quarter final draw. The balls to watch out for in the draw are:

1. FC Koln - the four time winners that have not lifted the trophy since 1983
2. FC Stuttgart - the three times winners and runners up in 2007
3. Bayern Leverkusen - winners in 1993 and twice runners up in 2002 and more recently 2009
4. Wolfsburg - runners up in 1995 looking to lift the trophy for the first time

5. Nurnburg - winners of the first ever Pokal in 1935 and 3 times winners since
6. Hertha BSC - runners up in 1977 and 1979 but never lifted the trophy
7. Union Berlin - runners up in 2001 that now play in the German second tier
8. - Bochum - twice runners up in 1968 and 1988 looking to lift the trophy for the first time

Thats all the teams now lets begin the draw

First up is ball number 1, that's FC Koln and they will be at home to ball number 3, Bayern Leverkusen

Next up is ball number 8, Bochum who will have a tie with ball number 5, Nurnburg

The third tie will be ball number three, Stuttgart at home to ball number 7, Union Berlin

The final tie will be ball number 4, Wolfsburg against obviously ball number 6, Hertha BSC

That concludes our draw good luck to all the teams and lets have some great games.

View attachment 223601

"Dear Diary, This is a great day here at Wolfsburg. The board have made it clear they expect me to reach the Semi final of the Deutsche Pokal and the draw could have been a lot worse. Hertha BSC felt our wrath early on in the season in August when we had a convincing 2-0 win and if we can do this again we will reach the semi final quite comfortably. The semi final draw also looks very promising with the tie against FC Koln and Bayern Leverkusen inevitably resulting in one of the favourites left in the competition being knocked out by the other. This gives us a fantastic chance of winning the trophy for the first time and on my debut season as well. However i cannot get to far ahead of myself and the boys will hopefully do the same and we will work hard to ensure victory."

Dear Diary,
Today was something I have never experienced before, I was recognised in France the day before the friendly against Nantes in the high-street. I have never experienced being recognised outside my home town and now obviously I get recognised in Germany but it proves my reputation is growing. This is such a big deal for me as when I was a child all I wanted was to be recognised as one of the greats. One of the Brian Clough's the Fabio Cappello's and the Jose Mourinho's of the world. I understand I am far from that stage now but I'm on my way we all have to start somewhere and my time at Wolfsburg is the most enjoyable of my life so far I am loving it.

It's new years day tomorrow and I have finally find someone to spend it with. I have been finding that since my success I have found I have been approached by many more girls. I hope it is not the wealth they are after or the fame but I'm happy with my this girl. She is lovely and I have never felt this way about a girl before. I was always the stupid child at school dreaming to high but finally the dreams have come true and my life is on the climb and having someone to share it with makes it a whole lot better.

Semi Final Draw

View attachment 223624

Today we are going to draw the fixtures for the Semi final that will be played after the quarter finals this weekend.

Here are the 4 balls we will draw and the teams they represent.

Ball 1 - The winner of the tie between FC Koln and Bayern Leverkusen
Ball 2 - The winner of the tie between Bochum and Nurnberg
Ball 3 - The winner of the tie between Stuttgart and Union Berlin
Ball 4 - The winner of the tie between Wolfsburg and Hertha BSC

Here we go:

The first ball is.... Ball 1 who will have a home tie in the semi finals against.... Ball 2

That leaves balls 3 and 4 but who will get the home advantage

The home team for the tie will be.... Ball 4 and inevitably they will play.... Ball 3

Thank you for joining us here today and good luck for the quarter finalists this weekend lets see some great games.

Who do you think the Deutsche Pokal will go to?

View attachment 223626

January/February 2012

View attachment 223650

A hectic two month period which I have rolled into one update because in January there was only 2 competitive matches for me to talk about.

Our first competitive game in January was a league game against Kaiserlsautern, a team I expect to win against and I made it clear that this draw was not good enough and the team needed to respond well.

View attachment 223655

The second and only other competitive game in January was an encounter against Werder Bremen. A side that we have beaten in the past and if we really wanted to show our dominance we had to win again and the boys did just that with a convincing 3-0 win.

View attachment 223659

Now onto February and the double encounter of Hertha BSC. The first one without a doubt wins game of the month so that will be at the end of this update but what a performance in the quarter final of the cup when we done a double over Hertha in 4 days to secure 3 points in the league and our semi final place against Union Berlin.

View attachment 223661

After such fantastic results I expected something big in the game against FC Koln but unfortunately the boys could not deliver despite 26 shots on goal! the boys were made to understand that they should have won this and finishing was the focus of training for the next game.

View attachment 223664

Next up was one of the most important games of my managerial career against the team top of the table at the time Schalke. We went out expecting nothing from the game and Schalke totally underestimated us and we dominated and thoroughly deserved the win.

View attachment 223665

Our final game of this busy period was against Borrusia Monchengladbach and once again Marco Reus missed the game against his former club with another injury but he was not missed and a comfortable 3-0 win was recorded.

View attachment 223670

View attachment 223671

View attachment 223674VView attachment 223673

Goal of the month was a top up between two games that featured the same two teams. The quarter final clash had more significance to the club but this game was just so end to end it was the perfect game to watch and we came out with the 3 points despite my heart threatening to give up at any moment.

View attachment 223672

very good fan interaction and more of what goes around in the club then it will be perfect ,but keep it balanced