Die Wölfe Are On The Hunt- A Wolfsburg Story

March 2012

View attachment 223811

A tale of two halves in this month really, horrible start but we picked up our game and won against the bigger teams however at the start of the month I think we have dropped at least 4 points and that's just not suitable for a team looking to lift silverware.

Our first game of the month was against Hannover 96 and i was well aware of their goal scoring machine Didier Ya Konan and I made sure to tell the team to stop him playing however they were clever and used their chances count and scored two goals to earn themselves a 2-2 draw. Defensive problems needed to be addressed.

View attachment 223817

Second game of the month came up against an incredibly scary looking Freiburg side. Pappiss Cisse is one **** of a goal scorer and one that is very hard to stop. Somehow though we managed to stop him and his team mates scoring despite being down to ten men for the last 30 minutes.

View attachment 223824

Now the next game really wound me up. We totally dominated from start to finish but because of an unfortunate own goal Mainz managed to get a draw and nearly managed to ****** the win after being awarded a quite frankly pathetic penalty but the pressure was to much and they could not dispatch it.

View attachment 223828

Next up in the league we played Hamburg. A team with immense quality in the side but that has had a torrid season and are still rooted to the bottom of the table. Neither team in this game managed to take control of the game and it was full of scrappy chances but we put one away and took a valuable 3 points.

View attachment 223829

The goal scorer in our final game of the month was unexpected with out super centre half Kara who has been an absolute steal for 1 million popping up with a rare goal from 25 yards to secure us a valuable 3 points against a very strong Hoffenheim side.

View attachment 223830

View attachment 223832

View attachment 223809VView attachment 223810

The game was never in doubt as to winning the award of Game of the month as it was definitely the most important fixture of the month. A place in the final was up for grabs and we definitely had everything on our side. We had had an unbeaten month and by far the better team and we were a full division higher than our opposition. Our team did not let the fans down and secured a place in the final of the Deutsche Pokal !

View attachment 223831

View attachment 223833

April 2012

View attachment 223834

First game of the month was against an inform Bayern Munich side that are destroying teams and we were unable to stop them despite trying everything possible defensively they were just to strong and too full of confidence and demolished us 4-0. I just hope it doesn't destroy the lads confidence.

View attachment 223835

Next up was a very important home tie against another inform side Bayern Leverkusen. We managed a draw in this game and it was probably the fair result with both teams battling out for the win but if any team was more likely to win the title it would probably be us.

View attachment 223836

Next up was probably the key game in the season away to Dortmund and we had set up to counter attack we knew such a strong possession team like Dortmund we would never dominate them especially on their turf. So we set up to counter and gave Tshabalala a rare game and he did not let the faith down and scored a brace to secure the most valuable 3 points arguably all season long.

View attachment 223838

Next up was the game that was sure to be 3 points against a very weak Augsburg side and we did not have an easy ride with an end to end game with neither side taking charge of the game. Still we managed to pick up the 3 points with another winning goal from Quintero.

View attachment 223839

View attachment 223843

View attachment 223842VView attachment 223841

It was a direct toss up for game of the month from the one against Dortmund or against a very strong Stuttgart side that have been picking up in form of late. On their ground they are renowned for giving no favours and this was no difference with a dominating performance but out counter attacking style worked out again just like against Dortmund and we managed to pick up yet more valuable points.

View attachment 223840

View attachment 223846

Last edited:
View attachment 223845
Dear Diary,
Wow is today tense. The final game of the season against Nurnberg with us having a good chance of winning the Bundesliga. Bayern Munich play Bayern Leverkusen in the final game of the season and as long as Leverkusen do not win and we manage to pick up the three points against Nurnberg we will win it. God this is tense, I cant sleep just the chance of winning such a prestigious title in my first season in charge and that meens i have a chance at the double in Germany. Wow this has been better than i ever could have imagined i just hope it all goes our way.

View attachment 224036

Final Day

What a final day this will be. Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich and Bayern Leverkusen all with a chance of the title but by the end of the day who is going to lift the Bundesliga title? Here at Sky Sports we are going to bring you the updates from both games involving these three. Wolfsburg are at home to Nurnberg and need to win to stand any chance of winning the title. Bayern Munich need Wolfsburg to slip up and to win to lift the trophy and finally Bayern Leverkusen need to simply win or draw as long as Wolfsburg also slip up.

Here we go its Kick-Off time. Good Luck:

Bayern Munich Kick off and show early intent of winning and controlling this match with the most early possession.

14min : What a miss ! Everyone stood off Beluschi and he rifles his shot wide, he may rue that miss !

15min : It's a chance for Bayern Munich as Robbern goes clear but Adler tips the ball wide. Should be 1-0

17min : Corner for Bayern Munich and Breno wins a header than hits the bar ! trouble for Leverkusen

28min : What a tackle ! things like that can win you games as Maroh Disposses Djuric in the box

28min : GOAL !!! Gomez springs the offside trap and smashes a shot Adler can only parry and Robben buts in the rebound 1-0 Munich !

35min : GOAL !!! A bit of space for Andre Schurrle and the youngster puts it away 1-1 GAME ON !

39min :
GOAL !!! Quintero wins the flick on from the corner then Jenssen nods it in 1-0 Wolfsburg ! If it stays like this they are the champions of Germany !

45min : Half time here at the Allianz-Arena and what a half its been its anyones game here.

45min : Half time here at the Volkswagen Arena, Its been one sided so far and Wolfsburg fans are celebrating already.

If things stay like this the title goes to Wolfsburg.

55min :
GOAL !!! Mario Gomez strikes the ball with some venom as it rifles into the back of the net 2-1 Munich !

73min : And its half a chance for Quintero who has his shot tipped around the post will he regret that miss?

76min : OFF THE BAR ! Friedrich wins a header over the the on loan Wolfsburg man Hasabe but cannons the ball of the bar ! This could go either way brilliant end to end stuff !

86min : Reus tries the spectacular with a rifle from 30 yards out but slices the ball Wolfsburg are partying already.

87min : GOAL !!! WOW the parties been halted at the Volkswagen arena with a Nurnberg goal from a giving header by Robert Mak after a free kick. Poor defending may have cost Wolfsburg here!

90min : Three Minutes of injury time and the Munich fans begin to sing because as it stands the title is theirs !

90+3min : The final Whistle goes now we are just waiting for confirmation from the Wolfsburg game.

90+4min : OH MY GOD ! nearly the dreams come true with a rifling shot by Belluschi but its tipped round the post and that's that from the Volkswagen arena. Hearts are broken as Bayern Munich win the Bundesliga.

Thats all from here at Sky Sports Bayern Munich lift the title and Wolfsburg hearts are broke after loosing it in the 87th minute.

View attachment 224039

View attachment 224040

Dear Diary,
Its the Deutsche Pokal final tomorrow and after our dissappointing end to the season on missing out on the chance to win the title the teams confidence is at an all time low. As for me I have been unable to sleep since that final day of the season. I can't help feeling that it was my fault I must have chosen the wrong tactics and I know this is a learning curve but **** that's a difficult price to pay for the fans. However the team knows they can lift the trophy for the first time in their history tomorrow and i just hope it happens. FC Koln will not be easy with a very strong line-up not to mention that they beat us in the league and we only managed to pick up 1 point in our 2 games againt them. Fingers crossed we can win this it will be a dream come true.

Final

View attachment 224397

What a sceptical this was and after a disappointing end to the season I was hoping the team would respond well. Before the game i spoke to the boys and sent them out with an attacking philosophy to try and win this game comfortably and the rest was up to them.

1min : And the game kicks off both teams are looking to end the season on a high and Wolfsburg have a chance to win the trophy for the first time in their history.

13min : An inch perfect tackle from Russ denies Koln a clear cut opportunity that would have certainly seen them open the scoring.

24min : Wow ! Yet again a fantastic tackle from Russ as he stops Podolski from a certain opportunity he is putting a great shift in at the back today.

41min : GOAL !!! What a passage of play from Koln as they test Benaglio from range that he can only parry to Jajalo who cannons it off the bar. Then Wolfsburg try to launch a counter attack but Jajalo won the ball back on the edge of his box and drived down the right and put a phenomenal ball in for Jensen to tap home. A question of offside but the referee is having non of it.

45min : The half time whistle goals with Koln fans ecstatic after an outstanding first half performance. I see no way back for Wolfsburg here.

46min : We kick off for the second half with Wolfsburg bringing on Jenssen in place of Jali as they look to turn this game around.

56min : Wolfsburg fans are screaming at the referee they clearly feel that they should have had a penalty after a tackle from McKenna but the referee does not care.

78min : PENALTY !!! Wolfsburg get a penalty as Alberman tripped the half time substitute Jenssen

78min : GOAL !!! Quintero steps up calmly and slots the ball into the right corner, you would think he had no pressure on his shoulders their as he looked so calm. 1-1 game on !

83min : OFF THE BAR ! Dejagah smashes the ball of the bar and then Koln clear the rebound for a corner. Wolfsburg are piling on the pressure here they smell blood.

84min : GOAL !!! Russ climbed highest from the corner and powered a header at the goal and its nothing less than he deserves after a fantastic performance from the centre half. 2-1 Wolfsburg what a change since half time!

90min : There is going to be 4 minutes of added time can Wolfsburg hold on?

90+4 : And its all over. Wolfsburg are the Deutsche Pokal winners !!

View attachment 224398

Dear Diary,
What a season its been. Missing out on the double on the last day of the season but we won the Deutsche Pokal for the first time in Wolfsburg's history. I just hope this will have earned me some respect in the dressing room as all season I cannot help feeling out of place. The players don't seem to respond to my words and I am hoping with this proof that I can win things here at Wolfsburg and they will follow my guidance more. All things aside I could not have wished for a better debut season into football management and here's to a fantastic year ahead for Wolfsburg with lots of success hopefully on the horizon.

The next update will be an end of season review so keep your eyes out.

End Of Season Review

What a Season it has been. Signings at the start of the season were key in this seasons triumphs. Both Quintero and Jenssen were very successful recruits. Quintero was on fantastic form from the word go scoring the most goals in the league with 23 and 26 in all competitions. For the price of 2.5 million I spent on him he has been one **** of a recruit and without his goals we would have not been able to have the success we have had.

View attachment 224538

Secondly Jenssen has also been a fantastic signing with so many assists that without his creative spark the team would not have scored anywhere near the amount of goals we did. For 1 million he was yet again another bargain and it seems the players without the price tags were the performers for me this season that really stood out and I would not be surprised if bigger clubs tried swooping for them.

View attachment 224541

Arjen Robben was by the far the stand out player this season in the Bundesliga with the highest average rating but also dug Bayern Munich out of trouble and without his contribution the league would have been half as entertaining with his goals and assists gracing the pitch.

View attachment 224539

We were up their with the best in the league this season with goals scored coming in third and to win the title next season we can try and score more goals or if we tighten up the defence I believe we have an incredibly good chance of winning the title.

View attachment 224540

Back