Reaction score
View attachment 78023

die Werkself: the rebuilding job

So after a very long time, I'm back on this site! Playing the new FM and seeing some of the amazing stories being put up have motivated me to start a new story on here. Why Leverkusen? They were created 113 years ago and are yet to win a Bundesliga title. They've come close a few times and even came second in the Champions League once, but have never managed to get domestic success. The goal? To win the Bundesliga, not once, not twice, but enough times to catch up with Bayern and become the most successful German club in history (it could be a while). Now then, let's get into it shall we?

View attachment 78022
Bayer Leverkusen 04: a little history

Bayer 04 Leverkusen Fußbal GmbH is a German football club founded on the 1st of July 1904 by a man (and 170 other employees), Wilhelm Hauschild, who wrote a letter to the Friedrich Bayern and Co. company wanting his support to start a company sports team. After considering the man's offer, he accepted and the club was created. It'd be nice to say the rest is history but unfortunately, the club never won much.

Since 1904, Leverkusen have won the Europa League in 1988, the DFB-Pokal in 1993 and a total of 4 lower division titles. It's fair to say that despite having good facilities, an amazing stadium and some great players over the years (Rudi Völler, Michael Ballack, Lúcio), the club never managed to find their form and have slowly starting to even getting the nickname of "The Eternal Bridesmaids" as a result of finishing 2nd so often. They've come close to winning the Bundesliga many times but never did it, and I'm here to change that.

BayArena: the stadium

View attachment 78019

The BayArena was built on the 2nd of August 1958 and was previously known as the Ulrich-Haberland-Stadion, named after a former chairman of Bayer AG. Since then, it's been renovated in 1997, was renamed the BayArena in 1998, renovated again in 2009, and has had a hotel built on the side of it with some rooms having a view of the pitch. It has a capacity of 30,210 supporters and has been used in the past by the German national team on many occasions. The stadium isn't really known for being a fortress or an iconic stadium, but once again I'm here to change that.

So, this is it for the introduction of the club, up next, the squad!

Last edited:
View attachment 78013

The squad: best XI

View attachment 78011
#1 Bernd Leno
25 years old
German
Goalkeeper
View attachment 78008
#39 Benjamin Henrichs
20 years old
German
Right-back
View attachment 78007
#4 Jonathan Tah
21 years old
German
Centre-back
View attachment 78006
#5 Sven Bender
28 years old
German
Centre-back
View attachment 78005
#18 Wendell
23 years old
Brazilian
Left-back
View attachment 78003
#8 Lars Bender
28 years old
German
Defensive midfielder
View attachment 78002
#20 Charles Aránguiz
28 years old
Chilean
Right centre midfielder
View attachment 78001
#29 Kai Havertz
18 years old
German
Left centre midfielder
View attachment 78000
#31 Kevin Volland
24 years old
German
Right winger
View attachment 77999
#10 Julian Brandt
21 years old
German
Left winger

View attachment 77998

#13 Lucas Alario
24 years old
Argentinian
Striker

The squad: substitutes

View attachment 77997
#36 Niklas Lomb
23 years old
German
Goalkeeper
View attachment 77996
#28 Ramazan Özcan
28 years old
Austrian
Goalkeeper
View attachment 77995
#3 Panagiotis Retsos
18 years old
Greek
Centre-back (LB, RB)
View attachment 77994
#2 André Ramalho
25 years old
Brazilian
Centre-back (CDM, CM)
View attachment 77993
#16 Tin Jedvaj
21 years old
Croatian
Centre-back (LB, RB)
View attachment 77986
#22 Vladlen Yurchenko
23 years old
Ukrainian
Centre midfielder (AM)
View attachment 77983
#15 Julian Baumgartlinger
29 years old
Austrian
Defensive midfielder (CM)
View attachment 77977
#14 Admir Mehmedi
26 years old
Swiss
Left winger (LM, ST)
View attachment 77976
#11 Stefan Kießling
33 years old
German
Striker
View attachment 77975
#17 Joel Pohjanpalo
22 years old
Finnish
Striker
View attachment 77974
#9 Leon Bailey
19 years old
Jamaican
Left/right winger (LM,RM)
View attachment 77973
#38 Karim Bellarabi
27 years old
German
Left/right winger (LM,RM)

The squad: reserves

View attachment 77972
#21 Dominik Kohr
23 years old
German
Defensive midfielder (CM)
View attachment 77971
#37 Marlon Frey
21 years old
German
Centre midfielder (AM)

So there we go, that's the squad for you! Up next, the tactics and the pre-season results!

Last edited:
View attachment 77915

Pre-season: tactics and fixtures

View attachment 77914
After some consideration, I've decided a 4-2-3-1 wide formation suited the team better than the planned 4-1-2-3 DM wide. This lineup isn't the ideal starting XI and we might see changes with the official first lineup but it's close to it. Our pre-season allowed me to experiment with different players and who was better to bring off the bench or to start and find out who my best players were even though I already had a pretty good idea. With our transfer budget at just £12 million though, I decided I needed to sell as there is one player I really want to bring in who's versatile, young and has a lot of potential. In order to get him, I need to sell one player for at least £4-5 million and I've decided to let Baumgartlinger go. He's 29, not even the best midfielder we have and we can still get quite a bit of money for him while he's under 30. He's only going to go downhill from there and if we can get a better replacement with that money then I'm all for it. Anyways, that'll come in the next update. For now, let's look at the fixtures we had and how we did!

View attachment 77913
So, definitely not the hardest pre-season anyone's ever seen! Our biggest game is against Fiorentina who are a good side and it'll be our biggest test in those 8 games but overall it should be a good preparation for our first official game, in the DFB-Pokal First Round. Krasnodar are also a pretty decent side, usually featuring in the Europa League and not to be underestimated. Anyway, let's see how we did then in those 8 games.

Pre-season: results, player of the pre-season and competitive schedule

View attachment 77912

Well then, 6 wins, a draw and a loss. Not too bad but we definitely could've and probably should've gotten 8 wins from 8. We managed to score 20 goals which is actually quite good, but we conceded 11, which is more than one per game so not great. The defeat against Krasnodar was pretty awful to be honest but clearly it was just a one-off result so let's hope we can stay focused during the season and not suffer results like these. We had a couple of players who really stepped up and took charge and helped the team a lot during this pre-season, most of them not actually even in the ideal starting XI, so that was really nice to see but, we've got to pick a winner at the end of the day for the best player of pre-season:

View attachment 77911
#9 Leon Bailey
6 games (2 as a substitute)
6 goals
1 assist

View attachment 77910

With a really good 6 goals and one assist in 6 games, Bailey looks like he will be one of our most important players this season playing on the wing and with the support of an attacking midfielder in the middle now, he should be getting a lot more passes to him and can contribute even more than he has already. That's the hope anyway. Volland and Kießling did well too over the pre-season but Bailey was just on another level and I can't wait to see him perform in competitive matches now. Speaking of, here's our schedule for the next month:

View attachment 77909
Not the toughest schedule... With the international break in early September, we don't have that many games this month but if anything it should be good enough for us to get some confidence going in the team and some points on the board early on. I'm excited for my first few games in charge of this club, it should be an amazing ride!

Up next, the September update!

View attachment 77747

Transfers and squad numbers

View attachment 77746

So there he goes, Julian Baumgartlinger has left the club. As mentioned previously, he's 29 so he was only going to go downhill from here (let's face it, he's no Ibra, he's not going to get better with age...). The presentation for the new signing replacing him is up next and he's an exciting one! One that fits the team perfectly and should lift up team spirits after the disappointment with Julian's departure.

View attachment 77744
View attachment 77740
He's tall, he's strong, he's all-round, it's Leander Dendoncker! An absolute gem of a midfielder who was actually being scouted by a few of the big European teams when we sent a scout for him but nevertheless, we got him! He'll fit into our 2-man midfield perfectly and will provide amazing cover for a more attacking option in Charles Aranguiz next to him. I'm so excited to have him at the club and have a feeling he'll go on and become one of the best players at the club and will stay for many more years. So that's our whole transfer budget gone, but it's absolutely worth it if it's to sign him, so I don't mind one bit. However, I was left with a surprise from the board...

View attachment 77739
View attachment 77738
Surprise surprise! I remember being very interested in Eggestein and was planning on spending a bit of money on him but just didn't have the funs since my priority was Dendoncker. I also remember asking the board for help in signing him thinking they'll just give me a bit of extra money to worth with but when I came in the room, I didn't even need to convince them, it's like they knew he was a massive upcoming talent and wanted to absolutely sign him. Before I know it, a week later, there he is! Of course I'm not complaining as the board used their own money to sign him and he wasn't exactly cheap but the only problem now is that we have a few strikers and some of them might have to go in order to free up some space. I'm not sure who that's going to be yet, I'll need to take a look at the squad for some potential departures but it'll be tough to decide.

View attachment 77737
Not exactly the most exciting news but it's good to show them regardless. New boys Dendoncker and Eggestein take numbers 6 and 7 respectively, both of which carry a bit of responsibility so it'll be interesting to see how they do with them. I'm sure they'll do well, they're destined to play for this club!

View attachment 77734
After some thinking, I decided Pohjanpalo and Mehmedi were the two players who were going to leave in order to free up some wages but also some space for Eggestein to develop. I didn't really want to get rid of Pohjanpalo since he scored 6 goals in 11 games for the club last season and looked like an exciting prospect but the board spent a lot on Eggestein and we had to adjust based on that. Mehmedi has a couple of offers to consider right now but isn't gone yet, so we'll see what we manage to get for him.

View attachment 77707
Oh also, we got Brandt to sign a new contract which is just great. His agent was a bit tough on me at first and wanted to add all sorts of clauses which we ended up having to agree to anyway, but at least there's no release clauses involved which was my initial worry. Brandt staying with us for another 4 years makes me very confident that if we can get the best out of him, he'll definitely become one of the best players at the club if not in the league!

View attachment 77729
View attachment 77728
View attachment 77727
View attachment 77724
So our first official match of the season! It was a great game and everything went according to plan. A 3-0 win and as predicted, a little boost in confidence. Our second round match doesn't seem like it'll be a huge struggle but it is against Bundesliga opposition, so it'll definitely be tougher than this game. Sven Bender, Dendoncker and Eggestein all made their debuts today and performed quite well, which was good to see. We can now move on to the next game of our season, the Bundesliga opener against Augsburg. I have to say I'm a bit worried about it since Augsburg are a pretty decent team but at least we're starting our league season off at home!

View attachment 77720
View attachment 77719
View attachment 77718
View attachment 77717
What a perfect start! A fantastic 2-0 win not in the most convincing fashion but still a very decent result. We kept a clean sheet and managed to pick them apart. The man of the match was Wendell for his amazing defensive contribution over the course of the game whilst Aránguiz and Bailey scored the only 2 goals of our victory. We were fortunate to get a penalty really early on and get a nice lead to hold on to until we doubled it in the 59th minute. Volland came off the bench to make an assist for Bailey's goal too, so overall we had a few very good individual performances. Up next we have Frankfurt, another tricky game but definitely one that we can win!

View attachment 77715
View attachment 77714
View attachment 77713
Another great result for us early on in the season, getting us to the top of the Bundesliga after 2 games following Bayern's draw with Hoffenheim. Now we can go away for the international break very happy and confident and hope to come back even better than we were today. We were really dominant and absolutely deserved to win the game but it seems like our strikers have been struggling a little bit. First Eggestein and now Volland, none of them have scored in our first 3 games of the season so let's hope that changes following the international break.

View attachment 77711
View attachment 77708
A great start to the season obviously but as you can see from our schedule, it's only going to get harder from here. Schalke, Hamburg and Bayern are all on the menu for us and it's not looking very good. We're in good form but you never know what can happen in football. Schalke and Bayern are obviously in good form but the other 3 teams we're facing are struggling a little bit so we could use that to our advantage. The international break is going on beforehand so they'll have time to readjust though. I was looking at the schedule wondering why we didn't have Champions League fixtures by the way, then realised that the club finished in 12th last season and didn't win any domestic competitions, hence why we're not getting ANY European football at all. The goal for this season is obviously to get back in the Champions League, otherwise God knows where I'll end up at the end of the season (probably not here unfortunately...).

Up next, the September matches!

Fantastic read mate... I remember being mesmerised by your stories last year. Leverkusen are a great club. Do you have Attayak in you're reserves. Cant remember if he's a Leverkusen player. Good signings.

Fantastic read mate... I remember being mesmerised by your stories last year. Leverkusen are a great club. Do you have Attayak in you're reserves. Cant remember if he's a Leverkusen player. Good signings.
Thanks so much mate, means a lot coming from you with your Man Utd story! Looking at my reserves, I don't see Attayak in there, but I've got plenty of of young talents in the squad! They are a very good club yes, I can't wait to (hopefully) get them back to the CL and see what I can do then :)

View attachment 77553

Transfer window overview

View attachment 77552

So Mehmedi ended up joining West Ham for a pretty decent fee. Good for us as we get some money back for him and also free up some wages, good for him because he might get some more playing time and good for West Ham because they get a decent volatile player. A good deal for everyone. We definitely needed some money to come in after Dendoncker's arrival for pretty much our whole transfer budget and those £6.5 million might allow me to spend on a smaller player in the January transfer window if needed.

View attachment 77551
We were the biggest spenders in the Bundesliga surprisingly, signing only 2 players... Really goes to show how crazy the Premier League for example is in terms of transfers! We had the most expensive and third most expensive signings of the window so, let's just say expectations are high especially after those very successful first 2 games! Despite spending £32.5 million (technically just £14.5 million since the board paid the other £18 million), we also managed to get £18 million back with the sales of Mehmedi, Pohjanpalo and Baumgartlinger, which is decent.

View attachment 77550
So apparently we were the biggest spenders in the Bundesliga but also the second biggest spenders in Europe! The league stats at least prove my point of the Premier League being pretty ridiculous but I was extremely surprised to see that £32.5 million makes you the second biggest spender in Europe, especially at this time in football when Neymar moves for over £200 million and 18-year old Mbappé for £160 million... If anything, this adds even more pressure to the club and myself who are really going to have to perform now to live up to the expectations!

September results

View attachment 77549

Well then... Not exactly the best way to start off the month after the international break and the 'expectations' I was talking about is it... We were in absolute shambles this game. We did alright in the first half but absolutely crumbled in the second, giving away a stupid penalty and just overall, this was a terrible performance. I made my feelings known to the players but my close to unknown reputation and "under-qualification" (although let's be honest, no one in their right mind would hire a manager with no coaching licenses and Sunday League football experience) seems to not really intimidate the players and they don't really care. Let's hope in our next few games we can turn this around and they can have some faith in me.

View attachment 77548
Alright then. My time at Leverkusen might last a tad less than anticipated. Once again, statistically we look like we played well and without looking at the score you'd think Schalke won 2-1 or something like that, it looks like a close game right? Wrong. Fake news. We got smashed, we couldn't build a wall in defence. I mean at this rate, I'm seriously losing my job by Christmas. Probably even earlier. I know it's only 2 games but 6 goals conceded and none scored, for a club like Leverkusen, is just shambolic. Up next we have Hamburg, Bayern and Hannover. Every single one of these teams is above us in the table, so that's going to be fun...

View attachment 77546
View attachment 77547
Three defeats in a row, three games without scoring, and now we've lost our captain for at least a month. I mean, could I be any more unlucky? I really don't know. The 4-2-3-1 clearly isn't working and experimenting with a Tottenham-like 5-2-2-1 hasn't worked at all either. I'm now seriously considering going to a classic 4-4-2 which will be a lot more balanced and potentially could really help in the long term. I'm not sure experimenting against Bayern is a good idea though so I might wait till the Hannover game but this is absolutely terrible, I'm losing the dressing room I'm losing faith from the fans and the board, I genuinely think I might get fired by the end of October if this goes on.

View attachment 77545
I'm not really surprised by this, I wasn't expecting anything more. We gave away a penalty again and got our best right-back injured, meaning we'll have to play a centre-back at right-back next game. Thankfully we have some versatile defenders but that still definitely won't be as good as having Henrichs there. If there is a God and miracles exist, well I'd like to order one right now because this is just, the worst. My team talks have no effect whether it's at half time or full time or even outside of a match, all the players look at me like the thing they hate the most about life (which to be fair might be my decisions and myself at this point), I don't know how long I'll be in charge of Leverkusen, but this is definitely not how I wanted to "make history" at the club.

View attachment 77544
View attachment 77543
I mean you know it's bad when the whole team comes to you in the same day with no one supportive of me with 2 different issues they'd like to discuss. I kind of expected it to be honest but this isn't a good sign. If we don't get a result in the next 2 or 3 games, **** even in the Hannover game, I'm not sure what I can expect.

View attachment 77542
Yay... Some good news... Let's be honest, he only decided to stay because we increased his wage massively and he has about 1000 clauses to get paid for doing anything at the club... Let's just move on...

View attachment 77541
I really would like to think it's not me it's the team. To be fair, they finished 12th last season and did terribly overall last year but with the group of players I have, I really thought I'd have the ability to turn things around. We could honestly get relegated if we keep playing like this and the worst part is I don't know if it's me not making good decisions or the players just not wanting to do what I want them to do. We played really well today and definitely didn't deserve to lose 3-1, it's just the story of my life right now though.

View attachment 77540
So, 5 games, 5 losses, 2 goals scored and 14 goals conceded. This honestly might just be the worst month in the history of the club. And I was in charge for it. I'm "making history" alright... If the board don't come to me in the next few days to discuss my future at the club I'd be surprised, but hopefully they give me some time to try and get some points on the board.

View attachment 77539
We were first after 2 games, and now there we are in 14th after 7 games. We could even drop to 16th place if Hertha Berlin and Mainz win their games in hand. This is just awful. The worst part is, the schedule doesn't get any better for us and it's going to be extremely hard to get points from our October games. Also, I'd give a "player of the month" award to a player, but we scored just 2 goals and basically no one has played well enough to even get close to getting an award for it. It reminds me of the Crystal Palace "goal of the month" vote when they'd scored just one goal. That's basically the situation here right now.

View attachment 77538
So we're basically guaranteed to lose points at Dortmund but Freiburg is doable? Maybe? Wolfsburg are a great team and we might lose against them too. Let's just hope the international break can get the players back in the mood (although we've played so badly that I don't know if any of them actually got called up)...

It pains me to say it but, next up, October! (where I could lose my job)

Last edited:
You havent had tbe dreaded vote of confidence yet. Good read. FREIBURG is where it all turns around

View attachment 77499

October results

View attachment 77498

That's not good news already. During a month when we ABSOLUTELY need some points, we get our star left-back injured. Thankfully, Henrichs is back from injury and can play left-back but that means once again playing someone out of position in right-back so hopefully it doesn't end up being an awful month for us. We have some huge games and if I don't get a couple points in the next few matches, I'll be in trouble.

View attachment 77497
What a result! After conceding late in the first half, I was already imagining the worst but Lucas Alario stayed on and was the hero for us. Switching to a 4-4-2 already seems like it's paying off a little bit. The draw wasn't such a convincing result for us but I'm very happy with a point against such a strong Wolfsburg side. We have Freiburg next, who are actually doing really well this season in the Bundesliga so it could be a tricky match but I'm hopeful we'll get all 3 points, especially since the board contacted me today after the game and told me that if we lost against Freiburg, I'd most probably lose my job.

View attachment 77496
Finally!!! Our first win since August and boy was it overdue! We've switched around formations and tried so hard for so long to get a good result and finally we have it. After going a goal down so early on, once again I was thinking well, here's my job gone. But again Lucas Alario and now Volland both decided to step up and score the two goals that won us the game. I'm so happy about this result and honestly really hope that we can carry that maybe not necessarily in the DFB-Pokal since I don't really care about it much but at least in the Bundesliga.

View attachment 77495
So after 2 decent games, we're back to our old ways. The worst part is, we should've never lost this game. A draw might have been a fair result, a win for us would've been logical, but losing? Absolutely ridiculous. It's like the team that drew against Wolfsburg and won against the exact same Freiburg team just disappeared. We have Dortmund next, which is the big fixture of this month and the one I care about. Honestly, I just don't care at all about the DFB-Pokal so I'm not too bothered about this game, let's hope the board feels the same way.

View attachment 77494
What a result again! Dortmund are on fire in the league right now and I was expecting to get absolutely smashed from the get-go but we stayed strong and once again came from behind to draw the game and get a point. It's honestly a massive result for us which means we haven't lost in the last 3 games in the Bundesliga, a new record for us this season since we won the first 2 games but then lost 5 in a row. After making tweak after tweak to the strategy I want us to take into games, we're slowly building up some momentum and the players are now kind of trusting me a bit more? It feels like it at least.

View attachment 77492
We conceded a goal in every match we played but only lost one in the cup, which I don't care about. I'd say this is a great month considering the form we were on. Two draws and a win gives us 5 points from a possible 9 and I'll definitely take that. Our upcoming matches are tough but we can definitely get a couple more points from them and I'm very confident that my job security can go from insecure to, well anything better than that really!

View attachment 77491
So we're definitely still really low on the table but we can only drop to 14th now, which is better than 17th where we were at the beginning of the month. A team like Leverkusen should never be in 13th place but we're on a good run, we're picking up form and confidence and I definitely think and believe that we can rise in the table and try to, by the end of the season, challenge for at least a Europa League spot (if I don't lose my job before then...).

View attachment 77490
So we play against the Bundesliga leaders away from home first next month, then we have 2 games against 2 teams that are underneath us in the table and a game against Köln who are just above us in the table. If my tweaks and our confidence keep working out, we can definitely grab some crucial points this month and rise in the table and hopefully get to the top 5 or so. We're only 5 points away from Schalke in 5th which is a gap that we can definitely close over the next month. I'm still in charge at Leverkusen which is something I wasn't sure I'd be able to say about a month ago but I'm still here so let's hope that can continue now.

Up next, the November matches!

View attachment 77401

November matches

View attachment 77400

View attachment 77399[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
After such promising results in October against the likes of Dortmund and Wolfsburg, I was expecting at least something from this game but, we never even came close to deserving a draw. I even made substitutions at half-time hoping that would help as our fresh legs would have more time on the pitch to make a difference but no. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Leipzig are the Bundesliga leaders so it's not too surprising but if we don't pick up a couple points in the next few games, I could be saying goodbye to the Leverkusen players and fans much sooner than I thought (not that they'd miss me at this point). Oh and on top of that, they thought I was too mean to them during the team talks? It's coming to a point now where whatever I do, the players are against it. I feel Mourinho in his second season back at Chelsea when they finished 10th. Whatever was going on, the players just didn't want to follow or get behind. I basically just apologised to Wendell and Alario and told them I'd be nicer about things but I'm considering just leaving it to my assistant manager now since the players just don't want to listen to me.

View attachment 77398
So after the Leipzig game, I decided to switch from a 4-4-2 to a 4-1-2-3 DM wide and to my surprise, it seems like it's worked so far! Dendoncker has been one of the best players at the club this season (not that there have been many good performers so far) and despite winning the game just 1-0, it's 3 points that will be crucial later on in the season. Leno had a great game too and overall, the game was very even but we took our chances when Gladbach didn't and that's why we won the game. Volland came on as a super sub and did his job, which I'm very happy about. We just have two games left this month, two games where we need to make an impression and get some points otherwise we're going to start to just get boos after boos from the fans and the board are really going to breathe down my neck about my job.

View attachment 77397
So, one of our key players this season is now injured. That's great... He'll be out for a month or more and this is just not the right time to get injured at all. I swear it almost feels like he did it on purpose so I end up getting fired then he'll get right back on his feet again. Ugh. Thankfully we have plenty of central midfielders but none of them are as good or have been doing as good a job as he has so let's hope it doesn't impact us TOO much.

View attachment 77396
Not the result we wanted. We didn't dominate the game but did a very good job overall I thought and definitely deserved a win here. And actually, when we went a goal up thanks to Bellarabi, we moved up to 7th on the table. This just shows me that once we find the right tactic, one that the players can get behind, and that we can score some goals, it'll be so easy to climb up the table! That's for now anyway since we're still early ish in the season but if we keep going like this for any longer, we might be doomed. Köln played well, fair play to them, but again we should've won that and there's only so much I can do as a manager at this point.

View attachment 77395
This is just rubbing more salt in the wound now. One game we play really well, the next we just mess up and get a draw or lose. At least we got a point from this game but this was just frustrating. I'm going to change formations again. I tried one with 3 central defenders and 2 wingbacks before and that didn't work so well, time to try something similar but new. We need a change and well, speaking of needing a change, here's the board emailing me now asking me to come in literally minutes after the end of this match... This is gonna be fun...

View attachment 77394
View attachment 77393
View attachment 77392
It took some convincing but I managed to get them to give me some more time. Not just time though, I need 10 points from the next 5 games. To put that into perspective, we've got 16 points so far from 14 games. Yikes. To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't call this meeting for much sooner but I'm grateful they didn't. They've been very lenient and it's up to me now to get good results on the board because as much as I've been complaining about the players not wanting anything to do with me, I need to make the board proud and the fans happy and the players perform. Clearly, we need another formation change to get those points and I'm determined I've found the right one this time.

View attachment 77391
View attachment 77390
So, we've got 5 points from the last 4 games. Now, we need 10 in the next 5. It's understandable that the board decided that something needs to change now considering we're in 16th, aka the promotion/relegation playoff and considering our form, even if they let me keep my job until the end of the season, I have a feeling we'd lose the playoffs. We need to do better, and we have 5 games to find the right tactic and perform. What are our next 5 games you ask? Well, there's 2 that are achievable and the rest of them are going to be incredibly tough if you base the potential result on form.

View attachment 77389
Mainz: doable, they're in 11th. Werder Bremen: considering our form, I'd say yeah we're losing this one. Hoffenheim: same as Werder Bremen. Augsburg: definitely a winnable game for us. Frankfurt: maybe. So out of 5 games, that's one that we should definitely win and the rest are either we could draw them or just get smashed. Those 10 points in 5 games are not looking very likely, or at least on paper they're not. Let's hope this formation change and a little team meeting can boost confidence and get us performing on the pitch to win all these games ideally!

Up next, the 5 crucial games that'll decide if my career at Leverkusen goes on, or is over!

Wow man how have you got 68,000 views!? Good going.
I have no idea!! I was wondering the same thing for the last like day and a half! But I think I figured it out, if you google "die Werkself", my thread on this site is the 4th or 5th thing that shows up in the search results so I imagine it would've just been people who googled that and found the thread? Not too sure but I'm quite happy about it!