You managed to end well a very difficult first season my friend. Now the worst are behind and it is time for your time to shine ! Best of luck for the upcoming season !

You managed to end well a very difficult first season my friend. Now the worst are behind and it is time for your time to shine ! Best of luck for the upcoming season !
Cheers mate, I really thought I'd get sacked and it'd be the end of the story last season but thankfully I survived! glad you're following :)

hay mate. im thinking of doing a leverkusen save. potential,but quite **** at times! gonna be tough!

hay mate. im thinking of doing a leverkusen save. potential,but quite **** at times! gonna be tough!
To be honest, I just struggled to find the right tactic but they have one of the better sides in the league so it shouldn't be so bad! Good luck though :)

what tactic you settle for then? are the finances any good? i think i need full back cover in the first season?

Decided to start a game with Leverkusen myself to see how I get on after reading this. Really looking forward to see how you get on in the second season

what tactic you settle for then? are the finances any good? i think i need full back cover in the first season?
I went for an attacking 4-2-3-1 wide in the end, I guess the first time I used it in the story I just wasn't patient enough!

Decided to start a game with Leverkusen myself to see how I get on after reading this. Really looking forward to see how you get on in the second season
Good to hear this inspired you to start a new one! Glad to hear you'll be following, next update will be out whenever I can figure out this image upload issue that's been going on lately!

Alright guys, I did what I could for this update as my screenshots (which I uploaded a little less than a week ago in order to be able to post this update) just weren't working. I've made an album on imgur and will post the images through there but if it doesn't work, I'll just include the link to the album and you can check out the screenshots there! Sorry about that, hopefully I won't have this issue for the October update. Enjoy!

View attachment 76164

August and September results, transfer news, contract news, injury news and Champions League results

View attachment 76163

Not the best of news for us but with Jung behind a backup right back, I'm not too worried yet. We've had quite a lot of injuries over pre-season so hopefully it's not a sign of things to come for later on! With Henrichs capable of playing on the right and on the left, even Wendell being out isn't a big deal right now but if he gets injured again and we need to play Henrichs on the left, we don't really have anyone who can play right back other than Jung, so let's hope that doesn't happen.

View attachment 76162
Bayern were interested in him and instead of just letting them bully us like they've bullied the likes of Dortmund in the last few years, we stayed strong and got him to sign a new contract. His wage is a little higher now but considering his potential, I don't mind one bit. Hopefully this means now that he'll want to stay with the club for a while, the only issue is that Tah and Lucas are my two starting centre-backs now and he might not get as much game time.

View attachment 76161
View attachment 76160
View attachment 76159
A very, very strong start to my second season in charge. Brandt and Gomes absolutely teared it up today and we're through to the next round where we'll face Hoffenheim. Denis Suárez was very decent too and there's no doubt in my mind he'll become a hugely important player for the club, who knows maybe a club legend if he stays long enough! (I realise now I've said that about a lot of my new signings but I really believe in them!) We were expected to go through so this isn't really a surprise but it still feels nice to get such a big win and get confidence flowing in the team.

View attachment 76158
View attachment 76157
View attachment 76156
So first our own transfer overview, then the Bundesliga, then the world. We did very well this transfer window, having €18 million to spend in the first place and managing to make €25 million throughout the window and spending only €33 million, meaning we'll still have at least €10 million to spend in the January transfer window if needed and that's just fantastic. Our biggest arrivals out of the 6 new signings are of course Lucas, Denis Suárez and Jack Wilshere. With Jack coming in on a free transfer, that's already a great deal in itself and despite him not getting any playing time yet other than in pre-season, I have a feeling he'll come good and be one of our better players this season. Lucas is a rock at the back and Denis is just absolutely incredible, such a good player on the ball and so much potential. Some of our departures were a little bit sad but I believe they were necessary and we replaced the departing players with even better arriving ones. In the Bundesliga overall, the big three (Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig) spent big and actually probably made a bit of money too with some huge money departures for them too. Leipzig will probably be a little bit weaker this season with Keita now gone but Bayern and Dortmund are still going strong and will be very tough to beat in our race for our first ever Bundesliga title. In the world, once again the Premier League goes and shows how it makes so much money: by spending so much money. They've spent over double the amount of the second highest spending league in Europe so far and that's Ligue 1, with basically 2/3 of the spending coming from PSG. What a summer it's been...

View attachment 76155
Really? Are you sure? You want to put us with Manchester City AND Juventus? In our group? Well that's just great isn't it. My goal was to get an easier group and make sure that we'd at least make it to the next round of the Champions League but we might just get put back in the Europa League with that group! ****, we might even get eliminated if Spartak turn up as well! This is going to be really, really tough but I also feel like it'll almost be as tough as it gets in this competition and if we can come out of the group with a couple of positive results and actually even make it to the next round, a lot of other teams will definitely not underestimate us!

View attachment 76154
View attachment 76153
So our first game of the season in the Bundesliga is a good one! Well, at least result wise. Suárez getting injured for almost a month and a half is not good at all but with Havertz and Wilshere on the bench, we could actually be alright. Speaking of the performance though, a 2-0 win against a solid Stuttgart team is very good and I'm really happy with that result. We really controlled the game and deserved the win in the end, nothing less. Andre Gomes scored yet again which is awesome to see from a centre midfielder and Alario scored his first of the season, hopefully the first of many to come since we've been starting him up front and Volland on the wing, with Bellarabi injured.

View attachment 76152
Yet another injury now. Damnit! This isn't good at all, especially considering how important of a player Brandt is for us and he got injured just before the Bayern game. We have replacements of course and we're lucky to have some quality players on the bench as depth in the team but Brandt is really good and it's just a shame that we have to lose him like that for a while.

View attachment 76151
What a game! Two wins from 2 now! Volland getting sent off so early on definitely made things harder for us but we eventually came away with the win, thanks to Alario and Dendoncker! This team is really coming together now and I'm so happy to see us do so well against a team like Bayern. It makes confident for our Champions League games because we're going up against equally good teams and we need performances like these to get the players pumped up and motivated. What a match! Onto our first Champions League game since my appointment as manager then!

View attachment 76150
It's a shame we couldn't get the win but we didn't deserve it to be honest. Manchester City were just the better side and we were pretty lucky to be in the game in the 94th minute, so despite how frustrating it was to concede so late on, I kind of expected it. I don't know the result of the other game between Juventus and Spartak but my guess is it was a win for Juve so we're probably 3rd maybe even 4th of the group. Not to worry, it's only the first game, but we'll have to do well when we face Spartak.

View attachment 76149
Yet ANOTHER injury! This is getting ridiculous now! Especially considering Jung got injured back in August and recently came back from injury and now gets another long-term injury. It wasn't a big deal back in August because it was going to be a while before our first few games of the season but now we're getting into the heat of it and we can't afford losing our depth players like that. Oh well, there's not much we can do unfortunately and we'll just have to push on.

View attachment 76148
This game was a little preparation for what was coming in the DFB-Pokal second round and we played very well. Once again, Andre Gomes scored 2 goals (2 penalties but still) and got us our 3rd win of the season in as many games! It's really amazing to see how well we're doing in the Bundesliga this season and I hope we can just keep it going like that for as long as possible because from what I've seen so far, Dortmund and Bayern are doing pretty terribly at this stage of the season.

View attachment 76147
So this was a bit of a tougher game but we get our second clean sheet of the season and a 4th win in a row! What is going on! After having such a hard time last season, we're absolutely flying this season! It's once again just amazing to see and I just can't wait for these next games to come now and see if we can keep this historic run of form going! Volland was the hero for us today and he deserved it, he worked really hard lately and to finally get a goal would've been a relief. Wilshere was man of the match as he was replacing Denis Suárez and that's just amazing!

View attachment 76146
Andre Gomes has been absolutely incredible so far for us this season and a new contract was coming for him and he expected it. I'm incredibly happy he accepted it and will be at the club until 2023 and I can only hope he'll keep this form up now but stay loyal to us, because some of the big teams around Europe will definitely start coming around for him if he keeps this up!

View attachment 76145
View attachment 76144
Absolutely dominant performance from the players here and a much deserved win to make it 5 out of 5 now! This is just crazy. However, we get ANOTHER injury! I just don't get it! How can we get so many injuries! Bellarabi is a very important player for us and thankfully we have Brandt just coming back from injury but still, this is just crazy to me. As crazy as us winning 5 wins from 5 in the Bundesliga and seeing the likes of Bayern and Dortmund out of the top 5.

View attachment 76143
View attachment 76142
View attachment 76141
As you can see, we have a pretty interesting schedule for October with some tough games and some not so much but what's important right now is how well we did last month! I mean, 6 wins out of 7 games is just amazing and if we can keep this up, we might just be able to win the league this season, who knows! Leipzig and Dortmund are slowly making their way back up into the top 3 now where they belong and Bayern are also doing the same but pretty slowly, they lost 2 games so far with one of them coming against us in the second game of the season and surprisingly to me they lost again since. October will be tough and I can only hope and pray we keep this amazing form up and who knows maybe even got 10 wins from 10 or something crazy like that!

Up next, the October fixtures! (also, here's the link to the imgur album in case the images don't work: https://imgur.com/gallery/0tZ0h)

View attachment 76134

October results

View attachment 76133

This was the game where we needed to do well to make sure we'd stay at least in 3rd place in our Champions League group and we did just that. Wilshere was fantastic once again and is really showing why he should be a starter in this team and Alario scored yet again as well, which is very promising. I was disappointed by Andre's penalty miss but at least we won the game 3-1 and managed to get a great result from this home game. Their red card in the 68th minute definitely helped us as well and it's good to see we took advantage of that.

View attachment 76132
View attachment 76131
After a very good Champions League game, we had to play against Darmstadt at the weekend in the league and we absolutely destroyed them. Havertz and Volland came up with rare goals to get us the 3 points and our absolutely amazing run in the league continues, now taking us to 6 wins in 6 games, which is just mental. I mean again, to think at this time last year we were struggling so much and now we're top of the league by a couple points is incredible. I decided to give Pau López his debut for the club today as well and boy what a good game he had. Keeping a clean sheet was obviously the highlight but overall he just did very well.

View attachment 76130
Following the international break, we got news that Wilshere got injured and well, despite him getting injured just as Denis Suárez is coming back, it just wasn't the news that I wanted to hear coming from the English national team. He's not injured for too long so he'll be back in no time but he's been the player with the highest average rating for us so far this season and I'd like to keep it that way of course, but with him on the pitch!

View attachment 76129
This game was supposed to be a little bit tougher than our games as of late considering how well Werder Bremen played last season but they just crumbled today. We absolutely smashed them and kept the ball throughout and even when they scored their goal to make it 3-1, they just didn't look like they were going to come back. That now means that yes, you're reading that right, we've won 7 games from 7. I can't believe this seriously, what is going on!

View attachment 76128
We got lucky there with a point from an own goal but I'll take it! The home fans made us play a lot better and getting a point against Juventus is actually an amazing result, now I just hope we can keep this going and continue to rise up the Champions League group table because we're definitely right behind Manchester City and Juventus now and a win or two in our next 3 group stage games now could secure us qualification to the next round!

View attachment 76127
Yet another red card and this time for Henrichs! Thankfully Jung has been back from injury for a while now and been playing every now and then and it means that we can play Wendell in our next match with Jung at right back, hopefully, but it's disappointing to lose a player to a red card like that. Brandt was the hero though and became the club's top goalscorer so far this season with this hat-trick, which is great to see. I love that we don't have one or two players carrying us so far, we have many players who are stepping up and scoring goals to get us good results. Should I even announce our win streak anymore? 8 from 8 now, yes I announced it, but I mean it's just such a crazy start to the season!

View attachment 76126
View attachment 76125
This game ended up being a lot easier than the game we played against Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga and what a match this was! See what I mean now about a couple of players stepping up? Alario scored yet again and so did Volland, with Tah now opening his goal tally for the season. We drew Mainz in the 3rd round which is a very winnable for us considering they're 16th in the Bundesliga currently, but we've had trouble against those teams in the relegation zone in the past so we won't take anything for granted for sure.

View attachment 76124
View attachment 76123
View attachment 76122
View attachment 76121
So then, 8 games in and we've won every single one of them! We also have the best goal difference in the league by far and are ahead of 2nd place by 8 points! Leipzig finally decided to wake up and Bayern continue to climb the table but Dortmund kind of gave up now. Regardless, I'm so happy with the season so far and can only hope we'll keep this form going now going into November, because that is one **** of a month. Dortmund, Juventus and Manchester City are absolutely huge games, both in the league and in the Champions League. If anything, I'm a lot more focused on the European games that we have to play as we're 3rd in the group right now, 2 points behind Manchester City and we have a huge chance of getting closer to them if we win against Juve at their stadium and then at home against City. It'll be very tough but who knows? This month we won 5 games from 6 in total and only conceded 3 goals, while scoring 15, so anything's possible.

Up next, the November results!

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Turns out I'm still having issues uploading new files every now and then. Idk if anyone's got a solution for this? Really annoying as I'm really enjoying this save/story!

Last edited:
Super start to the season....

You're not the first one to have a number of injuries in short succession. Perhaps a bug?

That CL group though. Wow!

Its a shame that the website is buggy at the moment, also having trouble with my story too. I'm currently enjoy your story, hope that the picture resolves soon

Super start to the season....

You're not the first one to have a number of injuries in short succession. Perhaps a bug?

That CL group though. Wow!
Definitely a tough group, hopefully will get through it! And yeah I'm not sure, but it definitely seems like a bug or something considering the amount of injuries I get every month/couple of months!

Its a shame that the website is buggy at the moment, also having trouble with my story too. I'm currently enjoy your story, hope that the picture resolves soon
Yeah definitely a little annoyed about that because I just can't really move forward with the story but oh well, not much I can do other than wait at this point..

Hey guys, after many months away from this save and lost files, I couldn't start it up again and wanted to just put one final message on here to make that clear. If you like my stories, you can go check out my "Reviving sleeping giants: AS Saint-Étienne" story which I'd advanced quite a lot in! Thanks for all the support on this story.