SaintSinner

Reaction score
Finding a good goalkeeper is the hardest thing to do in FM10. even if you are mancity, you cant get iker casillas or buffon for instance. they wont just play for you. So far i think that the best goalkeeper you can have is Diego Benaglio, you can start him at the first team from the get-go. You dont have to wait for him to develop unlike Asenjo or Areola-who takes a decade to get in his prime. A solid keeper is a necessity which we cant ignore. Had to pay 15m to get him out of VfL Wolfsburg but his worth every penny.
Has anyone else tried him?

did in 09, he was ok, try akinfeev? he was solid for me in 09 but i haven't used him yet in 2010.

had tried akinfeev but i think benaglio is stronger. has got height advantage over akinfeev.and akinfeev wont sign in for 15m.

yeah that's true, but didn't you say you were man city??

no no i am at arsenal. i was just giving you an example that clubs like mancity with all the money cant sign casillas or buffon.

i remember him on 09 he was good, aint tried him yet but was thinking of, his stats are impressive

Akinfeev is beast in FM10 to be honest. bought him for 40Million, worth every penny !

Benaglio good in fm2010 but the late Enke is the best affordable keeper for 12m he held on to wins and made save after save. The thing is that Enkes is at his peak whereas Benaglio is nearly there

40 m on a goalie is crazy, most prem teams have good goalies, 40 m is ridiculous sorry, even if you have the money, on 09 i payed 7m for shay given

René Adler is the best goal keeper in FM2010. But u have to pay like 15m to get him.

15 m aint that bad, and i agree with dr pepper 40 m for a keeper is a joke, i think man city got a bargain for 8m in given

ochoa is absolutly amazin and for less than 10 mill has saved my sunderland side a load of points bargain!!!!!

try this lad, looks like he is going to be great!

I bought Ochoa in teh 1st season for £9M and sold him in teh Jan transfer window the next season for aroundf £20M... shame Kenright took all the money!!

Last edited:
I got akinfeev for 20 million on my Villa save,although Akinfeev wanted to leave his club so perhaps that made it easier

You have a good keeper and cheap, his name is Silviu Lung JR he played on Criosa and i bought him for €900m, less then a Milion Euros and he is very good.

i got lloris for £27M for my man city (H) best keeper ever

I've never heard of this benaglio guy

plays for VfL wolfsburg, a swiss national. i was really impressed with this guy as my arsenal team was struggling without a top-notch keeper. and viola got him for 15m and never looked back.

try this lad, looks like he is going to be great!

I bought Ochoa in teh 1st season for £9M and sold him in teh Jan transfer window the next season for aroundf £20M... shame Kenright took all the money!!

Didn't Chelsea buy this lad?