DIM 442 (based on Mr.L 442 Heavy Metal) Overachieving Classic 442

dimartino

Reaction score
Disappointed with all tactics I've tried out of this forum (and others), I started tweaking tons of tactics, and testing them in my test save with weak portuguese team Arouca. After many hours of tweaking and testing I arrived to a tactic that gave by far the best results. I don't have any suggestions concerning training, type of players, or whatever. I think all these aspects are overrated. Keep morale high and play with at least competent players in the positions. I never change anything during matches, it's pure plug and play. VERY IMPORTANT: this is a tweaked version of Mr.L's 442 Heavy Metal V1, so full credit to his hard work.
I think I'm going to (finally!) start a proper save to try this on long term. Was just waiting for a consistent tactic to do so.
Some feedback would be appreciated. :)

NO OI'S
NO SPECIFIC CORNER TAKER

View attachment 207109View attachment 207108View attachment 207107View attachment 207106View attachment 207105View attachment 207104View attachment 207103

DOWNLOAD v1: View attachment 207102

Last edited:
testing first division colombia.

DD DE should take corners?

gonna try this one. TFF's tactics aren't working for me. will post results soon.

Been looking for a 442 tactic as Im playing with Sweden. Currently in the Euros in France and just plugged the tactic in and im liking the look of it. 2-2 draw against Spain (I was up 2-0) and then 1-1 draw against Russia. Both oppositions that should beat me and the team did suprisingly well.

Gonna try this with a 442 club like Atletico Madrid.

Clearly the best tactic I've used so far !
Not satisfied at all with all the tactics I've tried before, even with a big team like PSG.
Now great results, domination, beautiful play... perfection !

View attachment 206905

Left foot on right and vice versa?

As long as the player is at least competent in the position I simply don't care what's his prefered foot. Again I think that's an overrated decision. But then that's only my opinion. I like to keep it simple.

This tactic is simple and special.
I wish you continue tweaking it to improve the goals from the F9s.

But thanks for it anyway!

cheers