DIM 442 (based on Mr.L 442 Heavy Metal) Overachieving Classic 442

Still a very strong tactic for me !

Two small things though :
- my left striker is now a complete forward and scores for fun (Zivkovic, Milik or Cavani)
- it is very important to put 2 defensive profiles for the BWM's, when I've tried to put offensive players there (like Pastore or Trindade), I lost (it happened 2 times and it won't happen again :D )

Thanks a lot for the tactic !

Still a very strong tactic for me !

Two small things though :
- my left striker is now a complete forward and scores for fun (Zivkovic, Milik or Cavani)
- it is very important to put 2 defensive profiles for the BWM's, when I've tried to put offensive players there (like Pastore or Trindade), I lost (it happened 2 times and it won't happen again :D )

Thanks a lot for the tactic !

I'm testing a lot with the strikers, as I also feel they could perform better. That CF is on support or attack duty?

- it is very important to put 2 defensive profiles for the BWM's, when I've tried to put offensive players there (like Pastore or Trindade),
Dont agree with this statement. Ive played with two different teams and from times used more attacking minded midfielders in the centre and it still worked.

However, it goes without saying that with two more defensive minded players in the centre of the park you will always be more difficult to beat than if you use two attacking minded mids instead. Its common sense

Dont agree with this statement. Ive played with two different teams and from times used more attacking minded midfielders in the centre and it still worked.

However, it goes without saying that with two more defensive minded players in the centre of the park you will always be more difficult to beat than if you use two attacking minded mids instead. Its common sense

I agree with you, versus smaller teams it can be tested but I think you should really focus on hard working defensive profiles against good teams because most of the time the wingers and the two guys upfront will do the job :D I also have defensive players that can be really good when attacking (like Matuidi or Rabiot for PSG) so this is a good compromise.

Did you finish the season with Arouca? Looking for an underdog tactic and this might be it

Did you finish the season with Arouca? Looking for an underdog tactic and this might be it

No. Arouca is just a test save (of usually ten matches) just to test tactics. I'm going to start my first real save in Fm16 as soon as I can. Meanwhile lots to do in real life... a wife, two kids, work... its not easy!!! :p

V2 launched (some minor tweaks), please give me some feedback.

V2 dropped... v1 is way better.

Last edited:
Vou exprimentar, porque a tua táctica V1 devolveu-me a esperança de jogar FM16.
Quando fizer um número razoável de jogos, digo.

V1 - 12 jogos, 12 vitórias
V2 - 5 jogos, 2 vitórias, 3 empates

Last edited:

I'll try, because your V1 tactic gave me hope to play FM16.
When I play a reasonable number of games, I will say something.
V1 - 12 games, 12 wins
V2 - 5 games, 2 wins, 3 draws

Ingles, amigo, tem que ser em ingles! :)

V2 funcionou bem no meu teste do Arouca porque é uma tactica mais defensiva (alas defensivos!), se tiveres uma equipa forte penso que a V1 é melhor.

V2 worked well with Arouca because is more defensive tactic (defensive wingers!), if you have a stronger team V1 is better

I'm playing with Ajax, 2nd season, only use players of Ajax (current mais squad and youngs).

Using this first season with Leeds. No signings and sitting happily in 7th, started off well but after a little blip came back to beat league leaders Derby 4-1 away. Using v2, wingers do seem little negative but can't really argue with results so far

Using this first season with Leeds. No signings and sitting happily in 7th, started off well but after a little blip came back to beat league leaders Derby 4-1 away. Using v2, wingers do seem little negative but can't really argue with results so far

I have dropped V2, V1 does seem a lot better. I advise you to play the rest of the season with it.

I have dropped V2, V1 does seem a lot better. I advise you to play the rest of the season with it.
Train it up first till my team know it inside out or jump straight on to it asap

Shame you have abandoned this tactic. Tried many others and to make one by myself but yours is great.

Shame you have abandoned this tactic. Tried many others and to make one by myself but yours is great.

I think it's somewhat more consistent than many of the tactics available around the forums, like this:

Dimartino 442 v1: 43 pts, 39 goals for/40 against, 56 CCC for/60 against
Gatling project update: 24 pts, 43 goals for/67 against, 51 CCC for/72 against

And that's using Will's save with tactic test league reloading 30 matches.

Currently lacking the time even to play, so test and tweak tactics is out of question... sorry :p