Director Of Football

• Thread starter Thread starter city4lyf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 34K
You can put players on the 'development list' for eg some young talent you might have, and your DOF will find a suitable club that you can send that player on loan to, who will help in his development. Rather than send him somewhere where he's not gonna play and improve.

My director of football just agreed to pay Podolski 70% of his £100k wages if he joins Malaga. :| And there's no way to cancel it! Great -.-

My director of football just agreed to pay Podolski 70% of his £100k wages if he joins Malaga. :| And there's no way to cancel it! Great -.-

hahaha, thats the exact reason I do things myself :P lollololol

hahaha, thats the exact reason I do things myself :P lollololol

I know but towards the end of the window I list all my young players for loan and set my DOF to handle transfers cus I cba to offer out and accept/ reject everything. Just so happens I was also in the middle of selling Podolski and bam! This happens -.- Annoying thing is, I'm set to finalise the deals? So why the DOF was doing it is beyond me!

Would be nice if SI could add a bit more depth to the staff roles page.. Pretty vague atm.

Im tottenham and i struggle to find a dof i wanted Baldini but he had no interest in joining i ended up leaving Mr Levy to do some of the dealings and he has got me some great deals

I believe that the DoF could be a crucial part on the waste management. As someone said before, loaning players and selling players that you put on the reserve squad could help at the beginning of the game, so you can focus more on the main squad.

In the future, putting him looking for bargains can also be good, since you don't need to search the transfer list until the 10000 player.

But making him buying player takes a huge cut of the fun

BEST THING ABOUT THE GAME LOOKED FOR A DR W/BR. FOUND WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A GREAT ONE BUT MAN CITY OUT MUSCLED ME. in the meantime went for a striker instead and got him,
then low and behold my directer of football came up with a real gem twice as good and half the price.
has also come up with a few i didnt want sold to **** gk and found great wonder kid goalie and my directer of football found me a wonder kid gk but not as good as what i already had I think its a great innovation tbh

just no one hire damien comolli, otherwise well you know...

anyone know if you can search for a coach or a DoF or a scout based on their prefered formation? as for a DoF its helpful if he's got the same style as myself, but finding it difficult to A, find one that has same formation as me, and B, I seem to have to check every single one to find out if he's the same as me. Any help greatly appreciated.

Richard.

Do you have the final say on who they sign or is it all up to them?

Mine just got me 16mil for Downing and Cole, they seem useful for selling players..

Can someone tell me where to set my DOF settings in FMC..... ive got one but cant figure out how to use him....

Click on the arrow by your team on the top bar then go to staff responsibilities

director of football

hi i have played 1 season as liverpool finished 4th and runner up i carling cup and semi final of europa i have to say i found it easier than id anticipated as liverpool...suarez is a gem on it ..........i bought ilsinho for 5m .....the point im making about director of football is its basically an assistant manager with a glorified title other than he can buy and sell players which i am not fond of and wont like ,,,,it isnt for me someone buying a player for you id ike to see who he is etc....he also accepts bids over your head which i also dont like as u could possibly get more of another club..just my opinion i like to be in full control only thing i dont do fully is training i do a lot of it when have time as i play online but personally the director of football isnt for me what do you think guys

I bought in Frank Arnersen from HSV with MU and he got Fellaini for 17 Mil plus Anderson. Decent contract aswell. Found all my transfer and loan listed players clubs quickly and made sure my youngsters got to clubs who promised first team action to aid their development. He costs 1.7 Mil in compensation but seems to be doing a good job so far

my DOF was a scout (something hill) forgot his full name but kept tring to buy williams form middlesborough for 6 mill each time i cancelled the bid. but he was persistant.

although they do sometimes bring my attention to other players like i was linked with moussa sissoko

I hope this works well with FMC which is the mod I intend to play. I decide who to buy and negotiate myself but sometimes I waste a lot of time selling deadwood or trying to send players on loan, and the DOF can be crucial to save you time with that things.
I imagine Pantaleo Corvino should be a beat as a DOF. Probably the first signing I make in my leagues at FM 13.

More instructions are needed. Like NOT sending HG awaiting players to loan. Or asking what "stars" at least you want for your 1st team, youngsters and coaches. They keep buying 4 star coaches and filling up coach limit while other areas of training are 2.5-3-3.5 stars...

Back