I only use mine to hire youth players and sell players that I know i'm unlucky to be able to receive a decent fee for, but just to want them off my books. Seems to work OK so far.

no you can set it so you sign players they do leg work you finalize deal for players anyway.

no you can set it so you sign players they do leg work you finalize deal for players anyway.

Actually i am doing exactly this and i find he is doing a pretty decent job, value for money wise for a lower league team with little money. :)

He did got me a couple of 2 stars players i sent to the reserves and after that on the very last transfer day he found some pretty good ones and in enough numbers for rotation.

Only thing i don't understand is that when i get to finalize the deal there is no scout report for the player for me to decide if i want him or not?

I have a german guy think he is at bremen think his name is like Affolys or something he has got me some very very good signings

Anybody got any decent DOF's they want to share!?

I've got ex Liverpool and Spurs DoF, Damien Comolli.

I allow him to run the scouting network and decide where best to scout, occasionally allow him to try acquire some of my transfer targets towards the end of the transfer window if I've failed a few times but the only players on my target transfer list are scouted at least for 3 games and have a minimum 4* potential.

I recommend Phil Cannon from Blackburn for Head of Youth development as well.

I don't have one, I have not and will not employ one ;) I do everything myself and its a waste of wages as the ones that I was looking at wanted like 24k a week/month!

how can you trust an AI programme to buy you players? that is the funnest aspect of playing the game in my opinion! contract negotiations is paramount to creating a dynasty

Eh I haven't found much use for a Director of Football. I got one in my Arsenal save and even loaning out players he wasn't that useful. He kept sending my overseas youngsters to clubs that weren't in playable leagues ect. Also I found I could much better money for offering out my own players, and he kept selling to clubs where I would have to pay part of their wages, screw that. He did it for Mertesaker and now I am down for 50 percent of his wages or something for 3 more seasons.

Feels like just as much micromanaging cancelling his stupid deals and stuff than it is to actually just do it yourself. Pretty sure you can have the head of youth development loan out young players too.

ok, I had Llorente as my DoF for 2 seasons and to be honest, never gave him a chance with regards to finding and buying players for me.. don't trust it..

I have just hired Rudi Voller (anyone had him before) and have given him free range to find and offer for players for my 1st team and youth team, but I have the final say in the deals..

lets see how he does, even though this is what I have done so far, start of 3rd season..

The only reason I will only hire a DoF for insane amount of money is if he is superb at negotiating contracts. Often when I start negotiating with players/agents and fail, they end up going to diff clubs and getting much less money than they were willing to accept from me. I don't get this, I thought since the AI is so great at negotiating contracts maybe it'll do the same for me?

I don't have one, I have not and will not employ one ;) I do everything myself and its a waste of wages as the ones that I was looking at wanted like 24k a week/month!

how can you trust an AI programme to buy you players? that is the funnest aspect of playing the game in my opinion! contract negotiations is paramount to creating a dynasty

The only reason I would think of trusting the AI to negotiate contracts for players I'm signing for my first team coz most of the time when negotiations breakdown with a player, they end up going to a mediocre club ( we're the champs of Europe baby!) for less wages and app bonus, etc. I thought if I let my DoF handle neg. wit players I'll get the same deals :) Is this true? neone tried checking?

Their main role is to negotiate transfers (with other managers & directors) and to negotiate contracts with players. IMO, that's man management.

lol, thats funny what u just said XD Man Management is a COACHING stat.. it has nothing to do with negotiating contracts whatsoever!