Yeah perhaps, I've been looking into that recently. I've just signed Van Der Vaart, so might look to play him in the middle of three attacking midfielders and have Crouch/Defoe up front by themselves but Modric is class on the wing, I'm playing him as a winger, attack and now I'm playing Kranjcar as advanced playmaker and it's working well, however I've got a Brazillian called Leonardo who would usually play on one of those wings who is pure class as well!

Chris and Tykeyo, share some intelligence :3
****, I really need to read up on how FM works, because all I can do is manage United, play with players I know how play IRL. So using the Wizard, with a somehow tweaked 4-4-2 formation with two offensive wingers, box-box midfielder and one ballwinning MC I probably dont even have to tell you that it aint working too good.

What I want to do is learning how to use settings to tweak the tactic and how to look on the game itself, and see how I'm playing. Like Wide/narrow, defensive line, links between strikers and midfield/wingers etc and knowing how to adjust those things.

Any tips on how to do this? If I could read like 50 pages, and then get the knowledge after a given time of experimenting, I'd do it.

Cheers, and I hope I don't get too offtopic and noobish.

View attachment 84070
Anything wrong with this tactic?
I know Navas and Ozil are out of position because I am retraining them so they can cut inside on their good foot.

View attachment 84070
Anything wrong with this tactic?
I know Navas and Ozil are out of position because I am retraining them so they can cut inside on their good foot.
yeah i wouldnt do the cut inside thing, it can clog up the middle of the pitch, because they weak foot is so weak, they will only cut inside, and not thin about the cross or a better pass, besides ozils best positions is where you are playing perotti

Chris and Tykeyo, share some intelligence :3
****, I really need to read up on how FM works, because all I can do is manage United, play with players I know how play IRL. So using the Wizard, with a somehow tweaked 4-4-2 formation with two offensive wingers, box-box midfielder and one ballwinning MC I probably dont even have to tell you that it aint working too good.

What I want to do is learning how to use settings to tweak the tactic and how to look on the game itself, and see how I'm playing. Like Wide/narrow, defensive line, links between strikers and midfield/wingers etc and knowing how to adjust those things.

Any tips on how to do this? If I could read like 50 pages, and then get the knowledge after a given time of experimenting, I'd do it.

Cheers, and I hope I don't get too offtopic and noobish.
first things first you're gonna need to watch you game in extended, or eve some bits in full see wher you're playing a running/to from, where you passes are going. use the match match analysis tools, and tweak bit by bit. look for:
how am attacking? short passes, long ones etc?
which passes are succesfull which are not
how am i conceding goals? from crosses, or through balls, or are they passing around me? am i making the tackles etc.

Toure - Ball playing>Defend
Lescott - Central>Cover
De Jong - Anchor man
Barry - Deep lying playmaker>Support
Robinho and Wright-Phillips - Winger>Support
Tevez - Deep lying Forward>Attack
Adebayor - Target man>Attack
I'm not doing very well with this tactic, what are it's weaknesses and what should I change?

Hi, I am with Valencia anything wrong with what I'm doing?
Thanks

View attachment 84064 View attachment 84065

only two players are defending that might be a problem

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

daffymare have more of a natural right back richards is good but speed wise and putting those crosses in im not sure he may be that good

wats wonrg bout this tactic .....

No linking in the midfield, both DM are on Defend duties and all attacking midfielders are on Attack duties, perhaps have one DM on support and have Hamsik(AMC) with a lower mentality, so he drops deep to pick up the ball

Last edited:
Hi, could anybody help me to see what's going wrong in this tactic? Lost first game to Bologna 1-0 and lost second game to Inter 1-0.

Just want to check if I've got the right tactics, as I haven't used this formation before

Thanks ;)

View attachment 109330

View attachment 109331

View attachment 109332

EDIT: And btw I don't want to download any tactics, I feel it takes the fun out of the game.

Just got my first point of the season against Juventus 1-1 :D

Last edited:
This was my line up for the uefa super cup, usually arsha is where vela or wilshere is depending on the form

wats wonrg bout this tactic .....

You are playing ezequiel lavezzi upfront on his own, when up there on your own you need strength, his strength is 11, also if your advanced wingers are putting crosses in, he cant win the header, since his heading attribute is 5

I think my tactic I just posted is actually pretty decent, just drew with Juventus 1-1 then I just beat two teams in a row 3-0 :D

Any improvements that can be made though?

EDIT: Another 3-0 win, thats three in a row now :D

Last edited:
Any tips? I'm pretty happy with it as it gotten me to back to back Europa league finals and back to back top 5 finishes and a league cup.

I start with a balanced mentality with a control strategy (they can't score without the ball is my best defence IMO) My ***. man says we play better with a deep line (so I have it just on the edge of normal/deep. ) and narrow (again just on the edge of normal/narrow) and we play on the widest pitch available.

shorter passing
creative freedom - more disciplined
roaming - stick to position
Closing down -stand off more

ST-Advanced forward (crossing rarely)
AMR-Advanced playmaker - cut inside and creative freedom turned up
AML- Inside forward - move into chanenls/crossing rarely
CM-Attack run from deep-often (swap position with other CM, I assume this means swap roles as well)
CM-Deep lying playmaker, support, run from deep sometimes
DM-Standard settings
CB-Limited defender ultra defensive mentality/no creative freedom/man marking/tight marking
Ball playing CB-Cover/zonal/slightly more defensive than standard settings
LB-Full back standard settings/Man mark
RB-Full back standard setting/Man mark

Retain possesion touchline shout

My only problem - I struggle against 5-3-2 or 3-5-2. I also struggle against a funky tactic that Birmingham uses in my save a 5-3-2 with wingbacks and a DM. I often have to resort to JP woodys version of MR Hough's tactic to have any chance of breaking them down.

Also I am contemplating going to ful zonal at the back. I need to relieve my fullback of some of their defensive duties to allow them to get forward. seeing as I own the lion's share of possession in the majority of games, which nullifies a lot of any meaningful attacks. With maybe only having my DM as a man marker

Last edited: