• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Former Arsenal right-back Lee Dixon believes the Gunners' current form could mean they have problems finishing in the Premier League's top-eight places this season.

More...

Pssh it's not as if they won't bounce back.

Don't think it will happen, then again not surprised if it does. Why the **** did we sell Eboue and Cesc?!?! WHY?!?! Jenkinson is not good enough yet and I don't think we should have let Cesc go for so cheap. Game in and game out it's the same ****** mistakes. I am really frustrated and for once am starting to think that Wenger should step down.

Don't think it will happen, then again not surprised if it does. Why the **** did we sell Eboue and Cesc?!?! WHY?!?! Jenkinson is not good enough yet and I don't think we should have let Cesc go for so cheap. Game in and game out it's the same ****** mistakes. I am really frustrated and for once am starting to think that Wenger should step down.

Cesc was desperate to go to his boyhood club, and it would've been a bad idea to keep against his will any longer.

He said he thinks top-six, obviously given the way they are playing it looks like relegation form but I mean their squad isn't that bad.

Last edited:
He said he thinks top-six, obviously given the way they are playing it looks like relegation form but I mean their squad is that bad.

Do you mean is, or isn't that bad?

So the headline is "Dixon doubt Arsenal top-six spot" but the opening line says "their form means they could have problems finishing in the top 8 places."

Shoddy journalism.

So the headline is "Dixon doubt Arsenal top-six spot" but the opening line says "their form means they could have problems finishing in the top 8 places."

Shoddy journalism.

Not shoddy journalism at all.

Read the line in the first post, says pretty much exactly that.

But BBC Sport is ****.

Think they will finish 5th personly inbetween Spurs and Lpool but not sure what order as of yet.

5th?! We'll be lucky to get 7th the way were playing ;)

Granted at the moment it isen't looking great but with the players Arsenal have got that will just be enough sometimes to get them points.

They'll come good soon. 6th should be comfortably acheived

Personally I think that without several transfers in January, they will not finish in top six. Tottenham and Liverpool will be fighting for the Champions League spot, as Newcastle already have a good start and I am confident they will keep it that way at least a few more matches.

Personally I think that without several transfers in January, they will not finish in top six. Tottenham and Liverpool will be fighting for the Champions League spot, as Newcastle already have a good start and I am confident they will keep it that way at least a few more matches.

I don't see Newcastle sustaining this form over a whole season, although they may be in with a shout of a Europa League place.

so if you say that arsenal will not be in the top six who will be your top six bets?

Last edited:
I don't see Newcastle sustaining this form over a whole season, although they may be in with a shout of a Europa League place.
Of course they might be a surprise so far, but they have few quality players and a set of supporters which for me are one of the best in England. They can finish top six if it's not Arsenal there.

so if you say that arsenal will not be in the top six who will be your top six bets?
Based on the fact that Arsenal will not do anything in January window, I'll go like this:
1. Man United;
2. Man City;
3. Chelsea;
4. Tottenham;
5. Liverpool;
6. Newcastle/Aston Villa.

Back