Dixon doubts Arsenal top-six spot

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 3K
Based on the fact that Arsenal will not do anything in January window, I'll go like this:
1. Man United;
2. Man City;
3. Chelsea;
4. Tottenham;
5. Liverpool;
6. Newcastle/Aston Villa.

Lol Godcubed wishes ;)

Ridiculous how Arsenal have been wrote off, really is. Sure, they're considerably weaker than last season but I still consider them better than Spurs.

Ridiculous how Arsenal have been wrote off, really is. Sure, they're considerably weaker than last season but I still consider them better than Spurs.

Out of curiosity, what have we got to do to be better than them then? Im baffled.

If you was going to do an 11 full of Spurs and Arsenal players then now days i would say there would be more Spurs players and i think thats says it all.

So you also consider them better than Liverpool? Since we have a better team than you.

I actually made a prediction after the second or third game that Newcastle would finish 5th and Arsenal 6th. Not sure about it, but it doesn't sound ridiculous at this point in time. I would be astonished if Arsenal got fourth.

So you also consider them better than Liverpool? Since we have a better team than you.

Heresy! This calls for a team vs team!
Friedel
Walker-King-Dawson-Assou Ekotto
Van Der Vaart-Modric-Parker-Bale
Defoe-Adebayor

Would you agree that's your strongest team?

Heresy! This calls for a team vs team!
Friedel
Walker-King-Dawson-Assou Ekotto
Van Der Vaart-Modric-Parker-Bale
Defoe-Adebayor

Would you agree that's your strongest team?

I'd probably say, on paper, our best XI is:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King BAE
Parker Sandro
VDV Modric Bale
Adebayor​

Still, you posted our best 4-4-2 team apart from including Kaboul who I now rate ahead of Dawson in most aspects.

Edit* This comparison won't lead to any sensible conclusion, because I rate Parker or Sandro ahead of Lucas, and I wouldn't swap BAE for Enrique either (he fits our team). I imagine you feel the same way, only vice versa, and therefore we'll be at a stalemate I imagine.

Last edited:
As a neutral, Spurs v Liverpool:

----------Reina------------
Johnson-King-Agger-Enrique
------Modric-Parker------
Lennon---Suarez-----Bale
---------Adebayor---------

Spurs v Arsenal:

---------Friedel-----------
Sagna-King--Vermaelen-BAE
-----Modric--Wilshere------
Lennon----VDV--------Bale
-----------RVP-------------

i will look up for atmost a 5th or 6th place, plus a cup win to start off with. (CC FINAL !!!!)

Lennon---Suarez-----Bale

Spurs v Arsenal:

Even though I disagree with many of your choices, you still put both teams in Tottenham's favour overall.

Heard it from a neutral guys.

Lennon---Suarez-----Bale

Spurs v Arsenal:

Parker is quality but surely Gerrard would get in there ahead of him... Also I'd probably go with Downing right wing instead of Lennon.. Sounds like I'm being biased but oh well..

Gerrard and Modric in CM? They'd lack presence and bite.

Gerrard over Modric? Never. ;)

Gerrard and Modric in CM? They'd lack presence and bite.

Gerrard over Modric? Never. ;)

Yer your right. Reina, Johnson, Agger, King, Enrique, Gerrard, Parker, Modric, Suarez, Ade, Bale.

But Walker would be pushing Johnson..

Sagna-King-Vermaelen-Enrique
Kuyt---Gerrard-----Bale
---------RVP---------

Sagna-King-Vermaelen-Enrique
Kuyt---Gerrard-----Bale
---------RVP---------

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Parker over say someone like Lucas (I know it seems like a no-brainer but Lucas is very efficient too.)

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Parker over say someone like Lucas (I know it seems like a no-brainer but Lucas is very efficient too.)

very close between them in all fairness, but Parker edges it cos he is better going forwards, and when you have a player like modric happy to come deep, you get an Excellent double pivot that is hard to track

Back