Do Poms follow the SPL?

• Thread starter Aphrika
  • Start date
  • Replies 63
  • Views 6K
The SPL needs a major change over, it needs to be an 18 - 22 team leauge, Also needs major ivestment, The teams in it and the standard of football aint that bad, The one thing we do have over the EPl is atmosphere, no cuecumber sndwiches in our stadiums, just good plain old passionite fans...:p

Well Celtic have just proposed to make SPL a 10 team league. Plus see when you have to go to Ibrox on a Pishing Tuesday Night watch Falkirk get 69% of the possession but we still win 3-1 then you know that Scotland Football is down the pan.

The SPL needs a major change over, it needs to be an 18 - 22 team leauge, Also needs major ivestment, The teams in it and the standard of football aint that bad, The one thing we do have over the EPl is atmosphere, no cuecumber sndwiches in our stadiums, just good plain old passionite fans...:p

MR crack smoking tartan enthusiast, WHAT??? the SPL has an utter ***** atmosphere, apart from the old firm games. and theyre only entertainin the first 96 times a season they play each other, the other 274 are just borin. the SPL is dire, face it. **** teams, **** players (as the good ones head south to england), **** stadiums bar the big 2, **** matches, **** finals, **** league set up....i mean if the SPL was even half decent you wouldn't have gordan strachen in charge of celtic!! he's *****. really, think about it, he is like. i know hes gone but you know his replacement will be just as bad.

im still laughin at that atmosphere comment! me nana gets the scottish post on a sunday and i always read the attendances, purely for a laugh, although i do admire the ones who turn out for the small clubs, any tom **** or jock can support rangers or celtic.

atmosphere indeed!

MR crack smoking tartan enthusiast, WHAT??? the SPL has an utter ***** atmosphere, apart from the old firm games. and theyre only entertainin the first 96 times a season they play each other, the other 274 are just borin. the SPL is dire, face it. **** teams, **** players (as the good ones head south to england), **** stadiums bar the big 2, **** matches, **** finals, **** league set up....i mean if the SPL was even half decent you wouldn't have gordan strachen in charge of celtic!! he's *****. really, think about it, he is like. i know hes gone but you know his replacement will be just as bad.

im still laughin at that atmosphere comment! me nana gets the scottish post on a sunday and i always read the attendances, purely for a laugh, although i do admire the ones who turn out for the small clubs, any tom **** or jock can support rangers or celtic.

atmosphere indeed!

At least we have rivalries and our fans dont walk out halfway through games. Just look at the international teams to see has the more passionate fans.

There is a few decent teams in the spl but nothing interesting can really happen when only two teams win the league mighta been differant a few season ago had heats not messed burley about, u cant really blame the media for building up the epl it is still a business and to be honest who can complain when they have some of the biggest names in europe, spl need an investment asap especially with setanta going down the pan

I have to agree with you there about investment. With Setanta not payin up like I knew they would. We will need some other way of making money. As a Celtic fan I'm disapointed in the youth we have been bringing through. I think the culture of the country has changed with the generations. Where as before you would play football morning noon and night now in glasgow anyway drink and violence have sadly became hobbies. Ano I was a promising footballer till I started drinking at 15.

A lot of people will say the first rule of management is never to buy from Scotland, i mean look who Rangers lost too while trying to qualify for the championsleague

At least we have rivalries and our fans dont walk out halfway through games. Just look at the international teams to see has the more passionate fans.

1. rivals....hmmm..lets see...sunderland v newcastle, we HATE each other...liverpool v everton...spurs v the gunners....liverpool v man u...man u v man city...liverpool v chelsea....man u v arsenal....sunderland v wolves now theyre promoted....the list could go on, i aint even mentioned the midlands there, or the other london derbies, or the north west.....

2. once your national "team" gets to a major competition then we'll see, not that that will ever happen, you all *** mcfadden...championship player this season wasnt he??

dont get me wrong, you cant help your nationality or the club you support, but dont try and compare that shower up there to our league...the championship is more entertaining then the SPL

1. rivals....hmmm..lets see...sunderland v newcastle, we HATE each other...liverpool v everton...spurs v the gunners....liverpool v man u...man u v man city...liverpool v chelsea....man u v arsenal....sunderland v wolves now theyre promoted....the list could go on, i aint even mentioned the midlands there, or the other london derbies, or the north west.....

Yes the merseyside derby also known as the friendly derby where the fans hug and sit with each other.

2. once your national "team" gets to a major competition then we'll see, not that that will ever happen, you all *** mcfadden...championship player this season wasnt he??

ahh Mcfadden..dont worry once you have been around the forums for more than two minutes you will see mostr of us hate him...nobody hates him more than me though

dont get me wrong, you cant help your nationality or the club you support, but dont try and compare that shower up there to our league...the championship is more entertaining then the SPL

Sure the SPL isnt great but then again we are a nation with 4m people MOST of whom live in the one area and the majority support the old firm.

England has come leaps and bounds in the last 18 years but before SKY came along you were not in the best position ever.

Our league needs serious investment which wont happen and our amazing SFA is too busy trying to be like England which will never happen.

Italy has had terrible troubles the past 7-8 years because of cut funds etc and has lowered the standard of there league.

We need an 18 team top division.

It would make the league more interesting and will bring in more money. Fair enough you have no interest in the SPL but your prob a ****** that cant wipe his own ****.

'your league is **** because your stadiums and attendances are ****'

shut up moron

ooooooo, hit a nerve there? dont spit ya sporran out, if you want to base your conclusion of me being a ****** because of my posts then why not kindly read what i was quoting and seriously defend it. and in the case of attendances take my beloved sunderland, average attendance of 40,000. now thats ******* amazing considering sunderland is a COMPLETELY working class city, as are surrounding areas, the north east has been hit massivley by the recession, shitloads of people have lost thier jobs and we still get full houses to watch that garbage, same applies with the mags.

and was my only reason in ALL of my posts, infact ANY of them based on "**** stadiums and attendances"?? no my friend. read my posts, then stop blowin so hard on ya bagpipes and let some air into ya head before you post next time. if you must know, i follow rangers quite closely, ive liked them since i was a kid, i remember at roker park (sunderlands old ground for any wonderin) one end would shout celtic and the opposite goal end would shout rangers. ive never been to ibrox but from scottish people i know they say the only decent games are either european or old firm, with the odd league game that actually means somethin.

why cant the SFA just make a 18-20 team league?? it would be much more interesting i think, probably a less predictable league too! which would maybey get more money into scottish football too? thats what it all boils down to...money!

yup it does and when England got more we got less. Our associations are a joke and so is the way our league is set up.

Sunderland fans are great, you turned up in your mass's two years ago when you were in the championship and even more turn up even now.

That is part of the problem here, people dont turn out to support there local teams. I would go to more Hearts games if i didnt live so ****** far away but lets take Motherwell for example

My gf's uncle is the chairman and for years he has been lowering prices and having days where kids go free and still they struggle to bring in crowds. Alot of the blame has to come down to people not going to the games but the clubs have to charge £16-£25 just to get by which brings us to your point about money

But despite all it's problems it's still a great league to follow. Title going down to the last day on more than one occasion, 5 teams fighting the drop and 3 chasing europe.

Sure we have the same two teams chasing the league every year but england has the same 4 teams every year and spain has 2-3. Lyon ran riot in france for 7 years and Inter have dominated Italy for the last three

Sure the standard isnt great but it's always interesting and when sides like Hearts finish 2nd or win the cup...it makes it even more amazing for us (the fans)

ahh well thanks to the irish we will be lucky to have a league in a few years anyway.

Mr murdoch will step in when sultana go bust, there'll always be tv revenue, the only question is how much. and you'll know better than me, but is it distributed evenly amongst the teams or is it like down here where it depends on league positions/cup runs etc?

on the attendances thing its all about how loyal and passionate the fans are really, lucky for sunderland we're all crazy about the club, always will be. but on your point of not getting enough people in, it happens down here too, i remember when we were in the championship we were doubling the attendances of blackburn, and they were very good then! its all about loacal pride. it alwasy baffles me when people say the crowds are down because the team is terrible, im of the opinion that ANY team will play better infront of a full house and a roaring crowd. would celtic and gers play so well if their stadiums were empty and quiet?

but that brings us back to the only word that matters in football nowadays....money!

The difference will be Money the people have aswell. Sunderland is a big place that can attract 40k people everyweek where as Hamilton is a small town that only has about 8k people in it if that.

As for your point on tv money...The spl winners only get just over 1m where as Derby got like 5m plus there 20m(over 5 years) bonus for going down.

Our national team has been pish and we still sell out every game. They rivalres are exactly that friendly. I know people from manchester whos fave teams are Man Utd and Man City. Youd never get a Celtic fan support rangers or a Hearts fan support Hibs. England has a population of what 50 or 60 Million to Scotlands 5.

city fans hate united, never heard the gallaghers get interviewed?? and us mackems dont exactly wish the geordies luck!!

Aww Aye cause The Gallaghers are real City fans they live in London for **** sake.