Do you follow the NFL?

If anyone doesn't know, the NFL kicks off on Channel 4 tonight, beginning with Broncos v Steelers. Coverage begins at 1:10 am, kickoff 1:25.

Thank christ for Channel 4. Happy bunny (H)

Another record breaking field goal - by David Akers (sp) for 49ers. 63 yard FG that had to bounce off the bar to go through lol

that was an epic FG I was right on the edge of my seat wishing that ball to go over!! wow! there were some immense scoring out on display today! Especially in New Orleans what a game that was!

Disappointing defeat for the Seahawks yesterday against the Cardinals. Really enjoyed the Bears and Colts game last night. Jay Cutlet has an absolute beast of a throw on him.

Playing a game of NFL12 and scored a touchdown with wide receiver Wallace from the Steelers, who is black. The commentator said this and I quote: "he has get away from the cop speed"

this happened over the weekend while playing a game of Madden 12, cracked me up!

Have not watched any of the games yet.. busy moving houses..

anyone have good links to highlights from the games?

Well, its apparent it's going to be a looooong season for Fins fans, highlighted by the 30-10 loss against Houston. Nothing more I wish to say on that.

However, Green Bay v San Francisco very enjoyable. As was Pittsburgh v Denver. Peyton Manning doing what he does best-looks like he's been in Denver longer, clearly back to his usual self. Though I did think the Steelers would run away with it, down to TOP in the 3rd quarter being 14:24 seconds which is just incredible. For Denver to have the ball only 36 seconds in the 3rd and still win says a lot. You have a leader like Manning, you're going places. Roll on the remaining two games tonight

Joe Flacco is raping the Bengals. 'Mon the Ravens.

For all UK based NFL fans check out our blog for lively discussion, debates, information across all things NFL and college ball. [email protected] or follow us on twitter @UK_NFL1

Lots of great people involved as well as exclusive prizes

did anyone enjoy the giants spanking the 49 ers as i did sunday evening ? the giants are the champions and yet sky or channel 4 will still not give them any credit they wrote them off all last season even when they beat green bay in green bay and in san fran in the nfc championship game even when they beat the pats they were given a swift well done then they went on about tom brady not playing well, this year the big blue look stronger than last year its about time sky and channel 4 gave them a little bit of credit!

did anyone enjoy the giants spanking the 49 ers as i did sunday evening ? the giants are the champions and yet sky or channel 4 will still not give them any credit they wrote them off all last season even when they beat green bay in green bay and in san fran in the nfc championship game even when they beat the pats they were given a swift well done then they went on about tom brady not playing well, this year the big blue look stronger than last year its about time sky and channel 4 gave them a little bit of credit!

Absolutly agree

Beat the leagues best offence my team the Packers and the team with the best defense 49's basically any team winning the NFC is beating a tougher bunch of teams than AFC and deserves total respect for doing so!

I've noticed among friends a lot of there disrespecting towards the Giants is put towards Eli Manning, really doesnt help having Payton as a big brother and Eli i've noticed is oftin talked down as being rubbish. I dont think he's great at all, can be very good at times but not one of the top 5 quarter backs.

This season has been brilliant viewing. Lots of shock results and i've enjoyed the Packers finding epic and totally new ways of loosing games

when micheal strahan(legend) led the team to the super bowl a couple of years ago no-one gave them any credit then..! and i guess they never will..! i take your point stonecold about eli he aint the greatest but i wouldnt have anyother qb in the nfl going into the 4th quater...! the game against the browns at the metlife this season and the comeback win against the bucks also at the met life those 2 comebacks were amazing ive never seen anything like them before..! and i guess eli will always live in patons shadow but i wouldnt bet against eli getting a 3rd ring in the next couple of seasons

eli he aint the greatest but i wouldnt have anyother qb in the nfl going into the 4th quater!

I Like how the lions are always awful till the 4th quarter then they totally come alive however i wouldnt wish Stafford on anyone

stafford is kinda like eli at times brilliant or useless

I support the New England Patriots. It is alot easier to follow the games since moving to the US

i bet scouse you are spoilt you get collage football aswell im jealous lol

A Kansas City Chiefs player has died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound after reportedly killing his girlfriend, police have said.
Javon Belcher, 25, drove to the team's practice facility near Arrowhead Stadium and turned the gun on himself as two team officials were confronting him. Police spokesman Darin Snapp said authorities received a call from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a home around five miles from the stadium in Kansas City. A call was then received from the Chiefs' practice facility.

Mr Snapp said when police arrived they saw a black male in a car with a handgun to his head talking to two Chiefs officials.
He said the linebacker - in his fourth season with the American football franchise - thanked general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel for all they had done for him, before shooting himself. He said: "When we arrived (at the house), a lady informed us that her daughter had been shot multiple times by her boyfriend. She identified him as a Chiefs player."

After officers arrived at the training facility, the coaches told them they never felt in danger.

Mr Snapp added: "They were just talking to him and he was thanking them and everything. The suspect began to walk in the opposite direction of the coaches and the officers and that's when they heard the gunshot. It appears he took his own life."
Belcher, from West Babylon, New York, played college football at Maine. He had a child with his girlfriend, said to be in her early 20s.

The stadium has been in lockdown since around 8am.

A statement from the Chiefs said: "We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning.
"We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation." The Chiefs are due to play the Carolina Panthers at Arrowhead on Sunday. The game will go on as scheduled.

NFL Player Shoots Girlfriend Then Himself

Jesus christ

It's truly terrible news. So sad to hear.