Do you think that once you get knocked out off the CL you should get into the europa

Reaction score
i was thinking that because i dont think its fair.if you qualify for one compitition why should you get a second chance

How would that work? Lets say you get knocked out in the CL Semi's, it only adds problems to the Europa League, with numbers etc. You have a chance in the CL, if you blow it, better luck next year.

How would that work? Lets say you get knocked out in the CL Semi's, it only adds problems to the Europa League, with numbers etc. You have a chance in the CL, if you blow it, better luck next year.

You don't understand the opening post, I think...

No Giggles don't he mean that the 3rd place finishing teams in the GS go to Europa and that ain't fair well tbh the European logic is CL>EL so there you go

Fail to qualify for the champions league group stages and you get into the Europa league. Come third in your group, you get into the Europa league.

Essentially, you DO get a second chance [by coming third in your group in the CL] but after that, don't think you need a second chance.

It is more to do with the competition lasting the entire season. Without the 8 teams from ECL, there is 1 round less, which makes it finish earlier, and UEFA want the 2 to start & finish at almost the same time.

u dont understand
what i mean is
when you get knocked out in the 3rd qualifying in the CL you get put into the Europa League play off draw i dont think thats fair

It is more to do with the competition lasting the entire season. Without the 8 teams from ECL, there is 1 round less, which makes it finish earlier, and UEFA want the 2 to start & finish at almost the same time.

Why can't they just stretch it out?

I don't see why a team not good enough for the Champions League knockout stages should be given a chance to win another competition. And if it's a big team who's third, they may have no trouble beating smaller sides. EL should have 16 groups with 4 teams, so that the current format wouldn't change.

I don't see why a team not good enough for the Champions League knockout stages should be given a chance to win another competition. And if it's a big team who's third, they may have no trouble beating smaller sides. EL should have 16 groups with 4 teams, so that the current format wouldn't change.
thats why fulham got beat cause A. madrid came fi the Cl didnt they?

The problem I have with the Europa League is that all these lucky losers get into the competition and send out the reserves . Ruins the quality of the competition which is why the competition isn't rated all that highly .

The problem I have with the Europa League is that all these lucky losers get into the competition and send out the reserves . Ruins the quality of the competition which is why the competition isn't rated all that highly .

I disagree. Juve AC, Liverpool have all recently dropped to EuL, and turn out strong sides.

I disagree. Juve AC, Liverpool have all recently dropped to EuL, and turn out strong sides.

Plus, for sides that have no chances of winning the league, its always nice to win a continental title. Tell that to Atletico Madrid fans!!!! They were quite happy about winning one after more than a decade.

It is not fair, we played right from the 3rd qual round of europa league in 90/10 season... Right up to final, nd we played about 6 teams who got nocked out of cl... There two seperate comps, keep them seperate... You dont go into another comp, after coming 3rd in group in europa league

I dont know for sure but i think its alot to do with recuperating more money for the teams aswell. I know that teams get alot less from the europa league but it surely softens the financial blow of dropping out of the CL + uefa get more viewing figures from teams like liverpool, at madrid etc. and in turn more for advertising which they won't complain about.

That said though i still thinks its abit unfair on teams that have played like 8-10 games (not sure exactly) in the competition to get lined up against some champions league rejects...

thats life :) cl group stage, 3rd place go to knock out round of europa league. u can get all the rules in the offical website. simple

NO. If you finish 3rd in Group then you have Europa. But after the group stages its a Dog eat Dog competition its whether your good enough or not. If you are out you are out for a reason its good as it shows where you need to improve on your team.

As a viewer and a fan , wouldn't you want to watch higher calibre players and better teams rather than some random team you have never heard of from places like Latvia?